What's new

Idea for Overseas Pakistanis

switch it around pakistani s in uk or usa need aid, would pakistan come to rescue or find a way to fund their own accounts.

This is an impractical idea for a myriad of reasons. For starters, a 2017 estimate by government of Pakistan puts the overseas population to 8.8 million only. Do people really think that every family member who is settled overseas will be able to afford $2000 per year for 5 years? Most of Pakistan's diaspora is in middle east and they work in low income jobs. Will they be able to afford this sum every year? Will Pakistan be able to resolve its perennial current account deficit and not find itself with net new debt situation after 5 years?

This is unrestrained populism and nothing more. :pop:

The same could be done if 100 million Pakistani gave $200 a year in tax towards debt relief. Heck make it $100 and spread it over 10 years.

It's not impossible, $100 is ~20,000 PKR.

Problem is that we don't create the jobs and we don't pay the high enough salaries for people to be paying those sort of income taxes.

This country is incredibly hard working yet incredibly under productive due to huge mismanagement at the top level.

This is an impractical idea for a myriad of reasons. For starters, a 2017 estimate by government of Pakistan puts the overseas population to 8.8 million only. Do people really think that every family member who is settled overseas will be able to afford $2000 per year for 5 years? Most of Pakistan's diaspora is in middle east and they work in low income jobs. Will they be able to afford this sum every year? Will Pakistan be able to resolve its perennial current account deficit and not find itself with net new debt situation after 5 years?

This is unrestrained populism and nothing more. :pop:
I dont think it was meant to be taken seriously. Although bonds with a decent return would have been a good option.

Problem is as someone mentioned earlier, we keep spending beyond our means. one set of debt is cleared, another is created.

In other words: send us your hard earned money, we dont want correct things at home.
Overseas Pakistanis better stay away from the thing called Pakistan.
And yeah, how about Pakistan sending money to overseas Pakistanis? Baap k nokar hain tumhary ya paisy chapnay ki machine hain ham? Kam kerty hain tu paisy milty hain. I myself do a 9 hours daily duty to earn the money the Pakistan wants for free.
I understand. I work 10 hr shifts plus study to make ends meet.
But read what I wrote completely. I didn’t agree with what was posted on Twitter.

Just came across this on Twitter and didn’t think it would be fair for overseas Pakistanis to bailout Pakistan for the mistakes of Pakistanis and get nothing in return by disrespect by pdm and it’s supporters and getting called foreign agents.

However, I had an idea.

The government can get overseas Pakistanis to give Qarz e Hasna (interest free loan) to government so it can pay off these international loans. At least gov won’t have to pay high interest then and won’t be blackmailed over loans.
Personally for me I would be happy giving a huge sum as Qarz e Hasna to gov in dollars because I won’t need that money for years from now. Many overseas Pakistanis can do the same. Instead of money sitting around in my bank account here I can give loans as much as I can to gov.
But it would require gov to guarantee we would get our money back in the future and in the currency we gave them (not rupees).
This is still cheaper for Pakistan since it won’t have to pay billions in interest yearly and won’t be blackmailed by other countries.

Why don’t overseas Pakistanis build mega projects in Pakistan?
For example for like a dam, the government of Pakistan can create a company that will own the dam and put its stocks on international markets while overseas Pakistanis buy those stocks and directly invest to improve Pakistan. Since it will be a stock, gov of pak will pay the shareholders their share.
The same can be for railways, highways, dams, refineries, factories etc.

Overseas Pakistanis have money and invest in Pakistan but invest in plots which causes more harm then good.

If government supports and promotes we can get overseas Pakistanis to build and invest in mega projects in Pakistan. We can build our own cpec.

Overseas Pakistanis just need guarantees their INVESTMENT is safe. If we get that trust me Pakistan will be flooded with many billions. I myself would invest majority of my money in Pakistan if I have a guarantee that investment is safe meaning no corruption no fraud no looting no giving me worthless rupees for my hard earned dollars etc.
Anyone who is quoting me, read everything I wrote. I don’t agree with the tweet that we should give free aid to Pakistan. I’m against aid. I presented an idea of how we can invest to build Pakistan and get a return on it.
Read what I wrote completely.

(Btw I’m a overseas Pakistani working 10 hr shifts barely making ends meet I know how hard even $2k is)

I dont think it was meant to be taken seriously. Although bonds with a decent return would have been a good option.

Problem is as someone mentioned earlier, we keep spending beyond our means. one set of debt is cleared, another is created.
The Roshan account with its Naya Pakistan certificate is what you are talking about, no? Even at a steep interest of 7% (on a USD account), it is still cheaper than market borrowing for Pakistan's exchequer. This scheme is similar to the FCNR account that was introduced by India in the early part of last decade. It will eventually be subject to saturation of net inflow. Not a bad trick nevertheless and certainly not a new idea. :pop:

Offer investment bonds to overseas Pakistani in dollars pounds and euros.
People will invest.
However I will give nothing to the choors. And stealing is part of the desi culture and religion. Yes religion because if they were Muslims they wouldn't steal in the 1st place. They worship money literally

How about reforming the economy first and then start begging. I have sent about 5k euros this year alone, and i dont have any close family members living in Pakistan, just uncles cousins and some childhood friends. People who have familes back in Pakistan can easily send 20k per year. Where are those money? Everybody knows the answer.

How about Pakistanis just pay their taxes?
Why always the begging from others?

**** no. all of those money will go into the pockets of PPP and PMLN or those corrupt generals living in DHA with their burger family

The government can get overseas Pakistanis to give Qarz e Hasna (interest free loan) to government so it can pay off these international loans. At least gov won’t have to pay high interest then and won’t be blackmailed over loans.
Personally for me I would be happy giving a huge sum as Qarz e Hasna to gov in dollars because I won’t need that money for years from now. Many overseas Pakistanis can do the same. Instead of money sitting around in my bank account here I can give loans as much as I can to gov.

Who pays the overseas Pakistanis ?

Just came across this on Twitter and didn’t think it would be fair for overseas Pakistanis to bailout Pakistan for the mistakes of Pakistanis and get nothing in return by disrespect by pdm and it’s supporters and getting called foreign agents.

However, I had an idea.

But it would require gov to guarantee we would get our money back in the future and in the currency we gave them (not rupees).
This is still cheaper for Pakistan since it won’t have to pay billions in interest yearly and won’t be blackmailed by other countries.

For example for like a dam, the government of Pakistan can create a company that will own the dam and put its stocks on international markets while overseas Pakistanis buy those stocks and directly invest to improve Pakistan. Since it will be a stock, gov of pak will pay the shareholders their share.

Overseas Pakistanis have money and invest in Pakistan but invest in plots which causes more harm then good.

If government supports and promotes we can get overseas Pakistanis to build and invest in mega projects in Pakistan. We can build our own cpec.

Overseas Pakistanis just need guarantees their INVESTMENT is safe. If we get that trust me Pakistan will be flooded with many billions. I myself would invest majority of my money in Pakistan if I have a guarantee that investment is safe meaning no corruption no fraud no looting no giving me worthless rupees for my hard earned dollars etc.

That is not good idea as pakistani decision makers are corrupt lethargic hypocrite of highest order. If OP did bailed out(which I highly doubt is they can financially) They will start accumulating debt again. As now even their godly army chief have also started begging openly, a tradition im sure his successors will follow.

Lets start with Voting rights, dedicated queues on airport for overseas Pakistanis, dedicated desks at Nadra, Police Stations, Passport center and other major facilities, minimum 5 seats for Overseas Pakistanis in NA, Moreover, should offer lucrative interest rates for the investment and above all priority access to justice for any pending cases.

Funny how this ‘ali Muhammad khan’ sahb did not implement this when they were in power……kursi chali gai ab qarza yad agta, pehle khud imf k pas deal ker rahay thay

Do not pay a penny until the system is totally cleansed and these old fucks disappear completely

Otherwise money end up in their personal accounts

He was not part of the govt, you are confusing him with another Ali Muhammad Khan.

However, I had an idea.

Here is my advice:

Get a more professional name: PTI sounds retarded.

PTI should be renamed to MDP "Muslim Democratic Party."

Commited to Islam and democracy in Pakistan.

2) Do certain deals with China to save the Pakistani economy.

Say we will repay after China after 20 years or something like that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom