What's new

I hope Trump bans Pakistani visas: Imran Khan

his intention is good, but should not have said that in crude way. instead he should have advised people to acquire knowledge to return to the country, for their country needs them the most. hard life here but struggle here for democracy and rule of law etc.

Many have returned back to help Pakistan with knowledge gained in USA. Here is just one I remember

CSI Lahore: U.S. forensics big shot comes home to help Pakistan

r

By Katharine Houreld | LAHORE, PAKISTAN

As one of America's top forensic scientists, Mohammad Tahir uncovered evidence that helped jail boxer Mike Tyson for rape, convict serial killer John Wayne Gacy and clear doctor Sam Sheppard of murdering his wife.

Then Tahir took on his toughest assignment yet – applying his skills in Pakistan, a poor nation of 180 million people beset by crime and militancy.

But catching criminals is not Tahir's biggest problem. It's working with the country's antiquated criminal justice system.

The very notion of producing evidence is a newfangled concept for many involved in law enforcement in Pakistan. Cases often rely on witnesses who are easily bribed or intimidated. Terrorism and murder suspects usually walk free.
http://in.reuters.com/article/us-pakistan-crime-forensics-idINKBN0KY0Z320150125

See....Pakistanis living in US are trying hard to do something for Pakistan in US - culture events etc while Pakistani leaders are spouting nonsense...This is very discouraging for Pakistanis living in US...

No Pakistani living abroad (US) will ever agree to that...

My Pleasure, sir.

Well...It is your country and your policy...

But I don't think so that general public of US wants to ban Pakistanis too?
They donot support him or the ban but its not upto them they are highly qualified but they are stereotyped as terrorist by Trump and his like minded folks

They'll have to overhaul the electoral system for that. If he does well, trust me, the rust belt states and the mid West etc who propelled him into power are not going to let go of him.
Electoral college benefits Republicans they will never change that system

They donot support him or the ban but its not upto them they are highly qualified but they are stereotyped as terrorist by Trump and his like minded folks

I will prefer his verbal venom than concrete action...Statements are just for political purposes...We hope and pray that Pakistani americans don't get affected and for that...Our stupid foreign office needs to come out and start operating in field...

Why are the Pakistanis waiting for Trump to do something like this? There is nothing preventing Pakistan itself banning its citizens for applying for US or other visas. Let their pride take the first step, if indeed that is what they wish to do.

Because that would be a direct breach of basic human rights and a blow to diplomacy? Do you even think before posting your typical diatribes?

Because that would be a direct breach of basic human rights and a blow to diplomacy? Do you even think before posting your typical diatribes?
He doesnot care he is a narcissistic to him what matters is winning by beating the other guy to submission he doesnot believe im diplomacy

Well MY US Visa expires next year in april, i don't mind if Trump bans Pakistanis as well, but i doubt he would go to that extent, but i'm sure enough he would not ban Citizens of the Countries where he has business dealings/Properties....
He's a Ultranationalist mean machine...

I love Imran Khan for such kind of couragous statments. He is right, hope US bans us so traitors will not be able to flee the country whenever they are brought to justice.

Traitors will go to Dubai, Uk etc.....I m wondering how this statement can be justified? Thats so stupid and needles statement...No politician of any country came up with such remarks...

US will never ban Pakistanis offcially..I m sure about that because that will complicate the already complicated relationship we have with US...We both need each other in different issues...

Pakistan have friends in US administration...I don't want to see common Pakistanis living in US suffer...

Talk is cheap...Anyone (politician can do) but people suffer....

He will not ban Pakistanis..He said that..

This statement can never be justified...Extremely pathetic statement....Pride is good but not that much in this complicated world...We need each other in this world...

Lets ask Americans if they want to ban Pakistanis...;)

@Providence @Hamartia Antidote @gambit

I oppose this measure in principle actually. Hamartia made a good point but I would like to disagree with him. US was pretty safe from terror attacks all the while Europe went into turmoil in last couple of years !

His measure would have been valid if we had a similar situation like France et al.

As for his supporters, they don't care as long as some countries are getting banned. They think it would suddenly lead to jobs which is just bs.

What we need is lots of education reforms and make private universities more within reach of construction workers, daily wage earners etc. What made America great was the confidence with which we pioneered breakthrough innovations in every field we ventured out during the 60s, 70s and 80s. It all came on the backs of a large pool of college degree holders !

Last edited:
Wow...Foreigners are opposing ban on Muslims while this jerk is proposing ban......Imran...Stay out of my country...You are insane...

He doesnot care he is a narcissistic to him what matters is winning by beating the other guy to submission he doesnot believe im diplomacy

Nah he's just a typically pretentious 'holier than thou' guy who, in his desperate attempts to placate his insecurities, has to always resort to ludicrous posts putting down everything that is Pakistani. He runs away when challenged.

Back
Top Bottom