What's new

China demands an end to US sanctions against Syria following the deadly earthquakes

I am not against China.

1. I do not support blind China in all cases.

For example in the thread about uav india. I see a lot of Chinese and Pakistani members disparaging and insulting India. I supported India in that thread.

I don't like the west looking down on and insulting China, and similarly I don't like China making the same mistake, arrogantly looking down on and underestimating India or other countries in some cases.

Is some, not all. I don't mind if Chinese and Pakistani members denigrate India in threads about rape or democracy...because I don't think China and Pakistan are wrong in this situation.

2. I speak out about China's problem, not avoid it.

I have some negative comments about China in some thread.

For example, "Chinese people will kneel before foreigners" in the "Biden thread reiterates support for US 'One China' policy",

or "China imports men from abroad, Chinese universities require Chinese female students serving foreign men" in the thread "Mounting Problems for South Korea's Shipbuilding Industry , welders from Vietnam to ease the severe labor shortage?"

... and several other threads.

I am not anti-Chinese in all this situation. My goal is for more people to know about it and figure out how to change it, fight it, not ignore it or forget what happened.

For example, the case of black international students sexually abusing Chinese female students, or black international students infected with hiv.... it happens a lot in China today. But in the Chinese media, only talk about the slogan "China-Africa brotherhood".... These brainwashing propaganda is very dangerous for Chinese citizens.

Or like "Chinese university student married to Indian polygamous husband and became second wife". After reading that article, I hope all Chinese people know about it, and prevent similar things from happening again.

3. I do not support Vietnam.

I condemn Vietnam in many threads.

In the thread about 1000 Chinese workers entering Vietnam, there was a Vietnamese member who insulted China, I answered them that "every year 18,000 Vietnamese women go abroad to sell sex" to protest against the views of Surname.

Or in the thread on education, there was a Vietnamese member who declared Vietnam a math power, I objected to his point of view, because I don't think that a math superpower rely on olympic medals .

Or in the most recent thread, there was a Chinese member who supported the idea of bringing Vietnamese immigrants into China, and I opposed his point of view. I think that immigrants from Vietnam are not good for China.

The best option is a citizen from East Asia, whose genes and culture are similar to China.
--------------------------------------------------- -----

END.
Lately, I rarely talk about negative Chinese issues, or after I finish writing a comment, after a while, I will delete the comment.
Stop BS defense. We all know what you Vietnamese true intentions of shitting on China and Chinese all the time, we are not dumb. Many of you Vietnamese including those live in Vietnam,US and other Western countries together with many Indians are the most ardent China and Chinese haters on the PDF.

Agree with China here, this is no time for politics but everyone should send help to the effected countries, but i doubt it will be done cause USA will not compromise on its/Israel national interest, Its sad but truth.

Syrian Sanctions Regulations

Article 4. AUTHORIZED OR EXEMPT TRANSACTIONS EXEMPT TRANSACTIONS

Certain types of activities and transactions may be exempt from the prohibitions of the SSR and the Executive orders. For example, nothing in sections 1 and 2 of E.O. 13582 prohibits transactions for the conduct of the official business of the Federal Government by employees, grantees, or contractors thereof.

GENERAL LICENSES

Certain types of activities and transactions which would otherwise be prohibited with respect to Syria have been authorized by general licenses, subject to certain conditions and limitations. Those licensed activities and transactions include:

• The exportation and reexportation of items to Syria from the United States. or by U.S. persons to any person, including the Government of Syria, whose property or interests in property are blocked, provided that the Department of Commerce has licensed or otherwise authorized the export of those items;

• Noncommercial, personal remittances to or from Syria or on behalf of individuals ordinarily resident in Syria, as long as the transfer is not by, to, or through the Government of Syria or any other person whose property and interests in property are blocked;

• Transactions related to U.S. persons residing in Syria;

• The export and reexport of services in support of humanitarian and other not-for-profit activities in Syria by U.S. and third-country non-governmental organizations; and

• Certain transactions related to intellectual property protection.

But, even under sanctions, governments are able to provide humanitarian assistance to Syria.

Some people simply politicize them to score public diplomacy points. Sanctions are bad for the Syrian people and wrong. But, using Syrian people's plight for selfish interests as propaganda points is equally wrong.

Not only would authorization and exemptions slow down the aid process, but according to regulations, Syria government would not be able to convert donations into relief goods as exemptions for humanitarian activities only applies to “US and other nongovernmental organizations “.

Do you know why now, I often delete comments.

Because I'm not trying to convince others.

In fact, my comment is written for myself, because I fear that one day, I will be like everyone else, accepting everything that is happening. :rofl:

Right now I don't comment very much and I probably won't come back to this forum in the future.

I remember you and I used to have the same opinion on many issues such as against immigrants, refugees, or An LuShan, but now, you have a lot of prejudices against me.

That does not matter.

What I mean is, "Blindly supporting China in any case is more dangerous than being anti-China".

You need to be calm and alert, do not jump to hasty conclusions.
People will have change of opinions if you step out boundaries too far and too often.

There is different between not doing business and illegally imposing sanction on the nation to bankrupt them to death just because you don't like person in-charge given your lack of concern for civilians being starved to death is concerning alright and quite frankly, it is very disturbing given it is none of your business in the first place is now starving them to death on the top of the recent earthquake.

The Syrian people are in my thoughts and prayers 24/7, so I do have great concern about them. Those who think that the butcher Assad is suitable as the person in charge should step up to help them first. That is only fair. China, Russia and Iran have plenty of food and money to send to Syria. Please go right ahead!

The Syrian people are in my thoughts and prayers 24/7, so I do have great concern about them. Those who think that the butcher Assad is suitable as the person in charge should step up to help them first. That is only fair. China, Russia and Iran have plenty of food and money to send to Syria. Please go right ahead!

You just confirmed that human suffering is never a concern, only political and ideological dogmatism is, while paying lip service to the so call human rights when human lives are actually at stake.

微信图片_20230212221823.png

微信图片_20230212222249.png

微信图片_20230212222144.png

midvcp0dllga1.jpg

Idlib and northern Aleppo were largely destroyed.
Some speculated that USA's HAARP targeted Idlib to provide them with an excuse to send NATO in.

If true, they will ask for your cooperation. Undoubtedly

US hypocritical in maintaining Syria sanctions: China Daily editorial

chinadaily.com.cn | Updated: 2023-02-12 18:09

63e8bc3ba31057c4b4b4f52b.jpeg
People stand on rubble as the search for survivors continues, in the aftermath of an earthquake, in Aleppo, Syria, Feb 9, 2023. [Photo/Agencies]

"We are providing humanitarian assistance to help Syrian earthquake victims. We are their leading humanitarian donor since the start of the war — the US has provided more than $15 billion to the Syrian people in Syria and the region. These funds go to the Syrian people, not the regime." This is what US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said on Twitter on Thursday. But he failed to say how the sanctions the US has imposed against Syria for decades have contributed to the misery of the nation.

It is the US sanctions that have made it extremely hard for Syrian people to conduct rescue work without the necessary tools after the earthquake.

It is the civil war, which Washington instigated and in which it has supported opposition forces in their attempt to overthrow the Syrian government, that has caused years of misery and suffering for the Syrian people. It is estimated that about half a million civilians have been killed since the war began in 2011.

It is under the pressure of the international community that Washington announced on Thursday a 180-day exemption to its sanctions against Syria. The exemption is said to be only related to sanctions concerning earthquake relief efforts.

What makes the rescue efforts extremely difficult is the fact that the war has already ravaged Syria's northwest region where the earthquake took place. The exemption will do nothing to change the increasingly worse situation there.

When US Deputy Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo said: "I want to make very clear that US sanctions on Syria will not stand in the way of life-saving efforts for the Syrian people," he was trying to whitewash the misery the US' sanctions have caused the Syrian people and the role the US has played in the war with the aim of overthrowing the regime of President Bashar Assad.

The US has imposed sanctions against the Middle East country for more than four decades since December 1979 after it designated the country a "State Sponsor of Terrorism". Since then it has repeatedly imposed additional measures. Politicians in Washington have turned a blind eye to what the sanctions have done to the life of Syrian people, and they have placed what Washington hopes to achieve in its geopolitical games before the well-being of local residents.

Human rights are constantly used by Washington as a pretext for whatever it does. But the irony is that consideration for human rights must be subject to Washington's geopolitical strategy. What is even more ridiculous is the fact that US military actions or its interference in other country's internal affairs including economic sanctions often lead to human rights disasters, as is the case in Syria.

It is typically hypocritical and shameful for Washington not to lift its sanctions on Syria while claiming that it is the major provider of humanitarian aid.

Sanctioning an earthquake hit country is crime against humanity.

I agree and I hope China takes the lead on this and gets involved

Syria is in a very strategic location and would benefit China too much if it can get into Syria

giving it a base right on the Mediterranean and also helping rebuild the nation which is basically in rubble right now

also they are right next to Suez and Israel

huge chance to get influence over entire region

just because Western nations ignore someone wouldn't mean China should also

however I think the Russian presence maybe is putting China off

otherwise it would be a great slap in face of Western nations if China moved into Syria

China sends emergency items to Syria, asks Chinese rescue teams to stand down​

February 13, 2023

• Says rescue teams need to cancel or suspend their trips to not increase the burden on hard-hit areas, and avoid risks due to inclement weather
  • Israel on Monday pulled out its rescue and relief contingent on Sunday, citing security concerns

BEIJING: China sent the second batch of supplies to earthquake-hit areas of Syria and has asked Chinese rescue teams that have not left for disaster zones in Turkiye and Syria to cancel trips in order to ease the burden on rescue operations.

The China Association for Disaster Prevention called on Saturday for Chinese rescue teams to cancel or suspend their trips to not increase the burden on hard-hit areas, and avoid risks due to inclement weather.

Cotton tents, family kits, jackets and other daily necessities, as well as medical supplies, were being provided to Syria by the Red Cross Society of China, CCTV reported on Monday.

China has already committed financial aid to Turkiye and Syria, and has sent a number of rescue teams from several parts of the country, including 82 members dispatched by the Chinese government, as the death toll tops 33,000.

China’s 53 tons of tents to aid Turkiye have arrived in Istanbul, CCTV said on late Sunday. China has said more emergency aid is planned in the near future.
Shipped on large cargo planes, according to video from CCTV, the tents will help aid in relief operations as rescues continue.

The first batch of supplies from China’s government, 40,000 blankets, arrived in Istanbul on Saturday, according to CCTV. The country is planning to send more medical equipment, including electrocardiogram machines, ultrasound diagnostic instrument, and medical vehicles and hospital beds, CCTV said.

Says rescue teams need to cancel or suspend their trips to not increase the burden on hard-hit areas, and avoid risks due to inclement weather

If you are starving them to death, then you don't care about them. Rather you care about ego instead.

Sanctions against Syria are a series of economic sanctions and restrictions imposed by the European Union, the United States, Canada, Australia, Switzerland, the Arab League, as well as other countries, mainly as a result of the repression of civilians in the Syrian civil war from 2011 onwards. The intent is to prevent the Syrian government from utilizing violence against its citizens and to motivate political reforms that could solve the root causes of the conflict.[1]

Sanctions against Syria are a series of economic sanctions and restrictions imposed by the European Union, the United States, Canada, Australia, Switzerland, the Arab League, as well as other countries, mainly as a result of the repression of civilians in the Syrian civil war from 2011 onwards. The intent is to prevent the Syrian government from utilizing violence against its citizens and to motivate political reforms that could solve the root causes of the conflict.[1]

Oppression? Syria, Libya, Iraq all used to be the wealthiest and most stable countries in the middle east, and US came, bringing hell to those nations, now they are among the world poorest, this is your so called "oppression".

Syria, "oppression" and "after oppression".
before-after-war-photos-aleppo-syria-fb1.jpg

main-qimg-7c67fd1d82a89dabe30a1a32129cc5db-pjlq.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom