What's new

'India needs to resume medical, engineering scholarships to Afghan students'

Well history is not something I was good at besides pre exam mugging. But the Mauryan empire covered the whole of modern Afghanistan.

I know some Maharaja invaded Afghanistan recently as well.

That's 2 I know of.

Its pretty obvious Afghanistan was under Indic rule and control for vast swathes of time by the presence of Buddhist statues and caves there no? The ones which were blown up?

Mauryan -- did the Mauryan empire span Bactria -- I don't think so
Buddhism -- I don't think spread to Afghan by conquest -- but could be wrong on this point
Recent invasions by the Sikhs again never spanned Bactria

For people to have invaded and controlled Afghanistan the standard people use is if they controlled historical Bactria.

For example Babur, Temur and Alexander controlled all of historical Bactria (from what I know)

I propose either mergin Afghanistan and Pakistan back into India, along with Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, and Sri Lanka

OR

An EU type of economic bloc with a single currency, separate armies and laws and governements.

Why not merge Pakistan into Iran and Turkey -- we get to retain our Muslim culture

you can have Afghanistan lol

One thing I have learned from Afghans, they hate anyone doing armed/military keeda on their land. The Brits, the Soviets, the Americans, the Pakistanis.

You come in peace, to live there, to help, to visit, they are a big hearted people.

You do bandookbaaji keeda, they will not forget for generations.

India knows this. Which is why I believe we know and understand the Afghans a lot better than Pakistanis do. China knows it too. Ancient cultures have ancient understandings.

@Color_Less_Sky

You are mistaken bro, Afghanistan is not limited to Kabul, and rest of Afghanistan knows who stood beside them and took a bullet for them, who fought besides them. And that is something which can never be bought nor changed, no matter how ancient a culture or civilization.

Why not merge Pakistan into Iran and Turkey -- we get to retain our Muslim culture

you can have Afghanistan lol

Good point. Nothing absurd at all.

Pakistan is part pure Iranic and part pure Indic.

A cleavage down the middle , with both halves merging with their parent civilizations (Afghanistan is more Iranic than Indic as well, at a bloodline level, regardless of political control), will do wonders for peace in the area.

The problem there on the Iran side would be most of you are now Sunnis and most of them have been Shias for almost as long as they have been Muslim.

And Turkey, while historically a Persian vassal state for much of its history, is also Sunni now. And in the throes of its own form of Pan-Turk nationalism.

I have met a few Afghan students myself.

Not a single chick yet though. :(

I have a very basic question. Afghans are supposed to be these big huge fair pathans right? Kabul Express? But in real life why are they not very big, and definitely not very fair?

P.S. They pick up Hindi in no time.

As mentioned by some of the folks here, Afghans differ quite a bit in looks, physical stature depending on which region you come from. I have blondes in my family as wells as cousins who look like Mongolian :)

Beauty is subjective, I find Italians/Greeks with a bit darker skin more attractive then Swedish or Finnish blondes :)

Cheers

One thing I have learned from Afghans, they hate anyone doing armed/military keeda on their land. The Brits, the Soviets, the Americans, the Pakistanis.

You come in peace, to live there, to help, to visit, they are a big hearted people.

You do bandookbaaji keeda, they will not forget for generations.

India knows this. Which is why I believe we know and understand the Afghans a lot better than Pakistanis do. China knows it too. Ancient cultures have ancient understandings.

@Color_Less_Sky

Abay bahi apni DP change kar day may bore ho gya ho yeh tehra pose dekh dekh kay. Kuch naya ly k a ub bus

You are mistaken bro, Afghanistan is not limited to Kabul, and rest of Afghanistan knows who stood beside them and took a bullet for them, who fought besides them. And that is something which can never be bought nor changed, no matter how ancient a culture or civilization.

Sirji, they (Afghans) see you as part of OUR civilization incidentally.

Good point. Nothing absurd at all.

Pakistan is part pure Iranic and part pure Indic.

A cleavage down the middle , with both halves merging with their parent civilizations (Afghanistan is more Iranic than Indic as well, at a bloodline level, regardless of political control), will do wonders for peace in the area.

The problem there on the Iran side would be most of you are now Sunnis and most of them have been Shias for almost as long as they have been Muslim.

And Turkey, while historically a Persian vassal state for much of its history, is also Sunni now. And in the throes of its own form of Pan-Turk nationalism.

Well it was meant as a tongue in cheek response - as long as there is a Mullah regime in Iran.

Can't speak for all of Pakistanis but I don't think any part of Pakistan or Pakistanis would want to return merge with India. The trajectory seem to be more towards the Muslim world - an example is the common dialects of Hindi and Urdu seem to have moved in opposite directions.

Which Afghans?

The ones I know. Students. Bacche.

Well it was meant as a tongue in cheek response - as long as there is a Mullah regime in Iran.

Can't speak for all of Pakistanis but I don't think any part of Pakistan or Pakistanis would want to return merge with India. The trajectory seem to be more towards the Muslim world - an example is the common dialects of Hindi and Urdu seem to have moved in opposite directions.

I got the tongue in cheek part. Its the internet. We can float theories all we like.

You say your trajectory is west. West you have two hostile states. So I assume you mean even more west , probably into the Arabian peninsula?

I got the tongue in chek part. Its the internet. We can float theories all we like.

You say your trajectory is west. West you have two hostile states. So I asume you means even more west , probably into the Arabian peninsula?

By West I meant Iran Turkey Gulf -- not West West as in Europe/US

Again civilization boundaries are transient -- but I think the large exchange of population with gulf (migrant workers), the state's Islamization agenda, the hard border with India and India's saffron spin have for now dislocated Pakistan.

Khuda Hafiz has become Allah Hafiz.

Iran is not a hostile state - it's just an opaque state - though that may change as the region is going through rapid re-alignment.

Further I don't think the Mullah regime in Iran is sustainable

And the ones I know sit outside a tandoor (clay oven run on gas) every night for bread, and those are the real Afghans who fight and remember who did what. The ones you are referring to would happily take the first available opportunity for asylum.

Yar ajj serious discussion ka koi mood nahi hai bahi......................

And the ones I know sit outside a tandoor (clay oven run on gas) every night for bread, and those are the real Afghans who fight and remember who did what. The ones you are referring to would happily take the first available opportunity for asylum.

Yar ajj serious discussion ka koi mood nahi hai bahi......................

yar have you met any real Afghans -- here is a quote by Mullah Zaeef who was the Taliban Ambassador to Pakistan -- (apparently a Pakistan puppet)

Mulla Abdul Salam Zaeef(Afghan ambassador to Pakistan before the US invasion of Afghanistan) said “Pakistanis can get milk even from a bull. They have two tongues in one mouth, and two faces on one head so they can speak everybody’s language; they use everybody, deceive everybody. They deceive the Arabs by using the name of Islam, they milk America in war against terrorism and they have been deceiving Pakistanis in the name of Kashmiris, but behind the curtain they have been betraying everyone".

-- Pakistanis are hated by the depth and breadth of Afghan society.

yar have you met any real Afghans -- here is a quote by Mullah Zaeef who was the Taliban Ambassador to Pakistan -- (apparently a Pakistan puppet)

Mulla Abdul Salam Zaeef(Afghan ambassador to Pakistan before the US invasion of Afghanistan) said “Pakistanis can get milk even from a bull. They have two tongues in one mouth, and two faces on one head so they can speak everybody’s language; they use everybody, deceive everybody. They deceive the Arabs by using the name of Islam, they milk America in war against terrorism and they have been deceiving Pakistanis in the name of Kashmiris, but behind the curtain they have been betraying everyone".

-- Pakistanis are hated by the depth and breadth of Afghan society.

Party I have lived with them, and hell no its Northern Alliance and its supporters that hate Pakistan. Afghanistan as I said already is not limited to Kabul, have you heard world crying "Quetta Shoora" and "Peshawar Shoora". Do you even know who Haqqanis are fighting alongside Taliban?

Afghans here in Pakistan are two types ones who live in Bungalows and ones who live in slums.

Party I have lived with them, and hell no its Northern Alliance and its supporters that hate Pakistan. Afghanistan as I said already is not limited to Kabul, have you heard world crying "Quetta Shoora" and "Peshawar Shoora". Do you even know who Haqqanis are fighting alongside Taliban?

Afghans here in Pakistan are two types ones who live in Bungalows and ones who live in slums.

Mullah Zaeef is Northern Alliance? -- He was the Taliban's Ambassador to Pakistan

The "ABC/BBC/ARD national public opinion poll in Afghanistan" -- which is not limited to Kabul found that 91% of Afghans have an unfavorable view of Pakistan. That is a polite way of saying they hate Pakistanis.

Last edited:
That was really really harsh to the Afghan people.
Afghanistan was nothing before Jihad. Go look at their history. No body destroyed anything, they destroyed it themselves. However, you don't shyt and eat in the same bowl, maybe in India that is the norm. We represent Pakistan and care only for Pakistan. If that means bombing Afghanistan or helping it with money, we will do it.

Back
Top Bottom