What's new

How will Nasr's Neutron warhead neutralize advancing enemy columns...

Lead is used but how thick layer...do you have any idea and there is something called saturation.,,,once the metal gets saturated, the radiations can pass through.

Neutron bombs also have a nuclear explosion, a little mushroom cloud and intense heat radiation too.
Some will die immediately especially the ones very close the centre of the blast and rest will be immediately will be disabled and die later but won't be able to do anything else other suffer with extreme pain and feel burnt. I would think the ones closer to the point of impact to be luckier than those are farther away.

Neutrons can cause induced radioactivity in stable nuclii and in long run that is more lethal than saturation effect. But then these are all long run scenarios. Total time of a ERW neutron flux is in micro seconds.

Goal of a ERW design is to minimize heat and shockwave. Most of the energy goes into neutron flux and gamma radiation because you want to maximize human deaths. If you want thermal and shock waves, a conventional fission based design will do. Surely people who are very near to the blast will get instant death but then ERWs are effective because they can kill people using radiation in a wider area. Also remember that both shockwave intensity and thermal 'fireball' have their energy spread in accordance to inverse cubic law so effects decay much faster. Lastly, people have suffered more than lethal radiation but still have lived for few days before succumbing to the damage. Look at the deamon core accident. And no, Gamma radiation and neutron dont exactly cause disability but sure death in about 3 days to a week.

As much as I understand, and I may be wrong, goal of a Pakistani war planner will be to stop an advancing column of tanks. For that they are more likely to use small sub-kiloton fission based bombs - like of which India and Pakistan tested in 1998 in their later tests. ERWs have a totally different role. Usually when you want to occupy a city or industrial area later so you dont want to blow up the infrastructure.

The only thing that we have committed to -- Internationally is that we will
NOT test a Nuclear weapon

But in today' s times you dont have to test

All such experiments are done in labs and on super computers

The designs are constantly checked ; refined and improved

All the people who were involved in Pokhran 2 have retired

18 years have passed since 1998

A new Generation has taken over and they have
not only learnt but also improved the Art and science of making these weapons

Correct me if I am wrong, if you are having a weapon of last resort, you will want it to work and possibly you will also want you enemy to know that it will work so that they don't push you into corner. What we have right now is a weapon design whose reliability has been called into question. And on top of that if you want to assert that you have possibly more advanced design like ERW, then, well someone may just call your bluff.

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong, if you are having a weapon of last resort, you will want it to work and possibly you will also want you enemy to know that it will work so that they don't push you into corner. What we have right now is a weapon design whose reliability has been called into question. And on top of that if you want to assert that you have possibly more advanced design like ERW, then, well someone may just call your bluff.

You are just speaking like a columnist who write lengthy articles and question and criticise everything

You mean to say our scientists are so irresponsible that they will mis lead the country

Secondly have you HEARD of CTBT

After 1995 NO country has tested

The Scientists and weapon designers of other countries have also retired

And new ones have taken their place

There is NO need to test because Technology has made testing unnecessary

Pakistan was already working on thermonukes and after 1998 it was accelerated due to the confidence in the design and operationalisation of the plutonium base reactors.

Plutonium based reactor does nothing to enhance your Thermonuclear weapon building capability at best It provides Plutonium which can be used for trigger- Which is essentially a fission reaction- For fusion you would require Tritium- Now this tritium is usually extracted from Heavy water used in PHWRs, How many PHWRs does Pakistan have- And has It got an extraction plant which uses cryogenic level operation to extract Tritium from the used Heavy water-

You are right- from what I know 10% better data can be obtained these days at labs than what used to be gathered from an actual test-

You are just speaking like a columnist who write lengthy articles and question and criticise everything

You mean to say our scientists are so irresponsible that they will mis lead the country

Secondly have you HEARD of CTBT

After 1995 NO country has tested

The Scientists and weapon designers of other countries have also retired

And new ones have taken their place

I am well aware of CTBT and simulation based alternatives of testing. Also, I am aware of sanctions that will be imposed on a nation that decides to test. These sanction make testing costly and it is possible that no nation is testing because of these sanctions rather than having access to simulation technology which makes testing un-necessary. I am not calling the trustworthiness of our scientists in question.

All I am suggesting is that we had results from our tests which were markedly different from the rest of the world - in terms of yield; and that we were asserting that we got success in first try. That makes a tall claim and claims require proof - not for you and me but for our 'enemies'.

Lastly, decisions are not purely driven by scientists. There are political considerations as well. So may be possible that we have a design which our scientists are fairly confident that might work but not totally confident that it will work and our leadership is fine with it - to do otherwise will make us bear a huge cost in terms of sanctions.

Lastly, decisions are not purely driven by scientists. There are political considerations as well. So may be possible that we have a design which our scientists are fairly confident that might work but not totally confident that it will work and our leadership is fine with it - to do otherwise will make us bear a huge cost in terms of sanctions.

There is No need to worry

We can totally trust our scientists ; There is No need to test

Our scientists know that Nation's LIFE depends on them

They do this all through out the year ; that is all that they ever do

Full retardness. I can understand the insecurity here. But the main issue is when u use nisar against our invading column you put entire country under our nuclear retaliation and it won't be neutron weapon but stinky nukes which will Cripple Pakistan for the next century or more. Recently India to arm 3 squadron of sukois with bramose nuclear tipped. With out any problem India will carryout nuking mission only with sukois as you don't have anything to challenge sukois or bramos either? Now include our basic Agni 1/2 and K15 fired from Arihant. You should aware of range options other than mentioned above!

no mate, retardness = your forum name

Hey storm force,

how is life treating you these days. your posts are fast becoming a source of amusement by the way.

Hey storm force,

how is life treating you these days. your posts are fast becoming a source of amusement by the way.

What -- I am NOT Storm force

He has quit ; Our writing styles are similar

And do you really think you have earned or that you deserve your Think Tank position

What -- I am NOT Storm force

He has quit ; Our writing styles are similar

And do you really think you have earned or that you deserve your Think Tank position
lets talk about your super sensible posts shall we? The one you made up there deserves accolades buddy, lots of them. ;)

no mate, retardness = your forum name

Hey storm force,

May be his response can be simplified. Will you be fine gambling whole of Pakistan while stopping a tank column? India's resolve has been publicly stated - they will retaliate with full nuclear strike. Do you want to call it their bluff? You know they might not be bluffing.

Yes I will also like to think that. I have full faith in our scientists. The proof of my faith is the fact that I am living in one of the possible targets in a nuclear conflict with Pakistan - ie near HAL b'lore so I have skin in this game. That said, science usually works on skepticism though.

The troubles of your country aside...your nation is beautiful. Its the only nature you have. Honor it
in the end we can only honor it if we have it
Afghanistan have beautiful Nature
can they honor it?

May be his response can be simplified. Will you be fine gambling whole of Pakistan while stopping a tank column? India's resolve has been publicly stated - they will retaliate with full nuclear strike. Do you want to call it their bluff? You know they might not be bluffing.

Dont give so much importance to Nasr and Nukes

They are not war fighting weapons

Pakistanis are NOT suicidal people ; They Love their FOOD a lot

All this nuke talk is to attract US and global attention

Because otherwise they only get Bad press most of the time

Yes I will also like to think that. I have full faith in our scientists. The proof of my faith is the fact that I am living in one of the possible targets in a nuclear conflict with Pakistan - ie near HAL b'lore so I have skin in this game. That said, science usually works on skepticism though.

Bangalore is very far away

Mumbai ; Delhi ; Punjab ; Gujarat should be more worried

But all this Nukes talk is Nonsense

Dont give so much importance to Nasr and Nukes

They are not war fighting weapons

Pakistanis are NOT suicidal people ; They Love their FOOD a lot

All this nuke talk is to attract US and global attention

Because otherwise they only get Bad press most of the time

Bangalore is very far away

Mumbai ; Delhi ; Punjab ; Gujarat should be more worried

But all this Nukes talk is Nonsense

Another gem of a post by our esteemed fellow. Bravo!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom