What's new

Iranian Aviation Products..military and civilian

I Watched a "Partizan" video where he mentioned about Iran might joint Russia with $10 billion dollar to develop a 5th or 6th!! Gen aircraft.. @WudangMaster you may know more about this.

Any way here is KF-21 5th Gen of Korea/Indonesia with all flight tests almost done .

Costs $1.3 billion just for development stage (engine not included)
Uses American F414 engine
Uses Israel developed ELTA AESA radar produced locally
Other subsystems !!
Production planned for 2026
Has plans for domestic engine some time later.

View attachment 963736View attachment 963737
I haven't personally heard anything about a joint venture with Russia but the one video from Partizan that I saw had stated that Mapna can make a turbofan for both military and civilian use but that it does not want to commit to mass production alone and wants to partner with a foreign entity. Russia or China were the speculated potential partners.

I haven't personally heard anything about a joint venture with Russia but the one video from Partizan that I saw had stated that Mapna can make a turbofan for both military and civilian use but that it does not want to commit to mass production alone and wants to partner with a foreign entity. Russia or China were the speculated potential partners.
Here is the video I saw: The title of video is:

Is Iran entering SU-75 project with $10 billion dollars.

آیا ایران با ده میلیارد دلار وارد پروژه سوخو۷۵ می‌شود ؟​

Here is the video I saw: The title of video is:

Is Iran entering SU-75 project with $10 billion dollars.

آیا ایران با ده میلیارد دلار وارد پروژه سوخو۷۵ می‌شود ؟​

I'm cautiously optimistic about it.
Would that Mapna engine (modified for military use) be suitable for this aircraft? I know it has the same as the 57 but in case they need backup engines in the future.
I heard that yak 130 can be a trainer for the 57 so it is definitely suitable to train for this one too.

A good day for Iranian aviation,:smitten:
YASIN Jest trainer (pre_production) revealed

Yasin #2 (pre-production) and the production line for this 100% Iranian Jet trainer inaugurated
View attachment 919724View attachment 919725View attachment 919726View attachment 919727View attachment 919728View attachment 919729View attachment 919730View attachment 919731View attachment 919732View attachment 919733View attachment 919734View attachment 919735

Photos below:
Iranian military chiefs inspecting the production components ,talking to test pilots and being briefed on production process. We now know that the Air force is committed to this aircraft
View attachment 919742View attachment 919745View attachment 919746View attachment 919752
A good day for Iranian aviation,:smitten:
YASIN Jest trainer (pre_production) revealed

Yasin #2 (pre-production) and the production line for this 100% Iranian Jet trainer inaugurated
View attachment 919724View attachment 919725View attachment 919726View attachment 919727View attachment 919728View attachment 919729View attachment 919730View attachment 919731View attachment 919732View attachment 919733View attachment 919734View attachment 919735

Photos below:
Iranian military chiefs inspecting the production components ,talking to test pilots and being briefed on production process. We now know that the Air force is committed to this aircraft
View attachment 919742View attachment 919745View attachment 919746View attachment 919752
8 months after first unveiling Yasin Jet Trainer Pre-production PP-01 takes flight...next step..show us the production line for the next three being built!!

Y-1.jpg
Y-2.jpg

Interesting to compare this aircraft with Turkish Trainer that did her first flight 7 months earlier on April 2023.
HurJet.jpg

Yasin flyes on all Iranian subsystems including two Iranian made Owj jet engines..Turkish Hurjet flyes on one American General Electric F404 engine. Status of other subsystems not known to me. If I get a chance I will do a spec review of both Aircraft later on

8 months after first unveiling Yasin Jet Trainer Pre-production PP-01 takes flight...next step..show us the production line for the next three being built!!
Good thread summarising the changes made to the original prototype version shown 8 months ago:

High quality video of yesterday's first test flight of the Yasin trainer jet:

Back
Top Bottom