What's new

India not even close to where China was 5 years ago: Chinese daily

:flame::flame:

So much of *** burn, every day there is a thread that opens why india wont catch up, gdp is not correct, poverty,sanitation ....etc. All the pakistani, bangladesh, chinese trolls converge and start passing their vile crap all over the thread. Seems that is the only thing that unites them. Reminds me of gandhis quote,

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Mahatma Gandhi

You made good point. In terms of GDP figure, Indian may be able to get to where China is in 15 years, but things like life expectancy and other social indicators, Indian has a much longer way to go. When it comes to national psyche, India really has an even longer distance to cover. I remember what an Indian scholar said 18 years ago when comparing two nations: "India is an open society with closed mind, and China is a closed society with an open mind". Well, China is not a closed society anymore, but India still has a closed mind, worse, India seems going backwards in this regard in the past couple of years.

Sad, but so very true. I just hope with better infrastructure and better spending capacity in near and far future, people will spend better (education, sanitation etc.) and not on inflating an already inflated ego. Education is the key.. and by education I don't mean STEM.. I mean ability to think, reason and act prudently. But with division so deeply engraved in the society (not just over religious lines, but over castes, over states, over egos), it might just remain a hope.
Apologies, if I am coming off as a pessimist. I am not. It's just how I am feeling for last few days.

ha ha ha, the funny part is every Indian knows that we r a decade or 2 behind China, for a known matter a news publishing and a thread on pdf its just waste of time...

by be country western to us like this due to fear of India Rising. even in slow pace...

Sad, but so very true. I just hope with better infrastructure and better spending capacity in near and far future, people will spend better (education, sanitation etc.) and not on inflating an already inflated ego. Education is the key.. and by education I don't mean STEM.. I mean ability to think, reason and act prudently. But with division so deeply engraved in the society (not just over religious lines, but over castes, over states, over egos), it might just remain a hope.
Apologies, if I am coming off as a pessimist. I am not. It's just how I am feeling for last few days.

You maybe interested in reading this 18 years old article that published on LA Times. At that time, India and China were not as far away as it is today in terms of per capital GDP ($500 vs $360). Don't get me wrong, I wish the best for both China and India, I am just wondering what makes two countries in two different development stages today. I know many Indian friends would like to say that is because India started reform 15 years later than China, but I think the real cause is much deeper rooted.

How China Beat India in Race for Success------A 1997 Article That Predicted Today | Page 2

But ... Every Indian knows this... So, where's the news here?? It'll take about 15 years I guess..

Not to mention the huge challenge being a democracy!! It's much more easier in-case of unitary govt or monarchy etc

Another masterb*** thread by usual trolls @Oscar @waz @Irfan Baloch why don't you take action against this risingpower & Luca guy ,their every post or threads are intended to troll , most of Indians get ban when they start doing something like this , I never seen Luca or shining puwa contributing anything meaning full in there post or threads

But ... Every Indian knows this... So, where's the news here?? It'll take about 15 years I guess..

Not to mention the huge challenge being a democracy!! It's much more easier in-case of unitary govt or monarchy etc

Not every Indian. The editors at Economic Times apparently didn't know this.

"More than five years" is just being polite. 50 years is being candid. India is a big poor joke for Chinese.
We both are ancient civilizations. Even if it is 20 to 50 years- what is that in 5000 years of our existence? Sometime we are mired in number game and fail to see our potential.

"More than five years" is just being polite. 50 years is being candid. India is a big poor joke for Chinese.

Uh huh, that is why you are so obsessed with us.
Either way keep telling yourself more of that.
After all some people feel the need to keep nursing their superiority complex once in a while lest it shatter

India is already way ahead of China as India is a democracy. All the numbers put out by China are fabricated, and all the sky scrapers in China are empty. India is even ahead of the US, especially in GPS as Indian GPS is far more advanced. With Modi and his yoga moves, the world is indeed mesmerized by India

In attempting sarcasm, you spoke some truth otherwise speaking of truth is not the habit of you guys Mr. peaceful.

India went up to mars dear and how about china ........paper dragon

:flame::flame:

So much of *** burn, every day there is a thread that opens why india wont catch up, gdp is not correct, poverty,sanitation ....etc. All the pakistani, bangladesh, chinese trolls converge and start passing their vile crap all over the thread. Seems that is the only thing that unites them. Reminds me of gandhis quote,

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

Mahatma Gandhi

Would you stop misinterpreting Mr. Gandhi's brilliant remark? His "you" meant for those who are not you ;) For the likes of you, a more fitting idiom should be they ignore you, laugh at you, then you lose, and they laugh at you again... :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom