What's new

Indian Railways vs. Chinese Railways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing railway with railway is hardly comparing apples and oranges. Unless you meant India and China are like apples and oranges in terms of economic development, then I agree. India is simply not in China's league.

However, India vs China is a hugely popular topic in India, so I see no harm in doing a little comparison.

Quality is just ok because they are licensed copies of obsolete American and Japanese designs from decades ago. As far as I know, these Indian copies still can't match the quality and reliability of the originals.

India desperately needs more modern tech for their locomotives.
Yes we are not in same league, and we are backward in locomotive too.

Moderators please close this awesome thread.

Yes we are not in same league, and we are backward in locomotive too.

Moderators please close this awesome thread.

Why should the thread be closed?

India vs China is a hugely popular topic in India. There are many Indian forum members who like this kind of thread.

Like Sri Lanka can afford chinese high speed super trains.
Look at pakistan railway,they get engines from china.And those engines SUCK..India produces much better and more powerful engines and coaches in low budg
Like Sri Lanka can afford chinese high speed super trains.
Look at pakistan railway,they get engines from china.And those engines SUCK..India produces much better and more powerful engines and coaches in low budget.
Sri Lanka can afford the high speed trians,if Chinese Government want to.And the truth is Chinese engines is much beter than indias,because we can design that by ourselves.

Why should the thread be closed?

India vs China is a hugely popular topic in India. There are many Indian forum members who like this kind of thread.
Popular topic? Make a movie on that, it would be blockbuster.

Sri Lanka can afford the high speed trians,if Chinese Government want to.And the truth is Chinese engines is much beter than indias,because we can design that by ourselves.
Awesome, yes, Chinese engines are much better.

I'm not a movie maker, I'm a member of Pakistan Defence Forum.
SO, comparing railways is interesting topic for you?

Calm down, people!
I think I am the only member here know Chinese railway from inside to outside.(in a professional railway online-forum for years ;))
Any country, China, India, Japan, etc should start from improving their existing railway networks first.
Let me introduce what China has done BEFORE introduction of HSR.
Campaign to raise the speed of railway travel in China
屏幕快照 2015-04-05 17.52.15.png

I don't think it's a bad strategy for India to escalate her ordinary railway system first.
And BULLET TRAINS CAN OPERATE ON NORMAL LINES TOO!
Even a non-electrical line (DMU, diesel multiple units)
original_EFbi_10f50000ed1a1190.jpg
original_j4xQ_11a500018d061190.jpg
original_cDDs_11b50000bd121190.jpg

Best wishes for all developing countries, we are desperate for decent railway rides!

Calm down, people!
I think I am the only member here know Chinese railway from inside to outside.(in a professional railway online-forum for years ;))
Any country, China, India, Japan, etc should start from improving their existing railway networks first.
Let me introduce what China has done BEFORE introduction of HSR.
Campaign to raise the speed of railway travel in China
View attachment 211922

I don't think it's a bad strategy for India to escalate her ordinary railway system first.
And BULLET TRAINS CAN OPERATE ON NORMAL LINES TOO!
Even a non-electrical line (DMU, diesel multiple units)
View attachment 211925 View attachment 211924 View attachment 211923

Best wishes for all developing countries, we are desperate for decent railway rides!

It's not just about bullet trains. It is the appalling conditions of Indian railway stations, infrastructure and how poorly things are managed.

Some more photos of the command center:

16832436417_ef7c54e299_b.jpg

17038998311_188b071f7d_b.jpg

16417408854_1f849674c8_b.jpg

16832437117_51dfde5400_b.jpg

17038998981_e5d60678f2_b.jpg

17038999201_b050bd0f3d_b.jpg

17038398282_afc703b068_b.jpg

17038398442_2a1960d633_b.jpg

It's not just about bullet trains. It is the appalling conditions of Indian railway stations, infrastructure and how poorly things are managed.

Train fares need to be raised a little. The increased revenue can be used for better upkeep and station upgrades. I don't know how much an average Indian Railways employee is paid, but maybe a salary increase can improve motivation?

By the way, are compensation linked to performance? If not, they need to linked as soon as possible.

Train fares need to be raised a little. The increased revenue can be used for better upkeep and station upgrades. I don't know how much an average Indian Railways employee is paid, but maybe a salary increase can improve motivation?

By the way, are compensation linked to performance? If not, they need to linked as soon as possible.

You obviously have no idea how things work in India. The government that hikes railway fares will not be voted to power for another 5 terms at least. In India things are a little "complicated". The Indian government did briefly hike railway fares but it was shouted down by opposition and angry public, some sections of the public want world-class facilities without paying the money needed to build them.

And let's not even go into performance.

There are some things you can understand only if you are Indian.

Are u a railway fan? I am a devout one, i believe in railwaylism;)
I love railway across the world and have tried a lot of foreign train services.(I'd love to try Amtrak whose locomotives are simply beautiful).
On topic.
Even China has done a lot on her gigantic HSR network, we can still considerably improve our traditional railway systems, speed, comfortableness, locomotives etc.
Our normal trains are not bad;)
original_P1lM_24c40000b37f125d.jpg
屏幕快照 2015-04-05 18.27.20.png
_MG_3428 .jpg
_MG_4969 .jpg
original_inXM_77c50000ade3118c.jpg
_MG_0780 .jpg

This locomotive's maximum speed is 200km/h.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom