What's new

International aids for twin earthquake in Kahramanmaraş/Turkiye | Common Thread

China sends 53 tonnes of tents to aid earthquake relief​

12 February ,2023: 02:57 PM GST

China shipped 53 tonnes of tents to aid earthquake-hit Turkey on Sunday, with more emergency aid planned in the near future, state broadcaster CCTV said.

The tents departed Shanghai and are scheduled to arrive in Istanbul later on Sunday, CCTV said.

Shipped on large cargo planes, according to video from CCTV, the tents would help aid in relief operations as rescues continue after earthquakes devastated Turkey and Syria and caused nearly 26,000 deaths.

The first batch of supplies from China’s government, 40,000 blankets, arrived in Istanbul on Saturday, according to CCTV. The country is planning to send medical equipment, including electrocardiogram machines, ultrasound diagnostic instrument, and medical vehicles and hospital beds in the near future, CCTV said.

A rescue team of 82 members dispatched by the Chinese government arrived in Turkey on Wednesday, CCTV reported.

Sheikh Temim, Emir of Qatar, arrived in Turkiye to offer condolences and to see the situation in the disaster area. Greek foreign minister Dendias is in Hatay now, with his counterpart. Many government leaders and foreign ministers will be in Turkiye in the coming days. We are grateful to every single person who shared our pain and prayed for us.

It was the prime minister of Pakistan who first announced his intention to do so, just hours after disaster. I believe that in the coming days there will be state officials from the brotherly nation of Pakistan who will visit the region.

Sheikh Temim, Emir of Qatar, arrived in Turkiye to offer condolences and to see the situation in the disaster area. Greek foreign minister Dendias is in Hatay now, with his counterpart. Many government leaders and foreign ministers will be in Turkiye in the coming days. We are grateful to every single person who shared our pain and prayed for us.

It was the prime minister of Pakistan who first announced his intention to do so, just hours after disaster. I believe that in the coming days there will be state officials from the brotherly nation of Pakistan who will visit the region.
Hey Bro

How are the relief efforts going on? It's just video after video on YT, about countries sending teams but nothing on what exactly is happening.

I hope Turkey has got, all the help it needs? Is there any confirmation from your Govt?

Hey Bro

How are the relief efforts going on? It's just video after video on YT, about countries sending teams but nothing on what exactly is happening.

I hope Turkey has got, all the help it needs? Is there any confirmation from your Govt?
I appreciate your good wishes and prayers, thank you very much.

About 10,000 buildings have been destroyed but there are many damaged buildings. As of now, the number of injured is over 80,000 and the number of citizens who lost their lives is approaching 25,000. Around 150,000 victims were evacuated from the region to different provinces. Debris removal activities are ongoing. There are still many search and rescue teams on the field and we continue to receive miracle news. It is one of the biggest disasters in history and the disaster area covers 11 provinces with about 15 million people. Therefore, there may be some disruptions. Of course, we are seriously addressing some of the problems we criticized, especially on the first day. At the moment, the disaster relief organization is working in a healthy way. Unfortunately, we are also struggling with disinformation on social media. Some foreign sources are carrying out disinformative activities aiming to create outrage, as if there is a conflict in the region or as if people have established their own ghettos in the cities, as if aid is not going to Kurds or Arabs. Such disinformative activities naturally fall more into your social media stream. I am really sorry to say this, but some people wished for the destruction of the state order and anarchy in the disaster area of the country, but this did not happen.

These people are one people. In the disaster zone, every elderly person is everyone's mother, every child is everyone's child. The climate is bleak but very different and emotional. It is freezing cold but people are picking up the rubble of other people that never met, with their bare hands. There is no religion, ethnicity, ideology, rich-poor here, we are just people. I can't explain it to you in words, and can't fully understand it through social media reports. Of course there are rotten apples, that cannot be denied. For example, there was looting in a few regions. Or there were some incidents in the disaster area that really need to be prosecuted, but this is not the whole picture.

The Turkish people are a strong nation and have a character that shows its strength in difficult times. We will heal our wounds, our sorrow is for the lives lost.

Last edited:
I appreciate your good wishes and prayers, thank you very much.

About 10,000 buildings have been destroyed but there are many damaged buildings. As of now, the number of injured is over 80,000 and the number of citizens who lost their lives is approaching 25,000. Around 150,000 victims were evacuated from the region to different provinces. Debris removal activities are ongoing. There are still many search and rescue teams on the ground and we continue to receive miracle news. It is one of the biggest disasters in history and the disaster area covers 11 provinces with about 15 million people. Therefore, there may be some disruptions. Of course, we are seriously addressing some of the problems we criticized, especially on the first day. At the moment, the disaster relief organization is working in a healthy way. Unfortunately, we are also struggling with disinformation on social media. Some foreign sources are carrying out disinformative activities aiming to create outrage, as if there is a conflict in the region or as if people have established their own ghettos in the cities, as if aid is not going to Kurds and Arabs. Such disinformative activities naturally fall more into your broadcast stream. I am really sorry to say this, but some people wished for the destruction of the state order and anarchy in the disaster area of the country, but this did not happen.

The Turkish people are a strong nation and have a character that shows its strength in difficult times. We will heal our wounds, our sorrow is for the lives lost.
Really sad to hear, that so many people lost their lives. May their souls reach heaven, and no one should endure such death.

You know what is heartening, like a ray of hope in darkness? So many countries rushing to help your nation brother, and it shows we humans can come together in times of distress.

I agree, it's hard to assess full damage in the early hours. I hope more are saved, and like you said it is a miracle indeed. Pray more of that happens, and people get what they need.

What you mentioned about misinformation, brother is the nasty side of technology I say. Anything has dual use, can be used for good or bad and be weaponized. You people should ignore this, stay strong and plough on. Am sure you will, as nation states more than often have this strong and unique character built in. More so when it's a ancient civilization, like yours are mine.

My best wishes, and prayers for anyone suffering. Stay strong brother.

Anonymous man in US walked into Turkish embassy and donated $30 million to quake victims, Pakistani PM says

From CNN’s Sahar Akbarzai

An anonymous man in the United States has donated $30 million to earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria, according to Pakistan’s Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif, who tweeted the news on Saturday.

“Deeply moved by the example of an anonymous Pakistani who walked into the Turkish embassy in the US and donated $30 million for earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria," the prime minister tweeted.

Taipei Feb. 12 (CNA) Taiwan's Formosa Satellite 5 (Formosat-5) has been providing satellite imagery to assist disaster relief work in Turkey following a deadly magnitude 7.8 earthquake in that country last Monday, with its latest orbital rotation scheduled for Feb. 13.

According to a Facebook post from Taiwan Space Agency (TASA) late Saturday, its data and information processing team consolidated images taken by Formosat-5 alongside pictures from other satellites and provided them to organizations such as Taiwan's National Science and Technology Center for Disaster Reduction.

5year old child’s description of surviving for 112 hours

039571B9-E134-4798-81FA-C24A146C323E.png

tk-feb11a.jpg

paf-feb11a.jpg

PIA Boeing 777 after arriving in Adana as special flight PK9705 from Islamabad.

Today, PIA Boeing 777-200ER aircraft registration AP-BMG completed Islamabad to Adana special flight PK9705 with relief goods from Pakistan for people affected by earthquake in Turkiye in 5 hours & 1 minute. The aircraft left Islamabad at 3:06 PM and arrived in Adana at 6:07 PM.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom