What's new

Indian Railways vs. Chinese Railways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously have no idea how things work in India. The government that hikes railway fares will not be voted to power for another 5 terms at least. In India things are a little "complicated". The Indian government did briefly hike railway fares but it was shouted down by opposition and angry public, some sections of the public want world-class facilities without paying the money needed to build them.

And let's not even go into performance.

There are some things you can understand only if you are Indian.

I enjoy threads these threads.started by Chinese :lol: It means they are feeling threatened by India's rise.

I enjoy threads these threads.started by Chinese :lol: It means they are feeling threatened by India's rise.

I don't care if the thread starter is American or Chinese. I am concerned about the state of Indian railways.

If you are an Indian, personally visited the railway station to buy a ticket, have been hassled by security guards for no reason, have been duped by touts, have been demanded extra money aka bribe by the fcuking ticket collector to evict the ticketless passenger who has been occupying your seat, had to wait at the station for 12-16 hours because the train is running late, had to fend off beggars and the "dancing party" (refer to allahbad station) who demand money, had to cover your nose every time you use a public washroom, have no idea where to keep your luggage inside the station and other many such issues then you will understand what the fcuk is wrong with Indian railways.

Let me elaborate my viewpoints on ticket fares.
I'm against any form of privatisation of railway, we have already learned a lesson in China. A railway company of Guangzhou-Shenzhen HSR was put into stock market, and ticket prices of bullet trains increased by 50%.

Yes, I agree, state-owned railway is less efficient. But ticket fares of our normal trains(start with a capital letter of K/T/Z) stay the same since 1995(Yes, 20 years ever since). Private investment should never get involved in key sectors like railway and energy, we have a lot of lessons to learn from our European counterparts. Railway is not expressway or air industry, ONLY ONE TRAIN ON ONE TRACK! Even it's private, no competition still.

@Indian Patriot et al

I don't care if the thread starter is American or Chinese. I am concerned about the state of Indian railways.

If you are an Indian, personally visited the railway station to buy a ticket, have been hassled by security guards for no reason, have been duped by touts, have been demanded extra money aka bribe by the fcuking ticket collector to evict the ticketless passenger who has been occupying your seat, had to wait at the station for 12-16 hours because the train is running late, had to fend off beggars and the "dancing party" (refer to allahbad station) who demand money, had to cover your nose every time you use a public washroom, have no idea where to keep your luggage inside the station and other many such issues then you will understand what the fcuk is wrong with Indian railways.

Now clam down...

I understand the situation of Indian Railways. More than the government, it is the travelers like us that are to be blamed for not keeping things tidy. Indians are some of worst exploiters of public system.

I am taking of the poster's intentions. When the intentions are not correct, discussing such issues will be futile. This is a troll thread.

Maybe they can spot a moron in you. Cause I have never been hassled. For your information, I traveled in railways in 3 states, bought tickets from a small town to one of the biggest stations. A few days back.

It's probably some thing about your face.

Honest answer.

On topic :

This is probably jammed wind or idune.

Or something like that.

And @by78

Indian railway is better than the toy trains people ride back home. Ok ?

Stop getting down on your knees before the Chinese.

It's truely embarrassing.

Hiding behind the American flag. :sarcastic:

Last edited:
A few photos of Chinese railway stations. You can deduce their management for yourself...

ShijiazhuangRailwayStation6.jpg

ShijiazhuangRailwayStation4.jpg

14110312243df41f9661387bfa.jpg~original

1411031220f7437291912fe6ea.jpg~original

9c66f087gw1em81s0zp3hj20xc4zt1kz.jpg~original

155356gfg34ce1fgecn221.jpg

Let me elaborate my viewpoints on ticket fares.
I'm against any form of privatisation of railway, we have already learned a lesson in China. A railway company of Guangzhou-Shenzhen HSR was put into stock market, and ticket prices of bullet trains increased by 50%.

Yes, I agree, state-owned railway is less efficient. But ticket fares of our normal trains(start with a capital letter of K/T/Z) stay the same since 1995(Yes, 20 years ever since). Private investment should never get involved in key sectors like railway and energy, we have a lot of lessons to learn from our European counterparts. Railway is not expressway or air industry, ONLY ONE TRAIN ON ONE TRACK! Even it's private, no competition still.

@Indian Patriot et al

The biggest problem with govt. run things is the lack of accountability. I don't know how things work in China but in India only Indians know how sarkari daftar (govt. offices) and sarkari babus (govt. employees) work.

U are a real patriot.

No matter this thread is about trolling or not(This forum is simply about trolling to some extent), it's the problems which matter.When 2011 Wenzhou train collision happened in China, there were thousands of similar discussions. If we simply blamed them and their intention to "troll", we would never make progress. Even it's deliberate trolling, not a big deal, isn't it?

You know, Chinese railway before was really a sh*t hole, filthy, uncomfortable, crowded. But years later, Chinese railway is getting better every day, both normal railway and HSR. But Chinese should not have the slightest contentment, we still have a lot of drawbacks. It is other people's sarcasm and criticism that motivate people to make a difference.

Now clam down...

I understand the situation of Indian Railways. More than the government, it is the travelers like us that are to be blamed for not keeping things tidy. Indians are some of worst exploiters of public system.

I am taking of the poster's intentions. When the intentions are not correct, discussing such issues will be futile. This is a troll thread.

Yes blame the public for everything. Why is it so hard for you to accept faults?

Yes blame the public for everything. Why is it so hard for you to accept faults?

I have not absolved the government here. First think what are you doing for the country and not the other way. Now Indian railways must have the lowest fares in the world, in spite of that I guess 30% of the travelers don't pay for tickets even more so in rural areas. Why is that?

Comparing railway with railway is hardly comparing apples and oranges. Unless you meant India and China are like apples and oranges in terms of economic development, then I agree. India is simply not in China's league.

However, India vs China is a hugely popular topic in India, so I see no harm in doing a little comparison.

Quality is just ok because they are licensed copies of obsolete American and Japanese designs from decades ago. As far as I know, these Indian copies still can't match the quality and reliability of the originals.

India desperately needs more modern tech for their locomotives.

It's apples and oranges because unlike the rest of the world that value railroads for transportation vehicle, India regard railways as symbol of British creation of India. So expand the railroads expand this legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom