What's new

'India needs to resume medical, engineering scholarships to Afghan students'

There is no fake but the main Punjabi belt, for instance People from Multan they are also Punjabi but saraiki. I had many thankless Afghans in my Uni they were pretty average or even below average compared to our Pushtoons and Punjabis.

I thought Afghans = Pushtoons ?

One thing I have learned from Afghans, they hate anyone doing armed/military keeda on their land. The Brits, the Soviets, the Americans, the Pakistanis.

You come in peace, to live there, to help, to visit, they are a big hearted people.

You do bandookbaaji keeda, they will not forget for generations.

India knows this. Which is why I believe we know and understand the Afghans a lot better than Pakistanis do. China knows it too. Ancient cultures have ancient understandings.

@Color_Less_Sky

Aheem, bhaan ji, forgive me but weren't Afghans invaders who invaded India a lot? Destroyed a lot of Mandirs and caused a lot of mayhem? And, btw, Afghans seem to be very proud of their invading forefathers.

Not very peace loving, hmmm?

Then you are :crazy:, just as India has their side of Punjabis so does Pakistan, Just as Iran has Balochis same is the case with Pakistan same goes for Pushtoons as well.

Aheem, bhaan ji, forgive me but weren't Afghans invaders who invaded India a lot? Destroyed a lot of Mandirs and caused a lot of mayhem? And, btw, Afghans seem to be very proud of their invading forefathers.

Not very peace loving, hmmm?

No. Afghans were the ones who got invaded first. Then converted. Then became the invaders. Like the Persians before them. And their Turko-Mongol satraps, the Mughals.

Afghanistan is a multiethnic society. The population of the country is divided into a wide variety of ethnolinguistic groups. The ethnic groups of the country are as follow: Pashtun,Tajik, Hazara, Uzbek, Aimak, Turkmen, Baloch, Pashai, Nuristani, Gujjar, Arab, Brahui, Pamiri and some others.

US_Army_ethnolinguistic_map_of_Afghanistan_--_circa_2001-09.jpg

Then you are :crazy:, just as India has their side of Punjabis so does Pakistan, Just as Iran has Balochis same is the case with Pakistan same goes for Pushtoons as well.

Arre I know you have Pushtoons also. I meant when you said only the Pushtoon Afghans were fair and good looking, I was asking was there a different kind of Afghan, who was not Pushtoon?

P.S. Oh ok, Sam has elaborated. Thank you Sam ji.

No. Afghans were the ones who got invaded first. Then converted. Then became the invaders. Like the Persians before them. And their Turko-Mongol satraps, the Mughals.
So the Afghans were invaded first by the Indians so they then Invaded India (?) [Hint: sarcasm]

So the Afghans were invaded first by the Indians so they then Invaded India (?) [Hint: sarcasm]

The Afghans were invaded by mainland India, and colonized many times. No sarcasm.

The Afghans have always been a cusp people between the Persian and Hindu civilizations historically.

The invasion I was referring to however was from the west.

Arre I know you have Pushtoons also. I meant when you said only the Pushtoon Afghans were fair and good looking, I was asking was there a different kind of Afghan, who was not Pushtoon?

P.S. Oh ok, Sam has elaborated. Thank you Sam ji.
Posted map too and sure mate.

Actually you may be right on this [No sarcasm]

Do you have a summary of the Indian invasions of Afghanistan?

Well history is not something I was good at besides pre exam mugging. But the Mauryan empire covered the whole of modern Afghanistan.

I know some Maharaja invaded Afghanistan recently as well.

That's 2 I know of.

Its pretty obvious Afghanistan was under Indic rule and control for vast swathes of time by the presence of Buddhist statues and caves there no? The ones which were blown up?

Sad to see so much hate being spewed against each other but we forget we as afghans, pakistanis, and indians are here to stay whether we like each other not... you cant choose neighbors, can you ? The more you hate each other the worst it gets. But it does make life a bit easier if you focus on the bigger picture on fixing our neighborhood and and bringing our people out of misery.

Afghans can call Pakistanis as traitors, while Pakistan can say them same for Afghans, the same goes for Indians, but does it solve anything ? Does it solve the problems of millions that live in poverty and get slaughtered everyday ??

Its time to be inclusive , and this logic of " We represent Pakistan and care only for Pakistan. If that means bombing Afghanistan or helping it with money, we will do it. " doesnt work if your neighborhood is in chaos you cant have peace in your house either!!

Sad to see so much hate being spewed against each other but we forget we as afghans, pakistanis, and indians are here to stay whether we like each other not... you cant choose neighbors, can you ? The more you hate each other the worst it gets. But it does make life a bit easier if you focus on the bigger picture on fixing our neighborhood and and bringing our people out of misery.

Afghans can call Pakistanis as traitors, while Pakistan can say them same for Afghans, the same goes for Indians, but does it solve anything ? Does it solve the problems of millions that live in poverty and get slaughtered everyday ??

Its time to be inclusive , and this logic of " We represent Pakistan and care only for Pakistan. If that means bombing Afghanistan or helping it with money, we will do it. " doesnt work if your neighborhood is in chaos you cant have peace in your house either!!

I propose either mergin Afghanistan and Pakistan back into India, along with Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Myanmar, and Sri Lanka

OR

An EU type of economic bloc with a single currency, separate armies and laws and governements.

@Donatello : As an analyst I thought you should be more inclusive :) As Ashraf Ghani said " I'm hopeful that we will have sufficient wisdom not to sink, but swim together."

/ peace

Back
Top Bottom