What's new

Indira Gandhi planned a mass invasion of Pakistan | CIA Records

If iron lady Mrs. Indira Gandhi was allowed to work freely by BJP (janata party) she must have liberated Baluchistan and p0k. Then we don't have to worry about chinese or gwadar port etc.

Indira Gandhi was strong and brave, not ruthless.

with out Indra India will not be selfsufficent in Atomic, Missiles, Green revolution, Space research & even in IT field

So was Lenin and Stalin and so was Soviet union self sufficent in missles and aerospace. That did not protect Soviet Union from balkanization.

I just wonder what is ur problem with kashmir then as that too is an internal matter of India

THe same pain you had about east pakistan. Massive abuses of Human rights and repression of sovergien identity.

with out Indra India will not be selfsufficent in Atomic, Missiles, Green revolution, Space research & even in IT field

Exactly my thought too...... Some times people think and talk about only about war in the country.... What u mentioned is more important for us and I reckon we choose wise..

Factually incorrect. Nuclear, the origin of the Green revolution etc predated her & the missile program & IT were primarily in the government of Rajiv Gandhi though the IT revolution was largely a private companies led affair starting with Texas instruments opening an office in Bangalore.

Indira Gandhi had only one major success & that was the 1971 war. She came perilously close to damaging the Indian constitution, its judiciary & its democracy by her autocratic actions. Her economic policies, now thankfully jettisoned only served to keep India as a third world state. Her policies in Punjab caused the largest fissure in the Indian state & thousand of lives were lost to her short sightedness. Her Kashmir policy which was continued by her son in the now infamous 1987 elections are why we see the state in a flux even today. Both of these states fell victim to her political maneuvering & a heavy price was & is being paid. Her patronising of the LTTE was disastrous and eventually ended with the taking of her son's life among countless others.

Passage of time & a lack of inclination in the present generation to read & understand history is primarily the reason for this glorification of Indira Gandhi. While she certainly had her pluses, she also had a truckload of minuses that should not be overlooked.

So was Lenin and Stalin and so was Soviet union self sufficent in missles and aerospace. That did not protect Soviet Union from balkanization.

You are a kid, ain't you ??? Because otherwise you must have been be aware about the reasons for Soviet balkanization which had more to do with it's adversary's influence and policies and as far as I can see neither Pak nor China could do that thing to India.

You are a kid, ain't you ??? Because otherwise you must have been be aware about the reasons for Soviet balkanization which had more to do with it's adversary's influence and policies and as far as I can see neither Pak nor China could do that thing to India.

You reckon the chinese are growing in influence by leaps and bound?? I travel across the middle east for work and I see chinese engaged in projects everywhere from oil and gas to copper and steel. Chinese have sacked the largest mine contracts in Afghanistan. A couple of years ago chinese presence in middle east would have been a joke but now its a reality. And as the chinese foothold grows in middle east it will be at behest of Indian one shriking. A simple example i could give is TATA losing a negotiated deal to Chinese competitor King Long for providing buses to Hajj transportation company. The chinese are even building a software and outsourcing city termed "mini banglore" complete with all facilities in contrast of Indian culture to woo Indian software talent. There are benefits to work with Chinese. Their labour does not dessert as illegal aliens the moment they set their foot on forigen land.

In next five years the silent Chinese economic war against india will begin to bear fruits. There are evening classes coming up in upscale neighbourhoods of Jeddah offering Mandarian language skills. What on earth is a day when arabs are signing up to learn Mandarian??? India is still struggling to honk its smaller neighbours like Bangladesh and Sri Lanka into its sphere of influence yet they self align themselves towards Beijing automatically like a magenetic compasses aligns to north.

Can chinese bear the blank cheque cost of fighting a cold war against India?? Only time will tell as the Indians aint sleeping hare either and will have plenty of tricks under the sleeve.

Hehe Tell us what we don't already know.This is the reason Pakistan Armed Forces developed at an unprecedented rate after 71 and we also built one of the largest intelligence agency (ISI) in the region.Now all Indians can do is bark :).Not to mention our nuclear weapons which continue to wet Indian Dhothis.We have won the war without firing a single bullet.Look how afraid Indians are always of ISI and Pakistan Army.

Last edited:
This women Ghandi had real balls.

She annexed East Pakistan in 12 days capturing 100,000 Pakistani Soldiers.

She took on the Sikhs Sant Bhindrawala Which ultimately cost her life.

She didn,t cow down to Kissenger and the Americans.

She would have eaten Musharaff for Breakfast.

SHE REALLY WAS AN IRON LADY

" Could you imagine Todays powerful India " with a leader like Indra Ghandi. rather than mild mannered Dr Mohan Singh

This women Ghandi had real balls.

She annexed East Pakistan in 12 days capturing 100,000 Pakistani Soldiers.

She took on the Sikhs Sant Bhindrawala Which ultimately cost her life.

She didn,t cow down to Kissenger and the Americans.

She would have eaten Musharaff for Breakfast.

SHE REALLY WAS AN IRON LADY

" Could you imagine Todays powerful India " with a leader like Indra Ghandi. rather than mild mannered Dr Mohan Singh

I laud her for all those above except the bolded one.

Even someone from 8th century knows when an enemy has taken refugee in structure and made it his stronghold,he best thing to do is wait for the resources to run out,and later capture it.

Looks like Gandhi was wet dreaming when she was planning a full scale invasion of Pakistan! Too bad she got assassinated!

Looks like Gandhi was wet dreaming when she was planning a full scale invasion of Pakistan! Too bad she got assassinated!

she was half successful.if she would have been today then ur statement could become true very earlier

Indira Gandhi was the most furious, best, bold, and sharp minded PM of India. Yes of course something wrong happened in 1984 and I condemn it but still thanks to her that terrorism backed by Pakistan was totaly crushed.
She simply new that Pakistan will always be our rivalry and will always stand to confront us at every mile. Her plans were good and I support them but she couldn't safegaurd them from some moles in our society.

Personaly I feel that what Morarji Desai did was really un-acceptable. The order he gave to terminate all espionage operations against Pakistan's Nuclear Program was the major hit back for us and our armed forced. Which led to fall in our networks and success in Pakistan.
We could have stopped them long before.

^^^^don't be jealous she just did tit for tat
your Bhutto tore a piece of paper in UNSC we tore you!!!

Back
Top Bottom