What's new

If public transport is stopped, lakhs of people will join the rally on foot: Khulna BNP

bluesky

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh

If public transport is stopped, lakhs of people will join the rally on foot: Khulna BNP
FE Online Desk | Published: October 20, 2022, 10:42:22

Leaders at a press conference at BNP's KD Ghosh Road party office in Khulna on Wednesday afternoon. Leaders at a press conference at BNP's KD Ghosh Road party office in Khulna on Wednesday afternoon.

The leaders of BNP commented that lakhs of people will join the Khulna divisional mass meeting even if the transport owners stop the vehicles. News from bdnews24.com.
Company Service Providers in Malta EUvisit ncmbmalta.com/ to learn more www.ncmbmalta.com>

Khulna district BNP convenor Amir Ejaz Khan said on Wednesday afternoon, "No matter how many obstacles come, vehicles are stopped, even on foot, lakhs of people will gather in this rally on Saturday."
Business & Legal Firm in Djibouti visit sablistisharat.com/ to learn more www.sablistisharat.com>

A divisional mass meeting of BNP is scheduled to be held next Saturday at Sonali Bank square between Dakbanglo and Ferighat intersection of Khulna city. They have already received permission for the assembly.

Meanwhile, the District Bus-Minibus Owners Association has decided to stop all types of buses plying in Khulna on Friday and Saturday. Khulna Motor Sramik Union also expressed solidarity with the decision.

The leaders of BNP are looking at the decision to stop the bus service in Khulna as a 'conspiracy of the government ahead of the departmental mass meeting. The leaders said this in a press conference at the KD Ghosh Road party office of BNP in Khulna on Wednesday afternoon.

Shamsuzzaman Dudu, Central Vice Chairman of BNP and Chief Coordinator of Khulna Divisional Mass Rally Implementation Committee, said in the press conference, "Our party chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia is under house arrest. Meanwhile, the government is looting the country. The people of the country are infuriated by this. We are holding this rally for the liberation of the people of the country."

“Under pressure from the government, the Transport Owners Association has announced the suspension of bus services. You know, people used to walk to Mecca and perform Hajj. Our leaders and activists will join the rally on foot if needed.”

He urged the transport owners and workers of Khulna not to create any obstacle in this logical movement of BNP.

At that time, the BNP leader claimed that the activists are being arrested ahead of the rally.

Khulna Nagar BNP convenor Shafiqul Alam Mana said that the leaders and activists of 10 districts will gather here. More people will gather in Khulna than Chittagong and Mymensingh.

"Vehicles stopped in protest of Nasimon-Karimon traffic on the road"

In the morning, General Secretary of Khulna Motor Workers Union Zakir Hossain Biplab informed the journalists about the decision to stop vehicles on all routes on Friday and Saturday.

However, the labor union leader could not give a direct answer to the question why it was decided to stop the bus.

However, Khulna District Bus-Minibus-Coach-Microbus Owners' Association stated the reason for the bus stop at noon.

Khulna District Bus-Minibus-Coach-Microbus Owners' Association Sonadanga Chief Time Controller signed a press release at 12 noon said that an emergency meeting of the association was held on Wednesday at 11 am. It was attended by the officers of the association, the leaders of the labor unions, and the owners.

"It was said in the meeting that Nasimon, Karimon, Mahendra, Easybike and BRTC vehicles are operating illegally on the roads and highways in defiance of the High Court decision. If the administration does not close the counters of illegal Nasimon, Karimon, Mahendra, Easybike and BRTC by October 20, all the routes of the Owners' Association will be closed on October 21 and 22."

Happy to see this BNP shill is not even pretending to be impartial anymore.

Seeing opposition groups gathering momentum, the BAL leadership under Hasina Bibi has become more like a mad dog.

Let the BAL party and Hasina test the depth of water in the next election. In one such previous election, Hasina contested in four seats. She won in her father’s seat, but lost all three. Even in her husband’s area in Rangpur.

People should not expect more this time for their most popular leader, although I sympathize with them.

Happy to see this BNP shill is not even pretending to be impartial anymore.
Perhaps you didn't read the news that even when public transport was closed , still huge number of people came to ctg and Mymensing!

So nothing wrong with this news! Remember may 2013? Same case happened when people came to join them , although govt closed transportation?

Ideology can't be blocked by closing anything buddy.

An ideology can't be destroyed. However BAL successfully nurtured opposition by suppressing them.

Now they got green signal and showing their power!

I hope the goons get a beating.

No time for so called democracy.

BD must focus on exports.
Yes no democracy I agree too! But no more BAL dynasty as well!

If we need dictatorship , then it's either military dictatorship , or govt with technocrat head!

They are way better than BAL!

Last edited:
Perhaps you didn't read the news that even when public transport was closed , still huge number of people came to ctg and Mymensing!

So nothing wrong with this new! Remember may 2013? Same case happened when people came to join them , although govt closed transportation?

Ideology can't be blocked by closing anything buddy.

An ideology can't be destroyed. However BAL successfully nurtured opposition by suppressing them.

Now they got green signal and showing their power!

Yes no democracy I agree too! But no more BAL dynasty as well!

If we need dictatorship , then it's either military dictatorship , or govt with technocrat head!

They are way better than BAL!

I have zero problems with BNP or opposition gatherings, I have problems with people pretending to to independent commentators, when they actually have a party agenda.

Seeing opposition groups gathering momentum, the BAL leadership under Hasina Bibi has become more like a mad dog.

Let the BAL party and Hasina test the depth of water in the next election. In one such previous election, Hasina contested in four seats. She won in her father’s seat, but lost all three. Even in her husband’s area in Rangpur.

People should not expect more this time for their most popular leader, although I sympathize with them.

Pukur Churi kortey kortey jei moja paisey, ta ki shohojey chharbey! Mad Dog kahini to shobey shuru....

Pukur Churi kortey kortey jei moja paisey, ta ki shohojey chharbey! Mad Dog kahini to shobey shuru....
Yes, you are right. But, it is also true for Begum Zia. She is not unhappy in jail knowing that his Dear Son Tareque is super rich whose house rent in London is about $20,000 per month.

This is what I heard. Someone can correct me.

Can someone testify that Tareque is earning money in London by working or doing business? So, where his money comes from? I can remember a time when Begum Zia went to Mecca to perform Umrao Hajj. She took 54 suitcases full of something. It is true that after this event, the Taka value fell from 68 to 72 for a dollar.

Bad people said it was dollars her agents bought that she took with her. No wonder that Tareque lives like a KIng. And I mostly dislike his offensive words against Sk. Mujib. Mujib is not his class and even Zia never uttered a single word of insult against him.

Anyway, this is our Golden Bangladesh. You cannot ask a group of foxes to guard your hens, and all our bureaucrats and politicians are a group of low-breed thieves.

We are just a group of hens. The thieves regularly steal money for their personal benefit. I wish Fakhruddin-type of administrator keeps on coming, and establish a proper anti-corruption system.

1666437421835.png

Not everyone thinks like our great economist @UKBengali ( according to @PadmaBridge ) that Bangladesh is a big player , a rich nation and we don't need other people , because we are self reliant; even nowadays police ( league?) doesn't believe on the great economic theory that can receive a Nobel prize! What a waste!

(এখানে বিএনপি নেতা-কর্মীরা পুলিশের সাথে সংঘর্ষে জড়িয়ে পড়ে।
যদিও উর্দ্ধতন কর্মকর্তাদের হস্তক্ষেপে সংঘর্ষ বেশিদূর গড়ায়নি।
কর্মকর্তারা পুলিশের সদস্যদেরই সংঘর্ষে জড়ানো থেকে নিবৃত্ত করেন।)

Last edited:
বিএনপির সমাবেশের আগে গণপরিবহন বন্ধ করে দেয়ার জন্য শেখ হাসিনাকে ধন্যবাদ। এতে দুইটা লাভ হলো। বিএনপির কর্মীরা কতখানি স্পিরিটেড এইটাও বুঝা গেলো আর গনপরিবহনের শ্রমিকেরা ডিউটি না থাকায় দলে দলে জনসভায় যোগ দিতে পারলো। গণপরিবহনের শ্রমিকেরাও তো জাতীয়তাবাদী সর্বহারা দলের সমর্থক। তাদের জনসমাবেশে যেতে হবেনা?

Google translation -

Thanks to Sheikh Hasina for stopping public transport before the BNP rally.It has two advantages.

It was clear that how spirited the BNP workers were and the public transport workers could join the public meeting in droves as they were off duty. Public transport workers are also supporters of the Nationalist Proletariat. Shouldn't they go to public?

Courtesy - Mr Pinaky Bhattacharya ( FB status) .

Back
Top Bottom