What's new

International aids for twin earthquake in Kahramanmaraş/Turkiye | Common Thread

This is amazing, how the world has come together to rescue people, Turkiye/Greece , Pakistan/India , China/Taiwan etc but why we have to wait for a disaster to come together to sit and sort everything out ? After Covid, now this and we see everyone come together, I wish for a world where we don't need to wait for a calamity to bring people together.

Chinese rescue team donates supplies after completing mission in Türkiye​

contribution from members of muslim ommunity in Bosnia after Jumma prayer last Friday in amount of 2.5 mil EUR, it will probably go via Diyanet.
Help efforts will be continued, we expect feedback from turkish authorities how can we contribute most efficiently and within our capabilities to the people of Syria and Turkyie, in that sense our people and state is on disposal.

There is a great need for specialized disaster relief personnel who speak Arabic, especially in northern Syria. Inshallah Egyptian state will continue to extend its helping hand to the oppressed people there. We also welcome volunteers from Egypt. The border crossings are finally open for UN aid. For more than 2 years international aid and UN missions through these border crossings had been closed. The aids and teams from all over the world can now quickly cross to Idlib and Aleppo districts.

China aid delivery to Türkiye reaches 600 tons: Turkish ambassador​

22,000 more tents being prepared to be sent to quakes-hit zone in a week, says Abdulkadir Emin Onen​

Emre Aytekin |17.02.2023

thumbs_b_c_70f57062e393a5bd5bcea3d5310920fb.jpg

BEIJING

Türkiye's ambassador to Beijing said Friday that 600 tons of aid materials have been sent from China following last week's deadly earthquakes in southern Türkiye.

Participating in a welcoming ceremony in the capital Beijing for the returning Chinese search and rescue teams, Abdulkadir Emin Onen said that among the materials delivered to Türkiye were 10,000 tents, 112,000 blankets, and sleeping bags as well as nearly 1,000 generators, heaters, and first aid materials.

Onen said that 22,000 more tents are being prepared to be sent to the disaster zone in a week.

At least 38,044 people were killed by the two strong earthquakes that jolted southern Türkiye on Feb. 6, the country's disaster agency said early Friday.

The magnitude 7.7 and 7.6 quakes were centered in Kahramanmaras and struck 10 other provinces – Adana, Adiyaman, Diyarbakir, Hatay, Gaziantep, Malatya, Kilis, Osmaniye, Elazig and Sanliurfa. More than 13 million people have been affected by the devastating quakes.

Several countries in the region, including Syria and Lebanon, also felt the strong tremors that struck Türkiye in the space of less than 10 hours.

There is a great need for specialized disaster relief personnel who speak Arabic, especially in northern Syria. Inshallah Egyptian state will continue to extend its helping hand to the oppressed people there. We also welcome volunteers from Egypt. The border crossings are finally open for UN aid. For more than 2 years international aid and UN missions through these border crossings had been closed. The aids and teams from all over the world can now quickly cross to Idlib and Aleppo districts.
Pakistan media reports Pakistan sent relief materials to Turkey that Pakistan had got from Turkey as aid in flood relief few months back.

Pakistan media reports Pakistan sent relief materials to Turkey that Pakistan had got from Turkey as aid in flood relief few months back.

What's wrong with that? It is not reprehensible that the local and administrative authorities are diverting surplus disaster relief material to TR, on the contrary, it is commendable that they have not wasted it. The material that is allegedly being sent is already produced for multiple use, such as tents and mats. This type of posts gives the impression that our Indian friends here are using this earthquake aid as a propaganda tool rather than a humanitarian sentiment.

Last edited:
thouching....departing NDRF team is applauded at the airport in Tukey by the staff. Unsurprisingly the dog sqaud gets some special affection :)

This is amazing, how the world has come together to rescue people, Turkiye/Greece , Pakistan/India , China/Taiwan etc but why we have to wait for a disaster to come together to sit and sort everything out ? After Covid, now this and we see everyone come together, I wish for a world where we don't need to wait for a calamity to bring people together.
Well we humans are capable greatest horrors and greatest acts of kindness and magnanimity at same time.

Maybe some kind of deeper thing in all of us, that we huddle together for such events. It's good to see this happen though right? Sadly the kind of world you say, can't ever happen given so many varied interests.

What's wrong with that? It is not reprehensible that the local and administrative authorities are diverting surplus disaster relief material to TR, on the contrary, it is commendable that they have not wasted it. The material that is allegedly being sent is already produced for multiple use, such as tents and mats. This type of posts gives the impression that our Indian friends here are using this earthquake aid as a propaganda tool rather than a humanitarian sentiment.

What's wrong with it?
First of all, it suggests the flood aid sent by Turkey didn't reach the milions of akistani flood victims they are meant for and lying unused in stores.

Secondly this is n't sentiment of Indian friends but a promient pakistani journalist Shahid Masood who knows better and ruing over the fact on live tv that the Turkey's flood relief materials are sent back to Turkey.

Do u understand urdu, I guess not. Below is Shahid Masood talking about the whole fiasco.

Well we humans are capable greatest horrors and greatest acts of kindness and magnanimity at same time.

Maybe some kind of deeper thing in all of us, that we huddle together for such events. It's good to see this happen though right? Sadly the kind of world you say, can't ever happen given so many varied interests.
One day mate, Inshallah.

What's wrong with it?
First of all, it suggests the flood aid sent by Turkey didn't reach the milions of akistani flood victims they are meant for and lying unused in stores.

Secondly this is n't sentiment of Indian friends but a promient pakistani journalist Shahid Masood who knows better and ruing over the fact on live tv that the Turkey's flood relief materials are sent back to Turkey.

Do u understand urdu, I guess not. Below is Shahid Masood talking about the whole fiasco.
-but, but, they're sending you used equipment.
-I don't care!

-but, but there is corruption in Pakistan.
-I don't care!

I do not speak Urdu, nor am I in a position to comment on these allegations. This thread is dedicated to the solidarity and disaster relief services offered to TR by friendly states. Despite this, Let me summarize the dialog between us:

1. You are bringing an allegation to this thread that Pakistan is sending used materials to Turkiye.

2. Then, when you don't get any interaction, you post another msg 15-20 hours later in the same way. This time you give backlinks to opeds/news of Indian media outlets.

3. When someone tells you that you shouldn't do this, this time you take it out of the context of Turkiye, and start explaining that it is about corruption in Pakistan or in some administration layers.

What do you expect me to say, should I criticize corruption in Pakistan or why they are sending used tents to Turkiye? Because I don't understand where this discussion is going. I don't really have time for that anyway, my answer above remains valid. But I will give you another example so that it sits well in your mind:

FpWUbv5WIAUA8X3

This photo is from one of the many campaigns organized by Bosnia. Relief supplies from Bosnia, take a good look at the parcel in the back. It is an aid material sent to Bosnia I don't know how many years ago. As you can see from the text underneath, it is an aid parcel distributed by the Turkish Armed Forces during Ramadan many years ago. The person who received it kept it for years and now sends it to TR. We are not a rich state, but we have tried to go as much as we can to everyone who asks for help. Today, we don't expect anything extraordinary from anyone, we just hope that they give feel that they are with us. This is the only wealth we are interested in.

Last edited:

Teşekkürler! KKTC
Teşekkür edirem, Can Azerbaycan
Thank you, ABD
Danke Schön, Almanya
Gracias, Arjantin
Faleminderit, Arnavutluk
Thank you, Avustralya
Danke Schön, Avusturya
Bahreyn, شكراً
Dhonnobad, Bengladeş
Дзякуй! Belarus