What's new

India's "great afghan hope" quietly fading away

:smokin: Don't worry you can never have relief from Indian Ghost ,
You always see India playing in Afganistan and poor pakistani are watching helplessly sitting at the fences.
After all
India to Build Cricket Stadium in Kandahar :chilli:

You are right actually we have killed Indian-terrorist-beast in Afghanistan.
The only thing left is the useless Indian ghost roaming the valleys of Afghanistan.

As a remainder to all..............don't miss with Pakistani interests or your result will be the same.

You are right actually we have killed Indian-terrorist-beast in Afghanistan.
The only thing left is the useless Indian ghost roaming the valleys of Afghanistan.

As a remainder to all..............don't miss with Pakistani interests or your result will be the same.
As I stated at my very first Message to you ,
KEEP WAITING FOR THAT DAY WHICH WILL NEVER CAME IN YOUR LIFE.

As I stated at my very first Message to you ,
KEEP WAITING FOR THAT DAY WHICH WILL NEVER CAME IN YOUR LIFE.
I don't need to wait for anything.
As you said yourself the only thing you have got left in Afghanistan is a ghost and a cricket stadium.

Obviously you don't have the balls for a real engagement and are not going to send your troops

I don't need to wait for anything.
As you said yourself the only thing you have got left in Afghanistan is a ghost and a cricket stadium.

Obviously you don't have the balls for a real engagement and are not going to send your troops
India is going to start building this stadium not already build, so you can now judge Indian Plans are Still very long here.

India is going to start building this stadium not already build, so you can now judge Indian Plans are Still very long here.

I see, as long as that stadiums pitch.

Send your troops to Afghanistan in numbers and we can talk about India and its future in Afghanistan. Otherwise you are only wasting my time and everyone else reading this.

You can not bring back your ghost to life, nor can you have a repeat of the last 14+ years........................... either put your boots on the ground and have a say or........................ shut up, put your tail between your legs and run as fast as you can

I see, as long as that stadiums pitch.

Send your troops to Afghanistan in numbers and we can talk about India and its future in Afghanistan. Otherwise you are only wasting my time and everyone else reading this.

You can not bring back your ghost to life, nor can you have a repeat of the last 14+ years........................... either put your boots on the ground and have a say or........................ shut up, put your tail between your legs and run as fast as you can
Both are not happening...without boots on ground our security agencies(as per you guys) has created lot of trouble for you...right?? Our idea it to have a say without boots on ground...only time will tell we will succeed or fail....in the meantime we are engaging more rigorously with our Afghan friends...

Both are not happening...without boots on ground our security agencies(as per you guys) has created lot of trouble for you...right?? Our idea it to have a say without boots on ground...only time will tell we will succeed or fail....in the meantime we are engaging more rigorously with our Afghan friends...
That was because of Western boots on the ground. You were able to create mischief, sponsor your favorite terrorist and then hide behind NATO's skirt
Now that umbrella is disappearing fast.................you will see that the Afghan landscape is a lot harsher than what you came to expect.
As I said already the only two options left for India is to either bring it's own forces to Afghanistan or see it's investment in terror outfits go up in smoke.

What is India going to do now, when Uncle Sam has decided to leave. Tell me how many battalions is India getting ready to move to Afghanistan?
Or is it India too scared to do anything and will let it's prized assets go up in smoke

Your entire premise is flawed. you are assuming that (if and when) NATO exits Afghanistan, Pakistan-backed Taliban will overrun the government in Kabul and PAkistan will get to do as it pleases. There is nothing on the ground to make your theory even remotely plausible. It is yet another example of deluded wishful thinking that assumes regional/military parity is ever possible between India and Pakistan. That was never there and will never happen. Period.

I am not talking about taking permission as such I am talking about being sensitive to some of Pakistani concerns.
That is the reason that Ashraf Ghani suspended the shipment of weapons from India.

Afghans living in Pakistan work hard to earn a living, its not a free lunch over there, so get your facts straight.
It is the Pakistani government problem for not being able to tax them properly. Do you think Afghans will have a problem with paying taxes not they dont, if paying taxes giving them a proper residence permit and then a nationality.
How did you get your British passport?? You lived there, paid your taxes and got the passport.
Einstein, Ashraf Ghani was pissed at Indians for their lack of robustness foremost, and the suspension of the request did come at the time of the rapprochement with Pakistan. I am not saying it was coincidental however. It was disappointing that the Indians could not deliver (when it was well within their means) on the request because they were giving it a consideration from the vantage point of view of their own relation with Pakistan. The point is, Ghani and including many Afghans were feeling that India was only too comfortable that the relationship (Afghan and Indian) was simply driven on India's behest. Afghans have every right to have been questioning that simply by the measure of that request for military assistance which was put forward to India years ago during Karzai's time. It was critical for Afghanistan. The relationship is more principled and on even footing and anchored on commonly acknowledged strategic interests which we Afghans feel comfortable with now. Obviously from an Afghan point of view president Ghani deserves the credit which things should have been ironed out with India during Karzai's time. You saw the choppers now being delivered and it was due to Ghani that the Indians were proded to come forward cinfident and bold.

Ghani had made it clear on his first visit after the speculation following his flirtation with Pakistan that countries do not over night change strategic friends and there was no shift away from our relationship with India. It is sounder now than it was.

India should be really punching to its own weight where it behaves like lesser than half of what it is.

Last edited:
Your entire premise is flawed. you are assuming that (if and when) NATO exits Afghanistan, Pakistan-backed Taliban will overrun the government in Kabul and PAkistan will get to do as it pleases. There is nothing on the ground to make your theory even remotely plausible. It is yet another example of deluded wishful thinking that assumes regional/military parity is ever possible between India and Pakistan. That was never there and will never happen. Period.
Don't wast time in teaching him, This guy is Unstable I tried patiently to make him understand everything but at last he asks "Who was Ram ?"

The topic here is Afghanistan and what you were able to do there.
You do understand the difference 150,000 troops and 15,000 troops. I know it's a single zero but on the ground it makes a big difference.
You were able to run your agents through NDS and did manage to create mayhem in Pakistan during the last 14+ years, especially in the years from 2008-12. That period is gone. So is the Indian ability to maneuver.
In the past couple of years and especially with the success of ZAB most of your assets have either been neutralised or pushed in to Afghanistan, the game doesn't end here. These assets and the agents running them will be hunted even inside Afghanistan. It's impossible for you to provide protection to all your assets when the ISAF umbrella is either shrinking or has completely evaporated.
ANSF has already got there hands full with the insurgency, so much so that apart from the countryside even major cities are threatened today, they obviously can not come to your rescue.
So let me say this again so maybe it will get through...........
Indian options in Afghanistan is either to go there and bring in atleast as many troops as ISAF had in 2009-10 or let its investment evaporate.

Don't wast time in teaching him, This guy is Unstable I tried patiently to make him understand everything but at last he asks "Who was Ram ?"
Patiently tried to make me understand what?
That there is an Indian ghost in Afghanistan and we all should be scared.:omghaha:

The topic here is Afghanistan and what you were able to do there.
You do understand the difference 150,000 troops and 15,000 troops. I know it's a single zero but on the ground it makes a big difference.
You were able to run your agents through NDS and did manage to create mayhem in Pakistan during the last 14+ years, especially in the years from 2008-12. That period is gone. So is the Indian ability to maneuver.
In the past couple of years and especially with the success of ZAB most of your assets have either been neutralised or pushed in to Afghanistan, the game doesn't end here. These assets and the agents running them will be hunted even inside Afghanistan. It's impossible for you to provide protection to all your assets when the ISAF umbrella is either shrinking or has completely evaporated.
ANSF has already got there hands full with the insurgency, so much so that apart from the countryside even major cities are threatened today, they obviously can not come to your rescue.
So let me say this again so maybe it will get through...........
Indian options in Afghanistan is either to go there and bring in atleast as many troops as ISAF had in 2009-10 or let its investment evaporate.

Patiently tried to make me understand what?
That there is an Indian ghost in Afghanistan and we all should be scared.:omghaha:

Again, your whole argument borders on insanity. Zarb-e-Azb was directed at the same proxies that ISI/Army combine had diligently supported for decades until they were forced to do something different under US pressure. It was then that TTP arose from amongst the proxies that ISI itself had once backed. Trying to eliminate the same proxies that were created by your own Army/ISI combine is no great deal. You should be ashamed of what your military/intelligence does in the name of realpolitik and statecraft instead of pointing fingers at India which has nothing to do with TTP.

Einstein, Ashraf Ghani was pissed at Indians for their lack of robustness foremost, and the suspension of the request did come at the time of the rapprochement with Pakistan. I am not saying it was coincidental however. It was disappointing that the Indians could not deliver (when it was well within their means) on the request because they were giving it a consideration from the vantage point of view of their own relation with Pakistan. The point is, Ghani and including many Afghans were feeling that India was only too comfortable that the relationship (Afghan and Indian) was simply driven on India's behest. Afghans have every right to have been questioning that simply by the measure of that request for military assistance which was put forward to India years ago during Karzai's time. It was critical for Afghanistan. The relationship is more principled and on even footing and anchored on commonly acknowledged strategic interests which we Afghans feel comfortable with now. Obviously from an Afghan point of view president Ghani deserves the credit which things should have been ironed out with India during Karzai's time. You saw the choppers now being delivered and it was due to Ghani that the Indians were proded to come forward cinfident and bold.

Ghani had made it clear on his first visit after the speculation following his flirtation with Pakistan that countries do not over night change strategic friends and there was no shift away from our relationship with India. It is sounder now than it was.

India should be really punching to its own weight where it behaves like lesser than half of what it is.

Whats with the Einstein thingy? :P

Ashraf Ghani is taking a measured approach towards Pakistan and is mindful of Pakistani concerns which is a sound approach ( Sending military students to Pakistan is another example of such approach and the NDS-ISI agreement was another step in that direction ) and that is what I am trying to bring across here, bravado aside Pakistan will hurt us more than we can hurt her and it makes sense to understand that Indian-Pakistan relationship is way more complex than some of the folks in Kabul will have you believe.

It is all about cost / benefit analysis! Are we really getting much from India / Qualitatively and Quantitatively comparing to the cost that the Afghan civilians are paying for the last 14 years ?

"LONG LIVE OUR FRIENDSHIP" will just be a hollow slogan.

Again, your whole argument borders on insanity. Zarb-e-Azb was directed at the same proxies that ISI/Army combine had diligently supported for decades until they were forced to do something different under US pressure. It was then that TTP arose from amongst the proxies that ISI itself had once backed. Trying to eliminate the same proxies that were created by your own Army/ISI combine is no great deal. You should be ashamed of what your military/intelligence does in the name of realpolitik and statecraft instead of pointing fingers at India which has nothing to do with TTP.

So you are going in denial mode now.
Look people in the region understand that long skirt wearers can not be trusted to put boots on the ground. But to run away like this and deny everything is just cheap.

Here's something for you to open your eyes a bit. Something from the heydays of Indian ops in Afghanistan.

When his parallel sharia courts and public beheadings provoked military action in the Swat Valley in 2009, he was pushed into the Kunar-Nooristan mountain range across the Afghan border, from where he has continued to mount attacks inside Pakistan. These included the September 15 assassination of General Officer Commanding for Malakand Division General Sanaullah Niazi, Lieutenant colonel Tauseef Ahmed and Lance Naik Irfanullah. (Lance Naik is the equivalent rank to lance corporal in the Pakistan, Bangladesh and Indian Armies). [2]

North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) forces abandoned the Kunar-Nooristan area in mid-2009 after repeated attempts to secure the border, and it was here, according to tribal sources, that Fazlullah's association with the NDS matured. The accompanying photograph, obtained from an information source in the tribal area, allegedly shows the NDS deputy director Kunar, Ghafoor (far right), holding talks with two Fazlullah group commanders for Kunar region. This is the first time such evidence has been presented in the international media.

sha261113.gif

Pakistan's intelligence officials say the NDS is not acting alone, but is rather the lynch pin of a deeper proxy network involving Indian and even American intelligence agencies.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/SOU-01-261113.html

So you are going in denial mode now.
Look people in the region understand that long skirt wearers can not be trusted to put boots on the ground. But to run away like this and deny everything is just cheap.

Here's something for you to open your eyes a bit. Something from the heydays of Indian ops in Afghanistan.

When his parallel sharia courts and public beheadings provoked military action in the Swat Valley in 2009, he was pushed into the Kunar-Nooristan mountain range across the Afghan border, from where he has continued to mount attacks inside Pakistan. These included the September 15 assassination of General Officer Commanding for Malakand Division General Sanaullah Niazi, Lieutenant colonel Tauseef Ahmed and Lance Naik Irfanullah. (Lance Naik is the equivalent rank to lance corporal in the Pakistan, Bangladesh and Indian Armies). [2]

North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) forces abandoned the Kunar-Nooristan area in mid-2009 after repeated attempts to secure the border, and it was here, according to tribal sources, that Fazlullah's association with the NDS matured. The accompanying photograph, obtained from an information source in the tribal area, allegedly shows the NDS deputy director Kunar, Ghafoor (far right), holding talks with two Fazlullah group commanders for Kunar region. This is the first time such evidence has been presented in the international media.

sha261113.gif

Pakistan's intelligence officials say the NDS is not acting alone, but is rather the lynch pin of a deeper proxy network involving Indian and even American intelligence agencies.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/South_Asia/SOU-01-261113.html

So ISI helps Afghan Talis, and the NDS helps TTP tit for tat. ( We kill each other for eternity ) nobody wins.

We both listen to each other's concerns and invest in projects like TAPI that benefit the region, everyone wins

The 2nd scenario needs to common sense and also courage. Is common sense and courage lacking in our region ???

BTW :
I see you live in Sweden so you have seen the world, with all the bravado that you see in PDF and in our region,
Do you know how europeans and the outside world see our region? We are just a bunch of backward, dark skinned, poor and dirty asians who are killing each other for decades now :P In other words we think we are important but basically we are not that important if you know what I mean ;)

Allah de maal sha peera :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom