What's new

India's "great afghan hope" quietly fading away

So ISI helps Afghan Talis, and the NDS helps TTP tit for tat. ( We kill each other for eternity ) nobody wins.

We both listen to each other's concerns and invest in projects like TAPI that benefit the region, everyone wins

The 2nd scenario needs to common sense and also courage. Is common sense and courage lacking in our region ???

BTW :
I see you live in Sweden so you have seen the world, with all the bravado that you see in PDF and in our region,
Do you know how europeans and the outside world see our region? We are just a bunch of backward, dark skinned, poor and dirty asians who are killing each other for decades now :P In other words we think we are important but basically we are not that important if you know what I mean ;)

Allah de maal sha peera :)

Pakhair

There are two slightly different issues here.
We have the Afghan-Pakistan relations it's historic baggages and how individual Afghans and Pakistanis like each other or not.
And then there is the foreign element.
That is Indian and Western bases in Afghanistan, there activities and influences and it's reaction.

So to make it simple yes I prefer your scenario two, I am sure any sane person will do. But that has to be without foreign meddling.
Pakistan could and should have excellent relations with Afghanistan. But Pakistan can never have India establish bases in Afghanistan or let India use Afghanistan for anti-Pakistan activities.

Well as far the western perceptions goes............It depends on who you talk to..............The average person (working class people) has got a short memory span and is only interested in what they see on the tele............the obvious hot topics these days is immigration and Syria.
For the more learned classes again they are mostly interested in what will take their country forward and the risks and challenges over the medium terms. So more focus is on Russia, China and US.
So you are right Central/South Asia is not that important to an average European these days. Most of there troops have withdrawn (therefore they have lost interest in this region) and I don't see them returning any time soon.

Manana

Pakistan has successfully managed to slaughter the Afghan goat, now it's the turn of the Indian cow (again).

Have you seen how India's democratically elected Hindu Extremist Government has been going around the world recently, begging everyone to save India from Pakistan.

Pakistan has successfully managed to slaughter the Afghan goat, now it's the turn of the Indian cow (again).

Have you seen how India's democratically elected Hindu Extremist Government has been going around the world recently, begging everyone to save India from Pakistan.

Folks likes you will definitely make Pakistan a safer place with that rhetoric!

No.

You should lay off the charas for a while.

That was because of Western boots on the ground. You were able to create mischief, sponsor your favorite terrorist and then hide behind NATO's skirt
Now that umbrella is disappearing fast.................you will see that the Afghan landscape is a lot harsher than what you came to expect.
As I said already the only two options left for India is to either bring it's own forces to Afghanistan or see it's investment in terror outfits go up in smoke.
That is what you wanna believe....are you saying that we were anticipating that NATO will remain there forever?? Put some logic in your arguments....this kind of kiddish arguments may look fine on PDF however this is not how strategists think, no??

That is what you wanna believe....are you saying that we were anticipating that NATO will remain there forever?? Put some logic in your arguments....this kind of kiddish arguments may look fine on PDF however this is not how strategists think, no??

Doesn't matter what I believe or not. What matters is what's there in black and white along with colour photographs.

One can help those that are short-sighted but there's no treatment for the willfully blind.

Ashraf Ghani is taking a measured approach towards Pakistan and is mindful of Pakistani concerns which is a sound approach ( Sending military students to Pakistan is another example of such approach and the NDS-ISI agreement was another step in that direction ) and that is what I am trying to bring across here, bravado aside Pakistan will hurt us more than we can hurt her and it makes sense to understand that Indian-Pakistan relationship is way more complex than some of the folks in Kabul will have you believe.

Brother A-Team Pakistan will never change its stance on India, unless the conflict of Kashmir is resolved first and your Government should accept our position. Henceforth, under no circumstances shall we allow Indian goods to travel through Pakistan into Afghanistan, because the vast majority of citizens from our country will refuse this action. Develop a good relationship with Islamabad and send your military students to our academies to build trust and return the ongoing conflict in your country will cease. Pakistan and Afghanistan are both Muslim countries we can become an economic powerhouse together due to our mineral resources and I am sure CPEC can be directed towards your country, however stop provoking us by dancing to the tune of the Indians. Afghanistan should consider its relationship with Pakistan first, since we are your immediate neighbor.

Doesn't matter what I believe or not. What matters is what's there in black and white along with colour photographs.

One can help those that are short-sighted but there's no treatment for the willfully blind.
exactly...if one believes that they can run a country down like back of their hand then no one can help...

Modi To Inaugurate India's Gift of Parliament Building

India's symbolic gift of democracy to Afghanistan - its new parliament building - is almost complete and plans are being made for Prime Minister Narendra Modi to visit Kabul in the near future for the official inauguration.

Indian media reports that the prime minister's office has put pressure on all stakeholders to now finish the project and sources said that Modi is eager to attend the inauguration ceremony.

The project, which was initiated by the Indian government in 2007 as a mark of friendship and cooperation to help rebuild war-torn Afghanistan, is finally nearing completion and set to meet its December 31 deadline.

The new parliament building was however due to have been completed in November 2011 but has missed at least three deadlines over the last four years.

In the latest review conducted by India's Secretary of Urban Development Madhusudan Prasad and the Central Public Works Department (CPWD) it was found that 96 percent of the work has been completed and the project team is putting the final touches to the building.

India's media reports that the CPWD team is moving with utmost urgency to wrap up the building project.

In October, Modi expressed concerns over the delay in the construction of the building and had directed its Foreign Affairs Ministry and CPWD to expedite work to avoid further costs.

The project had been conceived as a Rs 300 crore (about $45 million USD) venture but is now likely to cost the exchequer Rs 710 crore.

The parliament building, which has elements of Mughal and modern architecture, will have Asia's largest dome as its key feature.

It is situated between decades-old historic landmarks King's Palace 'Darulaman' and the Queen's Palace - which bear the marks of the war and tell the story of conflict and devastation.

The building will house the Wolesi Jirga (Lower House) with a seating capacity of 294, a 190-seat Meshrano Jirga (Upper House), entrance lobby, offices, conference rooms, dining halls and press room among others.

The key reason behind the project was Delhi's willingness to emphasise its position in the region as the main development partner of Afghanistan.

When he inaugurates the parliament building, Modi wants to emphasise India's role as a major player in the region, media reports stated.

Modi To Inaugurate India's Gift Of New Parliament Building

Look people in the region understand that long skirt wearers can not be trusted to put boots on the ground.

Long skirts managed to beat you in 4 wars and saw your country in half. I guess time to die of shame!!!
:cheers::pakistan::D:blah:

Long skirts managed to beat you in 4 wars and saw your country in half. I guess time to die of shame!!!
:cheers::pakistan::D:blah:

Beaten us in four wars when did that happen?

You lost in 48 as you lost territory and had to run to the UN to be rescued.

65 was a draw as neither side managed to affect changes on the ground.

71 was a civil war where Pakistan lost Bangladesh, Indian contribution was only as an opportunistic coward.

Fourth one, I don't know there was a fourth war.

But anyways the topic here is Afghanistan and how much Pakistan is shattering your dreams there.

Want to discuss Indo-Pak wars.............. make a separate thread in another section. This is not the place for it.

Beaten us in four wars when did that happen?

You lost in 48 as you lost territory and had to run to the UN to be rescued.

65 was a draw as neither side managed to affect changes on the ground.

71 was a civil war where Pakistan lost Bangladesh, Indian contribution was only as an opportunistic coward.

Fourth one, I don't know there was a fourth war.

But anyways the topic here is Afghanistan and how much Pakistan is shattering your dreams there.

Want to discuss Indo-Pak wars.............. make a separate thread in another section. This is not the place for it.

1948, '65 and Kargil. The aim was Kashmir, which didn't happen. The rest of the world calls that a loss. Don't know what they call it in your delusional world.

As for '71.....:D

1948, '65 and Kargil. The aim was Kashmir, which didn't happen. The rest of the world calls that a loss. Don't know what they call it in your delusional world.

As for '71.....:D

Since you have comprehension issues and are adamant that we discuss indo-Pak wars here then, let's do it. Starting from 1948

So Tell me how come you claim that Pakistan is holding parts of Kashmir, when did that happen and how?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom