What's new

Hatf-VIII Ra'ad II (ALCM) | Updates, News & Discussion

Actually sensible Pakistanis will agree with me that Pakistan's doesn't have an indigenous cruise missile

Man, you know zilch about Pakistani missile program so better not comment on things you have no clue about.
and you Calle Raad torgos , did you know that it entered service before torgos?

Oh I know, the pain is too much to bear. ;)

More advanced versions of the Babur are under development. Later versions are planned to have a range of 1000 km[5][14] and be capable of being launched from Pakistan Navy submarines such as the Agosta 90B Khalid class.[3][15]

The part in red is a gem. If Babur-III can strike 1000KM deep, entire Indian land is under its range, even the deepest regions which India thought were too deep for Pakistani missiles to reach.

For some reason, I am inclined to think that recent "un-named" coastal land based anti-ship missile has a similar 1000KM range. Why would you not want to target enemy ships at least that deep? I don't know as fact, but if this is true, boy o boy, Indians will cry through every possible pore in their body. Their imagined Mastic Navy would be a gold mine of "free metal" for future sea scrap collectors.

During its March 23 Pakistan Day Parade, the Pakistan Strategic Plans Division (SPD) officially revealed the Ra’ad 2 (“Thunder 2”) air-launched cruise missile (ALCM).

Described as an improved and extended-range of the 350 km Ra’ad ALCM, which was introduced by Air Weapons Complex (AWC) and the National Engineering and Scientific Commission (NESCOM) in 2007, the Ra’ad 2 has a stated range of 550 km.

Notes & Comments:

With its low-detectable design and terrain-hugging capability, the sub-sonic Ra’ad ALCM series is regarded as a key piece of the Pakistani military’s deterrence strategy, specifically its second-strike ability. The Ra’ad and Babur land-attack cruise missiles (LACM) are capable of delivering miniature nuclear warheads.

External differences between the Ra’ad and Ra’ad 2 appear to be minimal, suggesting that an emphasis was made on extending the range more so than increasing payload (albeit an increase in the latter cannot be ruled out).

Although Pakistan did not yet announce tests for the Ra’ad 2, it used the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017 to announce the tests of the Babur-2 LACM and Babur-3 submarine-launched cruise missile (SLCM) respectively. These were joined by the test of the Ababeel multiple independent re-entry vehicle (MIRV)-capable medium-range ballistic missile (MRBM).

The Ra’ad ALCM-series is deployed from the Pakistan Air Force’s (PAF) Mirage III/5 aircraft.

While it aimed for strategic purposes, the Ra’ad could have the potential to serve in a conventional role. Like other conventional munitions, it can carry a conventional high-explosive warhead, which could prove useful for reinforced targets.

In the long-term, there are other ALCM-related possibilities. For example, precision-guided sub-munitions such as the BLU-105 enable the AGM-158 Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM) to engage multiple targets in an area, such as armoured formations, air fields, air defence sites, and dockyards, among others. An analogous solution could be a next-step for the Ra’ad.

@Quwa @The Deterrent @MarvellousThunder@PDC Length of RA'AD II seems to have been increased. I don't think Mirage or any aircraft can carry this large missile under its belly and hence the reason it was unveiled in parade instead of launching it via Mirage.

Considering America extended the range of JASSM from 370 KM to 1000 KM with just an efficient engine and efficient fuel with large volume. Original JASSM is 4.27 meters and ER would be around 4.5, 4.6 meters.

Which means Ra'ad engine efficiency is extremely bad and also the fuel quality. If they improve both plus use composites, Ra'ad could be carried on wing pylons like JASSM on F-16

Polish-AF-F-16-JASSM.jpg

JASSM_mockup_0048.jpg

Just brilliant!!!!

And the Great Reveal also happens to be on Pak National Day.

Whats going on Pak Friends....your strategic Full Spectrum Deterence is growing like there is no tomorrow.

No one can accuse SPD of Pak of not having a sense of humour!
Pak trolling indiaa at every turn. Wicked!!!

By the look of things Pak is on the rollllllll

Or is it that you, Pak Friends, like smashing indiaanz illusions...shattering their dreams of Asian empire.

Whichever way, I am just happy that there is one more nail in the coffin of born-dead, cold start.

Keeping killing indiaanz war dreams!

A very happy Pak National Day to all Pak Friends!!!!

@Quwa @The Deterrent @MarvellousThunder@PDC Length of RA'AD II seems to have been increased. I don't think Mirage or any aircraft can carry this large missile under its belly and hence the reason it was unveiled in parade instead of launching it via Mirage.

Considering America extended the range of JASSM from 370 KM to 1000 KM with just an efficient engine and efficient fuel with large volume. Original JASSM is 4.27 meters and ER would be around 4.5, 4.6 meters.

Which means Ra'ad engine efficiency is extremely bad and also the fuel quality. If they improve both plus use composites, Ra'ad could be carried on wing pylons like JASSM on F-16

Polish-AF-F-16-JASSM.jpg

JASSM_mockup_0048.jpg
Um if it wasn't possible for it to be delivered by any aircraft, then why develop the Air-launched cruise missile? You are exaggerating a bit, I'm sure there will be no problem in its integration with both Mirage & JF-17.

Pakistan doesn't have the resources or the advanced R&D comparable to the US, so don't expect anything extraordinary.

Either the PAF was too hasty to show off its new toy being developed or it was paraded as a statement, a reply to India extending the range of BrahMos; both of which are stupid reasons IMO.

Um if it wasn't possible for it to be delivered by any aircraft, then why develop the Air-launched cruise missile? You are exaggerating a bit, I'm sure there will be no problem in its integration with both Mirage & JF-17.

Pakistan doesn't have the resources or the advanced R&D comparable to the US, so don't expect anything extraordinary.

Either the PAF was too hasty to show off its new toy being developed or it was paraded as a statement, a reply to India extending the range of BrahMos; both of which are stupid reasons IMO.

Let me exaggerate a bit more, for P-3 perhaps ? because we have been hearing Ra'ad can strike targets on ground and at sea both

I think when the SPADA missile came in after Chinese SAM , I thought it was a new purchase , had to watch it again to hear the announcer mention it was the SPADA missile being displayed

The 3 Barrel Babur Cruse Missile looked fantastic as well

imgp7784-jpg.385888

The commentator also mentioned the Shaheen "Alpha" new model was on display so that was something new according to commentator

Last edited:
I think when the SPADA missile came in after Chinese SAM , I thought it was a new purchase , had to watch it again to hear the announcer mention it was the SPADA missile being displayed

The 3 Barrel Babur Cruse Missile looked fantastic as well

yep.

Screenshot_2017-03-23-13-24-49.png

Screenshot_2017-03-23-13-24-44.png

Would have been nice to see

1- Twin Seat Thunder on Display
2- New APC , Hamza 10 Units
3 - Mi-35 Choppers

The Chinese delegate was fantastic , and the Turkish Band stole the show for me to see a part of history happen a band formed in 12th century perform in Pakistan

But lot of new goodies in the show

1- Raad v2
2- Babur Cruise Missile delivery system (3 barrel)
3- Shaheen "Alpha"

Back
Top Bottom