What's new

Hatf-VIII Ra'ad II (ALCM) | Updates, News & Discussion

Let me exaggerate a bit more, for P-3 perhaps ? because we have been hearing Ra'ad can strike targets on ground and at sea both
Nope, Ra'ad is for the fighters alone.
Its too early to say that it can. But its in the works.
But lot of new goodies in the show

1- Raad v2
2- Babur Cruise Missile delivery system (3 barrel)
3- Shaheen "Alpha"

2. Babur's same Multi-tube TEL has been paraded for the past two years, this time the tubes were elevated with missile mock-ups protruding.
3. Shaheen-IA has also been paraded last year (a badly made mockup though)

its just a lengthened ra'ad? can the mirage even carry it?

Currently Mirage is the only jet which is carrying Ra'ad missiles. It has to be able to carry it or Pakistan would have no use of this missile.

its just a lengthened ra'ad? can the mirage even carry it?
Its not 'just' a lengthened Ra'ad. The length extension alone does not contributes to 200km range extension.
Similar process has been already applied to Babur-I (500km) to get Babur-II (700km), which still has the same length.

2. Babur's same Multi-tube TEL has been paraded for the past two years, this time the tubes were elevated with missile mock-ups protruding.

Its actually better to shwocase disproportionate mock-ups. Your enemy would not be able to know their actual specs (width/height/radius) etc.

But Raa'd can be mounted on C-130 & P-3's wing pylon if need arise.

But Ra'ad can be mounted on wing pylons of C-130s or P-3s if need arise.

Its actually better to shwocase disproportionate mock-ups. Your enemy would not be able to know their actual specs (width/height/radius) etc.
Not sure what the enemy would gain by knowing those specs, when high-res photos of launched systems are already available.

But Ra'ad can be mounted on wing pylons of C-130s or P-3s if need arise.
1. That need won't arise anytime soon because Ra'ad is primarily a strategic system, it will take a lot of time before we can see it deployed in conventional roles.
2. That need can't arise, because of the integration restrictions with P-3C and C-130.

Chinese stopped.parading actual missiles when they realized (probably through hacking cia) that americans were trying to calculate missile weight by distortion of tyres of carrying vehicles...

Not sure what the enemy would gain by knowing those specs, when high-res photos of launched systems are already available.

1. That need won't arise anytime soon because Ra'ad is primarily a strategic system, it will take a lot of time before we can see it deployed in conventional roles.
2. That need can't arise, because of the integration restrictions with P-3C and C-130.

Then Y-9 / C235 may also be able to carry it and no issue of integration and I m talking about worst case TNW use against IN CBG in blue waters.

Chinese stopped.parading actual missiles when they realized (probably through hacking cia) that americans were trying to calculate missile weight by distortion of tyres of carrying vehicles...

Missile can be re-produced to know their dimensions and radar signatures from the distance. Pakistan should not let go any part of their potential to prying eyes.

Some time ago Pakistan has released images taken from Burraq and soon after it hit terrorist using Burq Missile - and those images still had height of the UAV listed on the screen. Was that the maximum height, we don't know but why should there be any leak of any information which can help your enemy detect/track or expect our UAVs flying at those altitudes?

H-2/4 (licensed Denel Raptor-I/II) SOWs and Glide bombs.

Even those should be tipped with a "little boy". ;) But now Pakistan has glide bomb kits (Takbir) which make almost every dumb bomb a glide and stand-off weapon.

Iranian have given a very valid concept recently by placing an anti radiation seeker in hormuz 2 ballistic missile...

Most of modern missiles are based on very powerfull radars... that is some thing pak shud explore for both for cm and bms...especially in green pine s 400 scenarios

I expect that raad 2 will be carried by mirage 5. I only thought they will end uo redesigning or decresdibg the size, which they didnt.
So now i am confused what is going to be next fighter to carry this? Jf-17 but the size increase is confusing? or some new fighter, not the f16 obviously

If you have it than why not flaunt it. Seems like we are quite confident about the new version and it's specs that we paraded it even with out any test or perhaps the test is imminent in nearby future. A test will confirm whether mirage can carry it or not else no point having such version. Though unlikely, if missile is dedicated for bigger plane like j31 than what's the point of showing it now unless we know our existing plane can fire it.

I have a question. Since Raad II is apparently an upgrade over the existing platform, so why is the design not changed in terms of its size considering JF-17 does not have the same ground clearance as that of Mirage? After all all mirages will eventually be replaced by JF-17 hence it only makes sense if modern weapons are made keeping JF-17 in mind.

Back
Top Bottom