What's new

Indian Navy's Lies Exposed

yah, you are right, China is not open, not open, not open... So the real thing is that China crashes more than India aircraft.

In simple terms, when Chinese J-6 and type 59 tanks were at the Uganda-Tanzania war. India LCA and Arjun tank does not even exist. when China's J-7 and type 69 tank were at the Iran-Iraq war. India LCA and Arjun tank is just a paper. Still not simple enough? OK, a direct contrast....

India' LCA VS China' Q5, J-6, J-7, J-8, J-10, J-10B, J-10C, J-11, J-11B, J-15, J-16, J-20, J-31, JH-7, K-8, L-15, Y-5, Y-6, Y-7, Y-8, Y-20, H-6,H-6K, KJ-2000, KJ-500, Gaoxin 6, AG-600, C919....Some small production planes or transition models are not on the list(main:J-9, J-12, J-13, Y-10). Oh, So sorry, I almost forgot, and JF-17.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/the-real-gap-between-china-and-india.505673/

yah, China is not open...:-)

Are you deliberately avoiding the point, or is it that you simply haven't got it?

You mentioned casualties in the IAF; there has not been a single casualty flying the Tejas. You were presumably talking about the MiG 21 crashes. I merely pointed out that the same plane is flying in the PLAAF; that the same plane's Chinese screwdriver version has given 3 casualties in this year alone in the PAF alone, and unless Chinese pilots fly flapping their wings, there must be similar casualty rates in the PLAAF, which we will never get to hear.

It was about casualty rates, not about when you learnt which side of a screwdriver did what.

So save yourself the trouble of listing all the planes you reverse engineered (name one on your list that was not 're-developed' or 're-engineered' from original Russian products); quite apart from the fact that your technical philosophy was to 're-engineer', we don't know the casualty rates because of the secretive nature of your government.

western countries sabotage other countries but India sabotages its own assets.

Are you deliberately avoiding the point, or is it that you simply haven't got it?

You mentioned casualties in the IAF; there has not been a single casualty flying the Tejas. You were presumably talking about the MiG 21 crashes. I merely pointed out that the same plane is flying in the PLAAF; that the same plane's Chinese screwdriver version has given 3 casualties in this year alone in the PAF alone, and unless Chinese pilots fly flapping their wings, there must be similar casualty rates in the PLAAF, which we will never get to hear.

It was about casualty rates, not about when you learnt which side of a screwdriver did what.

So save yourself the trouble of listing all the planes you reverse engineered (name one on your list that was not 're-developed' or 're-engineered' from original Russian products); quite apart from the fact that your technical philosophy was to 're-engineer', we don't know the casualty rates because of the secretive nature of your government.
No, I'm not avoiding any problems. In the defense industry, we have enough confidence to India.

You mentioned casualties, the Mi-17 helicopter crashed in India, and 7 people died. A few months ago. India crashes 2 planes in 3 days. This is the latest world record. You can't summarize India's failure —— China conceals the accident. But the reality is that China doesn't hide the accident. China is manufacturing and improving aircraft, need to know the cause of the accident. And Chinese aircraft undergo rigorous flight test procedures. This is fundamentally different from India. Because India doesn't need this program. And what India needs to improve most is the pilots and the HAL.

I'm not talking about LCA is Dassault design. What I want to say is that India has the best airplane in the world. Such as MIG, SU-30, C-130... But India has the worst industry in the world. Even lack of basic maintenance capability.

Considering that India crashed 1000 aircraft in 70 years, and India "successfully assembled" only LCA(The world's most light aircraft. Takes 33 years).Considering India's weapons domestic rate only 50%. I really don't know —— maintenance of aircraft in India so difficult? How bad is the basic industry in India?. How many secrets are hidden from the bureaucracy in India?. We don't know.

China crashes aircraft? But China can make and improve it. There is no need to conceal the accident! India?????? As always, Indians don't have much to think about, only subjective guesses.

India crashed 1000 planes, but India can produce 1000 aircraft?? This is different from China.

A 'Crash Landing': The Slow and Painful Death of India's Air Force

Last edited:
No, I'm not avoiding any problems. In the defense industry, we have enough confidence to India.

You mentioned casualties, the Mi-17 helicopter crashed in India, and 7 people died. A few months ago. India crashes 2 planes in 3 days. This is the latest world record. You can't summarize India's failure —— China conceals the accident. But the reality is that China doesn't hide the accident. China is manufacturing and improving aircraft, need to know the cause of the accident. And Chinese aircraft undergo rigorous flight test procedures. This is fundamentally different from India. Because India doesn't need this program. And what India needs to improve most is the pilots and the HAL.

I'm not talking about LCA is Dassault design. What I want to say is that India has the best airplane in the world. Such as MIG, SU-30, C-130... But India has the worst industry in the world. Even lack of basic maintenance capability.

Considering that India crashed 1000 aircraft in 70 years, and India "successfully assembled" only LCA(The world's most light aircraft. Takes 33 years).Considering India's weapons domestic rate only 50%. I really don't know —— maintenance of aircraft in India so difficult? How bad is the basic industry in India?. How many secrets are hidden from the bureaucracy in India?. We don't know.

China crashes aircraft? But China can make and improve it. There is no need to conceal the accident! India?????? As always, Indians don't have much to think about, only subjective guesses.

India crashed 1000 planes, but India can produce 1000 aircraft?? This is different from China.

A 'Crash Landing': The Slow and Painful Death of India's Air Force

You are still avoiding the issue, talking about a helicopter crash and the number of passengers, not about pilot deaths; the number of helicopter crashes, considering the difficult and dangerous conditions, is in no way worth mentioning unless someone wishes to distract attention by mentioning an incident.

That has been the pattern of your replies; to avoid the main issue and talk about irrelevant incidentals. I don't have to summarise India's failures by saying China conceals information; Indian aircraft casualty figures are published openly, and you repeatedly run away from this point, and the corollary that Chinese figures are not published openly.

It is quite another thing that you examine each crash internally, and seek to improve from examination of the results. The point, again, is that these investigations are secret and confidential. You say, which is not relevant, that Chinese investigations are done to improve the build quality. Obviously. When you do not have access to the technology behind the plane and you are trying to reverse engineer, there will be failures, dangerous failures, quite apart from the loss of performance potential due to an inability to achieve a complete duplication. The performance figures of your reverse engineered marvels have been widely reported to have been behind those of the originals. There is every reason for you to agonise over every crash. The point, again, is that none of these crashes are revealed. And, again, the point is not that Indian crashes are not examined and investigated thoroughly. There are even public reports, available for those who use the net not to write your kind of speculative fiction but to explore and to discover.

You say that India does not do these investigations because India does not need them. That India needs only to improve the training of its pilots and of HAL. As it happens, I live outside Hakimpet Air Force Base today; most of my professional life since 1998 has been involved with the aircraft industry, even after I turned to education and to teaching, and I have seen first-hand, not through your type of speculation, what amount of effort goes into training. If you want to check neutral sources instead of sifting through the garbage for clues, try US accounts of joint exercises with Indian pilots. But you probably have that information with you, and are ignoring that merely to make a superficial case.

As for HAL, I was at a professional position that allowed me close views of HAL, its staffing, its procedures and its results. The results of our experience with the MiG 21, that you copied and passed off as your own, have not been good. When you look at that experience, you also have to look at the hard fact that the aircraft was designed to fly a strictly limited number of hours; Indian maintenance has boosted that figure to more than ten times the designed life. AND with that extremely demanding extension effort, we have never concealed facts and figures; we have never pretended that our efforts were perfect. Data is public, our media faithfully track every minor incident, to the extent that the contrast to your completely opaque position could not be more stark.

In a discussion on opacity of data, you bring in your fanciful ideas about the LCA being Dassault design. Really? How is that relevant? Is that merely a riposte to being told that all your planes are reverse-engineered, either from Russian designs, or from stolen American designs?

Mentioning a vague suspicion that the Tejas was derived from Dassault is futile; that race is over, it has been discussed over and over and over again, and nobody has presented any convincing proof, besides the delta design, not just a Dassault implementation, but used widely, world-wide, by the Americans, the British and - surprise, surprise - the Russians. Our flight control software had to be developed twice; the first time, our engineers had to leave even their own notes and development work behind and abandon their office spaces when the US embargoed our defence industry. The current implementation is entirely our own, done as a creation from the ground up, literally, in ADA in Bangalore. The design is entirely our own, achieved by joint teams sitting right in Bangalore, in front of us, by people who were interacting with HAL every day, when they were not ex-HAL themselves. We failed to develop an engine - that should remind you of your own industry, that has made thousands of aircraft, according to your distracting efforts, but is still struggling to make good engines - we also failed to make an airborne AESA, although a ground version is ready and proven through extensive testing. We outsourced these, just as your exported varieties of the reverse-engineered and illegally manufactured Chinese copies fly with western or Israeli instrumentation.

You mentioned that India crashed 1000 aircraft in 70 years; that is precisely the point. How many planes crashed in India is known, painfully well known. China made several thousand more planes, all without the benefit of proper drawings or complete access to technology, many using badly designed and incrementally improved home-made substitutes for the originals; are you telling me that there were no casualties, no crashes? I am telling you, and am safe in doing so, that you had very many incidents and that these are all concealed and kept unknown.

This is quite unlike the Indian situation. You mentioned, not knowing a thing about Indian conditions and interrelationships between the bureaucracy, the manufacturing plants and the user services, that many things might still be concealed from the bureaucracy. By whom? If there are defects or if there is poor maintenance, and there is a crash, either the user service or the manufacturing plant is sure to get to the bottom of things (investigations are done jointly, since you don't seem to know) and a full report goes to the ministry. It is about checks and balances; the Air Force is unlikely to allow HAL to get away with mistakes that cost pilot lives, HAL is unlikely to allow the Air Force to gloss over its bad training and pin the donkey's tail onto HAL.

China may be able to 'make' and improve it (you seem to forget that except a very few, all aircraft used by India are 'made' in India, just as they are 'made' in China), but there seems to be a pathological need to conceal the accident figures; why they need to do that must go into the thread that is not there, the thread on why China obsessively keeps many things secret. That is not a thread of interest to me, whether there or hypothetical. I am not interested in making a charge sheet about China or the Chinese; just in correcting impertinent and stupid, spiteful pieces posted without thought.

The video says authorities decided to investigate, but does not say which authority. Meaning source less or nameless. Only other authority we know is present in the neighborhood which claimed successful rescue of hostage while crossing the border and we know what happened to that claim.

That has been the pattern of your replies; to avoid the main issue and talk about irrelevant incidentals.
They are experts in deviating from the topic as usual.

As per them PLAAF has no crashes nothing. Their systems are perfect. In fact even birds envy them (no bird hits either, birds are afraid you see) for their excellent engineering.

Last time we had a US spy plane which nearly collided with a fighter jet from the heavenly airforce.

The video says authorities decided to investigate, but does not say which authority. Meaning source less or nameless. Only other authority we know is present in the neighborhood which claimed successful rescue of hostage while crossing the border and we know what happened to that claim.

They are experts in deviating from the topic as usual.

As per them PLAAF has no crashes nothing. Their systems are perfect. In fact even birds envy them (no bird hits either, birds are afraid you see) for their excellent engineering.

Last time we had a US spy plane which nearly collided with a fighter jet from the heavenly airforce.

Look at the curious aspects.

• We build planes with full access to the original technology. We use them to several times more than the design life. We crash some, too many of them, in fact.
  • Our neighbour builds them, WITHOUT access to technology. They have to feel their way through the reverse engineering; hardly anything works the first time around, and that is true of their efforts too. On the way, there are many versions that become very vulnerable till they are fixed. NOTHING happens.
  • Our neighbour builds them, gives them to another neighbour. Three casualties in a limited period of time. And these second set of pilots, our second neighbours, are among the best in the world.
Just whom is this chap trying to fool?

You are still avoiding the issue, talking about a helicopter crash and the number of passengers, not about pilot deaths; the number of helicopter crashes, considering the difficult and dangerous conditions, is in no way worth mentioning unless someone wishes to distract attention by mentioning an incident.

That has been the pattern of your replies; to avoid the main issue and talk about irrelevant incidentals. I don't have to summarise India's failures by saying China conceals information; Indian aircraft casualty figures are published openly, and you repeatedly run away from this point, and the corollary that Chinese figures are not published openly.

It is quite another thing that you examine each crash internally, and seek to improve from examination of the results. The point, again, is that these investigations are secret and confidential. You say, which is not relevant, that Chinese investigations are done to improve the build quality. Obviously. When you do not have access to the technology behind the plane and you are trying to reverse engineer, there will be failures, dangerous failures, quite apart from the loss of performance potential due to an inability to achieve a complete duplication. The performance figures of your reverse engineered marvels have been widely reported to have been behind those of the originals. There is every reason for you to agonise over every crash. The point, again, is that none of these crashes are revealed. And, again, the point is not that Indian crashes are not examined and investigated thoroughly. There are even public reports, available for those who use the net not to write your kind of speculative fiction but to explore and to discover.

You say that India does not do these investigations because India does not need them. That India needs only to improve the training of its pilots and of HAL. As it happens, I live outside Hakimpet Air Force Base today; most of my professional life since 1998 has been involved with the aircraft industry, even after I turned to education and to teaching, and I have seen first-hand, not through your type of speculation, what amount of effort goes into training. If you want to check neutral sources instead of sifting through the garbage for clues, try US accounts of joint exercises with Indian pilots. But you probably have that information with you, and are ignoring that merely to make a superficial case.

As for HAL, I was at a professional position that allowed me close views of HAL, its staffing, its procedures and its results. The results of our experience with the MiG 21, that you copied and passed off as your own, have not been good. When you look at that experience, you also have to look at the hard fact that the aircraft was designed to fly a strictly limited number of hours; Indian maintenance has boosted that figure to more than ten times the designed life. AND with that extremely demanding extension effort, we have never concealed facts and figures; we have never pretended that our efforts were perfect. Data is public, our media faithfully track every minor incident, to the extent that the contrast to your completely opaque position could not be more stark.

In a discussion on opacity of data, you bring in your fanciful ideas about the LCA being Dassault design. Really? How is that relevant? Is that merely a riposte to being told that all your planes are reverse-engineered, either from Russian designs, or from stolen American designs?

Mentioning a vague suspicion that the Tejas was derived from Dassault is futile; that race is over, it has been discussed over and over and over again, and nobody has presented any convincing proof, besides the delta design, not just a Dassault implementation, but used widely, world-wide, by the Americans, the British and - surprise, surprise - the Russians. Our flight control software had to be developed twice; the first time, our engineers had to leave even their own notes and development work behind and abandon their office spaces when the US embargoed our defence industry. The current implementation is entirely our own, done as a creation from the ground up, literally, in ADA in Bangalore. The design is entirely our own, achieved by joint teams sitting right in Bangalore, in front of us, by people who were interacting with HAL every day, when they were not ex-HAL themselves. We failed to develop an engine - that should remind you of your own industry, that has made thousands of aircraft, according to your distracting efforts, but is still struggling to make good engines - we also failed to make an airborne AESA, although a ground version is ready and proven through extensive testing. We outsourced these, just as your exported varieties of the reverse-engineered and illegally manufactured Chinese copies fly with western or Israeli instrumentation.

You mentioned that India crashed 1000 aircraft in 70 years; that is precisely the point. How many planes crashed in India is known, painfully well known. China made several thousand more planes, all without the benefit of proper drawings or complete access to technology, many using badly designed and incrementally improved home-made substitutes for the originals; are you telling me that there were no casualties, no crashes? I am telling you, and am safe in doing so, that you had very many incidents and that these are all concealed and kept unknown.

This is quite unlike the Indian situation. You mentioned, not knowing a thing about Indian conditions and interrelationships between the bureaucracy, the manufacturing plants and the user services, that many things might still be concealed from the bureaucracy. By whom? If there are defects or if there is poor maintenance, and there is a crash, either the user service or the manufacturing plant is sure to get to the bottom of things (investigations are done jointly, since you don't seem to know) and a full report goes to the ministry. It is about checks and balances; the Air Force is unlikely to allow HAL to get away with mistakes that cost pilot lives, HAL is unlikely to allow the Air Force to gloss over its bad training and pin the donkey's tail onto HAL.

China may be able to 'make' and improve it (you seem to forget that except a very few, all aircraft used by India are 'made' in India, just as they are 'made' in China), but there seems to be a pathological need to conceal the accident figures; why they need to do that must go into the thread that is not there, the thread on why China obsessively keeps many things secret. That is not a thread of interest to me, whether there or hypothetical. I am not interested in making a charge sheet about China or the Chinese; just in correcting impertinent and stupid, spiteful pieces posted without thought.
China did not conceal aircraft accidents. A very important reason. China's network coverage is as high as 94%. No accident could be concealed. I have never denied any aircraft accident in China, because China made too many fighters, transport planes, bombers, air refueling aircraft, air warning aircraft... The accident can not be avoided. I want to say —— if China crashes 1000 aircraft, China can still make 1000 airplanes. But India crashes 1000 aircraft, you can manufacture? And who are you buying parts from?. And who will help repair?

Guessing doesn't make you have a better airplane. for example. All the design drawings are given to India, but unfortunately. India has no industrial base, and India's backward industrial base can not even assemble all the advanced parts and become a qualified fighter. Drawings are easy to obtain, and even can be purchased directly. But if India wants to make airplanes, it involves industrial systems, but the reality is —— India doesn't even have the ability to assemble and maintain. Because it involves industrial integration. So India uses the best parts to make the world's most junk planes, tanks, warships, guns... And then talk about Chinese exports of airplanes, tanks, warships, guns are copies.

The aircraft is not a simple consumables like India. It has something to do with the industry of a country, That's why India buys SU-30 from russia. But after the great maintenance of HAL, all crashed, this is a miracle. Even IAF still refuses to use LCA. Until recently, the pressure from the government. About engines, J-10, J-11, J-20, J-31, Even Y-20 are using Chinese made engines, but will LCA use the India engine?

Fantasy is always beautiful. It's like “superpower”. India has countless fantasies. But what is it made in India?

An illiterate country. There are countless reasons.
World_map_of_countries_by_literacy_rate.svg.png

Look at the curious aspects.

• We build planes with full access to the original technology. We use them to several times more than the design life. We crash some, too many of them, in fact.
  • Our neighbour builds them, WITHOUT access to technology. They have to feel their way through the reverse engineering; hardly anything works the first time around, and that is true of their efforts too. On the way, there are many versions that become very vulnerable till they are fixed. NOTHING happens.
  • Our neighbour builds them, gives them to another neighbour. Three casualties in a limited period of time. And these second set of pilots, our second neighbours, are among the best in the world.
Just whom is this chap trying to fool?
Yh, that's strange.
1, You made airplanes... I admit that you made airplanes, and you made a airplanes in 33 years. yah, The world's lightest fighters, India advanced technology does not include: large transport aircraft, air refueling aircraft, air warning aircraft...
2, India technology is very advanced, after the great repair of the HAL... All the aircraft crashed
3, Does India have the courage to use LCA against JF-17?

Who was fooled?

China did not conceal aircraft accidents. A very important reason. China's network coverage is as high as 94%. No accident could be concealed. I have never denied any aircraft accident in China, because China made too many fighters, transport planes, bombers, air refueling aircraft, air warning aircraft... The accident can not be avoided.

Let's make this quick, and avoid all the generation of hot air that we have had to suffer through your posts.

Give us the Chinese crash statistics.

I want to say —— if China crashes 1000 aircraft, China can still make 1000 airplanes. But India crashes 1000 aircraft, you can manufacture? And who are you buying parts from?. And who will help repair?

We have, in fact; check the period of manufacture under license of each and every aircraft type that we have taken up in India.

Guessing doesn't make you have a better airplane.

Precisely. That is what you were forced to do, in the absence of the drawings and the process charts. We were not.

for example. All the design drawings are given to India, but unfortunately. India has no industrial base, and India's backward industrial base can not even assemble all the advanced parts and become a qualified fighter. Drawings are easy to obtain, and even can be purchased directly. But if India wants to make airplanes, it involves industrial systems, but the reality is —— India doesn't even have the ability to assemble and maintain. Because it involves industrial integration. So India uses the best parts to make the world's most junk planes, tanks, warships, guns... And then talk about Chinese exports of airplanes, tanks, warships, guns are copies.

On the contrary, all design drawings were NOT given to India. One of my organisations was responsible for converting all IAF aircraft manuals into SGML. For the Russian aircraft, even significant portions of the sets of manuals, significant portions of the maintenance manuals, were either not available in translation, neither in India nor in the factories in Russia where they had been originally manufactured; once they stopped manufacturing, they did not keep their manuals in good order, and not all variants supplied were properly documented. We had to send out the Air Force representatives to dig out the Russian language versions, translate them and then convert them.

That is with regard to manuals, and those who are responsible for manufacture will inform you that the manuals are just as important as the drawings; one without the other is of no earthly use. While this was not a problem during the initial stages of, first, fly away models supplied in CKD condition, second, of parts and sub-assemblies supplied for SKD based assembly, when HAL started manufacture of parts and sub-assemblies, it faced difficulties; just as China did.

Your fanciful theories about India not having the industrial capacity have to survive the statistics, that show clearly that parts manufacture was undertaken in house in HAL or its associated organisations (ours being among them), and all parts that were required and that were not supplied by Russia were manufactured. I am obviously not at liberty to give you exact details of what was done to bridge these gaps, but a lot of hard work went into them; every detail, from a particular date onwards, happened in front of me, a lot of detail before I was officially associated with these, but in open view; nothing was secret the way things are elsewhere, and anybody associated with the aerospace industry got need-to-know access.

To sum up, HAL got some assemblies direct, right through; engine parts to assemble engines, gears, ejection seats, and so on; other parts were made in house, mainly at a designated plant that was not Bangalore. Maintenance was done at three levels; the first two, field and base, were done by the IAF, the third, periodic maintenance (I am changing the designated names), at HAL in house. There was no lack of maintenance, except for occasions when the Russians couldn't give us a properly specified part.

The aircraft is not a simple consumables like India. It has something to do with the industry of a country, That's why India buys SU-30 from russia.

Buys and assembles, with progressive manufacture of parts in the country. My organisation learnt how to do glass cockpits from a European firm, that gave us preliminary learning and training on components that had to do with a European design, as a planned effort to be ready when the glass cockpit had to be put into the Su 30 MKI. I was there at that time of learning and assimilation, although I had left service before the Su 30 work began. I don't have to trawl through the Internet and fish out tendentious figures and come to erroneous conclusions.

The Su 30 MKI is not the standard Russian version. Besides the glass cockpit, it has a large and significant portions of its avionics designed specifically for this variant, from Russia herself, our own (I have mentioned our contribution), French (partly through us, partly direct to HAL), Israeli (major contributions) and even South African. For two years, the IAF took into service fly-away aircraft, following that there was started the period of gradual indigenisation. The difference between what we did and what China did was that we paid for every step, for every small bit of technology, and we worked hard to do it right, from first principles. That is why our versions meet or exceed the original Russian specifications. That is why, although we have not navalised it, favouring the MiG 29 instead, IF we had navalised the Su 30 for carrier use, it would not have the deficiencies of the Chinese 'adaptations', that do not allow the aircraft to combine range with ordnance carrying capacity, so that either it flies far or it carries the ordnance needed, but never both. That, my dear Internet expert, is the basic difference. You certainly have the edge over us, a huge edge, of being able to make deficient and inferior copies in great numbers; as Stalin put it, quantity takes on a quality of its own. Every reasonable observer will grant that great advantage to China.

Just don't talk rubbish about the capacity of India to make quality products. All the facts are against you, and all you can do is point to whatever is known and is in full public view about India, and keep dodging the question about actual performance of Chinese manufactured versions.

But after the great maintenance of HAL, all crashed, this is a miracle. Even IAF still refuses to use LCA. Until recently, the pressure from the government. About engines, J-10, J-20, J-31 are using Chinese made engines, but will LCA use the India engine?

Last question first. No, the LCA will NOT use the original Kaveri engine. That was a horrible failure. My organisation was responsible, under contract from GTRE, in our CAD-CAM-CAE division, to audit the engine design using CAD. It was simply not worth it. It was the worst that we examined of any engine, and we examined a wide variety under contract, for a wide variety of international engine manufacturers, including Rolls Royce. What we saw in those was superb design; in China, you would have shot the GTRE management.

That, too, is not a secret. It is in clear public view. On the other hand, we all know that the J-10, the J-20 and the J-31 are using Chinese engines; congratulations. Unfortunately for your tall talk, we also know that China is desperately still in the market for the equivalent Russian engines. Presumably you want them only to put them in glass cases on display, and have no technical intentions or objectives otherwise. Presumably Xuanzang and Faxian are still alive, but wish to go to Russia to learn at their lotus feet instead of going south. Times change; habits don't.

Fantasy is always beautiful. It's like “superpower”. India has countless fantasies. But what is it made in India?

Certainly not fantasy from the Internet. There are others who are better at that. One proof is your notes and messages.

View attachment 434238

Next to your learning, what can we do? or say? Nobody else in the world comes close to you. Particularly not in concoction of fairy tales and in dodging the question of the real statistics relating to aircraft performance, an issue that you have tried to dodge through four or five blatantly evasive posts.

Put up, or shut up.

China did not conceal aircraft accidents. A very important reason. China's network coverage is as high as 94%. No accident could be concealed. I have never denied any aircraft accident in China, because China made too many fighters, transport planes, bombers, air refueling aircraft, air warning aircraft... The accident can not be avoided. I want to say —— if China crashes 1000 aircraft, China can still make 1000 airplanes. But India crashes 1000 aircraft, you can manufacture? And who are you buying parts from?. And who will help repair?

Guessing doesn't make you have a better airplane. for example. All the design drawings are given to India, but unfortunately. India has no industrial base, and India's backward industrial base can not even assemble all the advanced parts and become a qualified fighter. Drawings are easy to obtain, and even can be purchased directly. But if India wants to make airplanes, it involves industrial systems, but the reality is —— India doesn't even have the ability to assemble and maintain. Because it involves industrial integration. So India uses the best parts to make the world's most junk planes, tanks, warships, guns... And then talk about Chinese exports of airplanes, tanks, warships, guns are copies.

The aircraft is not a simple consumables like India. It has something to do with the industry of a country, That's why India buys SU-30 from russia. But after the great maintenance of HAL, all crashed, this is a miracle. Even IAF still refuses to use LCA. Until recently, the pressure from the government. About engines, J-10, J-11, J-20, J-31, Even Y-20 are using Chinese made engines, but will LCA use the India engine?

View attachment 434238

Yh, that's strange.
1, You made airplanes... I admit that you made airplanes, and you made a airplanes in 33 years. yah, The world's lightest fighters, India advanced technology does not include: large transport aircraft, air refueling aircraft, air warning aircraft...
2, India technology is very advanced, after the great repair of the HAL... All the aircraft crashed
3, Does India have the courage to use LCA against JF-17?

Who was fooled?

1. Yes, we made an aeroplane in 33 years. We used technology that was rudimentary; we had the specifications changed more than a dozen times, and the process continues. We worked in the face of a technology denial environment that interrupted our work halfway through and illegally barred us from our own detailed specifications and working notes. Go to your famous Internet and check what happened when you wanted to make carbon copies of the MiG 21. Check how long it took you to make even a copy.
    As for large transport aircraft, making similar copies of the AN 12 without licensing would have been easy enough; we didn't, you did. Did you design your own refuelling aircraft? Or your own air warning and control aircraft?
  2. Have you got the statistics? A schoolboyish remark like "...All the aircraft crashed..." shows how seriously you need to be taken.
  3. LCA against the JF-17? Any day. You know nothing about either type, from that remark.
There is only one fool in this conversation, and I leave it to readers, including the most critical and hostile Pakistani readers, to decide who it is.

Let's make this quick, and avoid all the generation of hot air that we have had to suffer through your posts.

Give us the Chinese crash statistics.

We have, in fact; check the period of manufacture under license of each and every aircraft type that we have taken up in India.

Precisely. That is what you were forced to do, in the absence of the drawings and the process charts. We were not.

On the contrary, all design drawings were NOT given to India. One of my organisations was responsible for converting all IAF aircraft manuals into SGML. For the Russian aircraft, even significant portions of the sets of manuals, significant portions of the maintenance manuals, were either not available in translation, neither in India nor in the factories in Russia where they had been originally manufactured; once they stopped manufacturing, they did not keep their manuals in good order, and not all variants supplied were properly documented. We had to send out the Air Force representatives to dig out the Russian language versions, translate them and then convert them.

That is with regard to manuals, and those who are responsible for manufacture will inform you that the manuals are just as important as the drawings; one without the other is of no earthly use. While this was not a problem during the initial stages of, first, fly away models supplied in CKD condition, second, of parts and sub-assemblies supplied for SKD based assembly, when HAL started manufacture of parts and sub-assemblies, it faced difficulties; just as China did.

Your fanciful theories about India not having the industrial capacity have to survive the statistics, that show clearly that parts manufacture was undertaken in house in HAL or its associated organisations (ours being among them), and all parts that were required and that were not supplied by Russia were manufactured. I am obviously not at liberty to give you exact details of what was done to bridge these gaps, but a lot of hard work went into them; every detail, from a particular date onwards, happened in front of me, a lot of detail before I was officially associated with these, but in open view; nothing was secret the way things are elsewhere, and anybody associated with the aerospace industry got need-to-know access.

To sum up, HAL got some assemblies direct, right through; engine parts to assemble engines, gears, ejection seats, and so on; other parts were made in house, mainly at a designated plant that was not Bangalore. Maintenance was done at three levels; the first two, field and base, were done by the IAF, the third, periodic maintenance (I am changing the designated names), at HAL in house. There was no lack of maintenance, except for occasions when the Russians couldn't give us a properly specified part.

Buys and assembles, with progressive manufacture of parts in the country. My organisation learnt how to do glass cockpits from a European firm, that gave us preliminary learning and training on components that had to do with a European design, as a planned effort to be ready when the glass cockpit had to be put into the Su 30 MKI. I was there at that time of learning and assimilation, although I had left service before the Su 30 work began. I don't have to trawl through the Internet and fish out tendentious figures and come to erroneous conclusions.

The Su 30 MKI is not the standard Russian version. Besides the glass cockpit, it has a large and significant portions of its avionics designed specifically for this variant, from Russia herself, our own (I have mentioned our contribution), French (partly through us, partly direct to HAL), Israeli (major contributions) and even South African. For two years, the IAF took into service fly-away aircraft, following that there was started the period of gradual indigenisation. The difference between what we did and what China did was that we paid for every step, for every small bit of technology, and we worked hard to do it right, from first principles. That is why our versions meet or exceed the original Russian specifications. That is why, although we have not navalised it, favouring the MiG 29 instead, IF we had navalised the Su 30 for carrier use, it would not have the deficiencies of the Chinese 'adaptations', that do not allow the aircraft to combine range with ordnance carrying capacity, so that either it flies far or it carries the ordnance needed, but never both. That, my dear Internet expert, is the basic difference. You certainly have the edge over us, a huge edge, of being able to make deficient and inferior copies in great numbers; as Stalin put it, quantity takes on a quality of its own. Every reasonable observer will grant that great advantage to China.

Just don't talk rubbish about the capacity of India to make quality products. All the facts are against you, and all you can do is point to whatever is known and is in full public view about India, and keep dodging the question about actual performance of Chinese manufactured versions.

Last question first. No, the LCA will NOT use the original Kaveri engine. That was a horrible failure. My organisation was responsible, under contract from GTRE, in our CAD-CAM-CAE division, to audit the engine design using CAD. It was simply not worth it. It was the worst that we examined of any engine, and we examined a wide variety under contract, for a wide variety of international engine manufacturers, including Rolls Royce. What we saw in those was superb design; in China, you would have shot the GTRE management.

That, too, is not a secret. It is in clear public view. On the other hand, we all know that the J-10, the J-20 and the J-31 are using Chinese engines; congratulations. Unfortunately for your tall talk, we also know that China is desperately still in the market for the equivalent Russian engines. Presumably you want them only to put them in glass cases on display, and have no technical intentions or objectives otherwise. Presumably Xuanzang and Faxian are still alive, but wish to go to Russia to learn at their lotus feet instead of going south. Times change; habits don't.

Certainly not fantasy from the Internet. There are others who are better at that. One proof is your notes and messages.

Next to your learning, what can we do? or say? Nobody else in the world comes close to you. Particularly not in concoction of fairy tales and in dodging the question of the real statistics relating to aircraft performance, an issue that you have tried to dodge through four or five blatantly evasive posts.

Put up, or shut up.

1. Yes, we made an aeroplane in 33 years. We used technology that was rudimentary; we had the specifications changed more than a dozen times, and the process continues. We worked in the face of a technology denial environment that interrupted our work halfway through and illegally barred us from our own detailed specifications and working notes. Go to your famous Internet and check what happened when you wanted to make carbon copies of the MiG 21. Check how long it took you to make even a copy.
    As for large transport aircraft, making similar copies of the AN 12 without licensing would have been easy enough; we didn't, you did. Did you design your own refuelling aircraft? Or your own air warning and control aircraft?
  2. Have you got the statistics? A schoolboyish remark like "...All the aircraft crashed..." shows how seriously you need to be taken.
  3. LCA against the JF-17? Any day. You know nothing about either type, from that remark.
There is only one fool in this conversation, and I leave it to readers, including the most critical and hostile Pakistani readers, to decide who it is.
Well, don't talk too much. Tell me, what can be made in India? Even making a aircraft shell, also need material technology. To make a aircraft, there must be an aerial tanker. Just like India can finally make an aircraft carrier, but India should first make a large supply ship(At least 20000 tons).

India is a single product. China is an industrial system. Ignoring India needs to buy - parts, electronics, radar, engines, landing gear, missiles... India can't make qualified fighter planes for 33 years. Now you say you can make 1000 airplanes. Don't you think it's a joke?

Last edited:
Well, don't talk too much. Tell me, what can be made in India? Even making a aircraft shell, also need material technology. To make a aircraft, there must be an aerial tanker. Just like India can finally make an aircraft carrier, but India should first make a large supply ship.

India is a single product. China is an industrial system. Now you say you can make 1000 airplanes. Don't you think it's a joke?

You go first.

Tell us about the widely-publicised and readily available Chinese accident rate of its material technology, and its robust industrial system. Prove that you are not a joke, before you take things off at a tangent and talk of things far from the point under discussion.

To remind you, since you have a marvellously selective memory, the discussion is about the opacity of Chinese statistics about aircraft survival rates.

You go first.

Tell us about the widely-publicised and readily available Chinese accident rate of its material technology, and its robust industrial system. Prove that you are not a joke, before you take things off at a tangent and talk of things far from the point under discussion.

To remind you, since you have a marvellously selective memory, the discussion is about the opacity of Chinese statistics about aircraft survival rates.
http://mil.sohu.com/s2013/ywsgpd/

http://kengdie.com/101944/

https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/1174749489110456979.html

Unfortunately, you don't know, because it's all chinese, So the point is - what is made in India? Ignoring India needs to buy - parts, electronics, radar, engines, landing gear, missiles... India can't make qualified fighter planes for 33 years. Now you say you can make 1000 airplanes?

You go first.

So sorry, my material comes from chinese, and I need a lot of energy to translate. It's almost impossible to complete.
So let's explain briefly.

China crashed 1000 planes, but China can make 1000 aircraft. They include fighter planes, large transport planes, air tankers and AWACS aircraft. Just like China can make aircraft carriers, China also makes the first 50000 ton "903A" supply ship. Or eight 20000 ton "903" replenishment ships. Or four 20000 ton "071" landing ships. Or 14000 ton hospital ship.

This is a complete industrial system. It's not like a single product in India.

So, India crashes 1000 airplanes, India?

Last edited:
Well, don't talk too much.
we asked for one line statistical number and you dumped the entire garbage.
Simply provide the number and be done with.

http://mil.sohu.com/s2013/ywsgpd/

http://kengdie.com/101944/

https://zhidao.baidu.com/question/1174749489110456979.html

Unfortunately, you don't know, because it's all chinese, So the point is - what is made in India? Ignoring India needs to buy - parts, electronics, radar, engines, landing gear, missiles... India can't make qualified fighter planes for 33 years. Now you say you can make 1000 airplanes?

So sorry, my material comes from chinese, and I need a lot of energy to translate. It's almost impossible to complete.
So let's explain briefly.

China crashed 1000 planes, but China can make 1000 aircraft. They include fighter planes, large transport planes, air tankers and AWACS aircraft. Just like China can make aircraft carriers, China also makes the first 50000 ton "903A" supply ship. Or eight 20000 ton "903" replenishment ships. Or four 20000 ton "071" landing ships. Or 14000 ton hospital ship.

This is a complete industrial system. It's not like a single product in India.

So, India crashes 1000 airplanes, India?

He doesn't have the number, and that's why he's being evasive.

I hope I explained the point of view clearly and in simple terms. Can someone take him on in this battle of attrition? He's playing,"Let's see how long you can keep up with my moronic behaviour and deliberate avoidance of the subject." I don't play that.

western countries sabotage other countries but India sabotages its own assets.
Music from titanic :rofl:

Have you even read my posts? I will happily talk to you if you have, and if there is anything of worth and of interest that you have to say. Smart one-liners and other undergraduate stuff is simply boring, unless there is some wit going out with them.:D

He doesn't have the number, and that's why he's being evasive.

I hope I explained the point of view clearly and in simple terms. Can someone take him on in this battle of attrition? He's playing,"Let's see how long you can keep up with my moronic behaviour and deliberate avoidance of the subject." I don't play that.

Have you even read my posts? I will happily talk to you if you have, and if there is anything of worth and of interest that you have to say. Smart one-liners and other undergraduate stuff is simply boring, unless there is some wit going out with them.:D
I'm sure you've seen the link. So your opinion doesn't hold water. I didn't avoid your question, but I couldn't translate these chinese links.

But ridiculous, an agricultural country, or an illiterate country, can't even make a qualified fighter. But he thinks he can make 1000 airplanes.:-)

Back
Top Bottom