What's new

'India needs to resume medical, engineering scholarships to Afghan students'

Aaaapmissing the. Maine do do DP bhi badle. Kuch maza nahin aaya, to fir waapis meri darling.

Johty admi........................ ubi badlo zara................. ub to to tumhara imaginary character bhi mayry zehn may yehi dp ho gai hai.

Where in the article does it say that Babur's father was Turkish? (in my quick scan I didn't find a reference)

It does however say:
1. Although Babur hailed from the Barlas tribe which was of Mongol origin
2. Babur was born on February 14 [O.S. ] 1483[14] in the city of Andijan, Andijan Province, Fergana Valley, contemporary Uzbekistan. He was the eldest son of Umar Sheikh Mirza,[15] ruler of the Fergana Valley, the son of Abū Saʿīd Mirza (and grandson of Miran Shah, who was himself son of Timur)
Babur's father Omar Seikh Mirza was a direct descendant of Timur Lang who was a Chagtai Turk by origin.Hence Babur was Turkish from his father's side.Again,his mother Kutlu-Nigar-Khannum was a direct descendant of Chengiz Khan and hence he inherited Mongol heritage from his mother's side.In reality Babur was a Persianized Turco-Mongol and his mother tongue was Turkic.This has been proved due to the fact that Babur wrote his autobiography Tuzukh-i-Baburi/Baburnama in Turkic language:coffee:.

Babur's father Omar Seikh Mirza was a direct descendant of Timur Lang who was a Chagtai Turk by origin.Hence Babur was Turkish from his father's side.Again,his mother Kutlu-Nigar-Khannum was a direct descendant of Chengiz Khan and hence he inherited Mongol heritage from his mother's side.In reality Babur was a Persianized Turco-Mongol and his mother tongue was Turkic.This has been proved due to the fact that Babur wrote his autobiography Tuzukh-i-Baburi/Baburnama in Turkic language:coffee:.

If you look at Baburs family tree both his father and mother are descendents of Gengis Khan. see below (from Wikipedia):

Babur's_ancestors.PNG

Turkish generally means you are from Anatolia -- I think people are confusing the speaking of Turkic or being racially Turko-Mongol with being Turkish.

So at least from what I can tell - no Babur was not Turkish

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom