What's new

Egypt finalizes deal with Pakistan to jointly manufacture Raad and Babur-class cruise missiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question: even if Pakistan exports these missiles, which aircraft manufacturer would allow them to integrate and use 3rd party (Pakistan) missiles given they have Rafales, Typhoons and F-16?

I have a question: even if Pakistan exports these missiles, which aircraft manufacturer would allow them to integrate and use 3rd party (Pakistan) missiles given they have Rafales, Typhoons and F-16?
Perhaps that would be where the other shoe drops; Egyptian interest in the JF-17 Block III would get a boost if this story turns out to be true. but IMHO, this story sounds too good to be true.

Pakistan has no such policy.

Perhaps that would be where the other shoe drops; Egyptian interest in the JF-17 Block III would get a boost if this story turns out to be true. but IMHO, this story sounds too good to be true.
But does it makes sense to purchase missiles if they would not be able to use them on their current fleet? I think this is a cooked up scheme to get Indian interests back.

But does it makes sense to purchase missiles if they would not be able to use them on their current fleet? I think this is a cooked up scheme to get Indian interests back.

or they are hedging against western suppliers and getting an aircraft with access to the vast heavy Chinese aerial weaponry their older/lighter Chinese planes can't carry. its always possible they are considering Indians equipment, but the Indians products doesn't open up anything significantly new to them.

That's what Hafter said
You are off topic.. asked you who ringed you here ..
And that tech will end up in Indian or Israeli hands so they can surely know how our CMs work what weakness or strength they have.
Does Pakistan allow its closest ally to take a close look on the F-16s??
If not.. then you've got your answer..

Last edited:
You are off topic.. asked you who ringed you here ..

I think you got desert jaundice, this is a forum, the question of what are you doing here is not valid for forums.
Does Pakistan allow its closest ally to take a close look on the F-16s??
If not.. then you've got your answer..

Does he have to see everyone as well-intentioned as himself?

I think you got desert jaundice, this is a forum, the question of what are you doing here is not valid for forums.

Does he have to see everyone as well-intentioned as himself?
Look who is talking..
You are trolling, off topic and still want to troll more.. better tell yourself this is a forum and behave accordingly.. you don't like a thread just leave it..

Pakistan gives strategic weapons to SISI Regime who is puppet to France-The Uae-İsrael-USA for fighting against Turkey in Libya and in the Eastern Mediterranean

Egypt buys tons of weapons to fight against Turkey , not against Israel
Turkey should warn Pakistan
so what ? Pakistan will help France-The Uae-İsrael-USA-Egypt-Greece alliance against Turkey

I so hate ERDOGAN's stupid policy ( He spent over $100 billion for humanitarian aid to muslim countries - most of them Arabs in the last 10 years )

stop spending our money for Arabs
and create great military power to match with France+Greece+Egypt+The Uae at the same time in Libya and in the Eastern Mediterranean

Last edited:
Egypt is finalizing a joint manufacturing deal with Pakistan for the Raad and Babur-class cruise missiles, after India refused, under pressure from Israel, to sell the BrahMos missile to Egypt

Pakistan successfully tests air-launched cruise missile

babur-1523761860.jpg

General Muhammad Zaki, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces and Minister of Defense and Military Production, had met with General Nadim Raza, Chairman of the Pakistani Joint Chiefs of Staff and his accompanying delegation, who visited Egypt recently.

The meeting dealt with a number of issues of common interest in light of the fields of military cooperation and the transfer and exchange of experiences between the Egyptian and Pakistani armed forces.

The Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces also stressed Egypt's pride in its solid relations with the State of Pakistan, and the General Command of the Armed Forces' keenness to increase cooperation and partnership in various military and security fields.

The Chairman of the Pakistani Joint Chiefs of Staff affirmed his country's keenness to support prospects for military cooperation with Egypt during the next stage, and his deep appreciation for the efforts of the Egyptian armed forces in all fields.

Thunder RAAD-II

The Raad-II is said to be Pakistan's response to the Brahmos and Nirbhay Indian cruise missiles that have the ability to hit targets from great distances. Pakistani experts said the missile would allow the Pakistan Air Force to attack Indian targets from within the Pakistani border.

First unveiled on March 23, 2017, during a major military parade, the RAAD-II is being developed as part of a broader effort by Pakistan to diversify its nuclear weapons delivery capabilities. Other recently tested nuclear weapon delivery systems have included strategic missile systems such as the Shaheen II, and the submarine-launched Babur III nuclear-capable missile as well as the Nasr nuclear missile.

The JF-17 is expected to eventually integrate the RAAD-II Thunder missile to complement cruise missiles in any prospective encounter—perhaps the JF-17B that can accommodate dual-seat weapons systems that are more suited to a nuclear strike role.

The airborne Ra'ad-II missile, which was developed by the Pakistan Air Weapons Complex AWC and the National Engineering and Science Commission (NESCOM), has been tested and launched from a Mirage-III aircraft and successfully hit its target. The Pakistan Army Information Committee said in a statement that the missile is equipped with guidance and navigation systems that ensure high-accuracy target engagement.

The RAAD-II Thunder has a range of about 600 km.

https://www.defense-arabic.com/2021/06/20/مصر-تضع-اللمسات-الأخيرة-في-صفقة-تصنيع-م/
How authentic is this news?
If it is true then we are in for something extraordinary.

why would pakistan joint manufacturing the missiles which we already produced years ago . joint manufacturing called when a project is not yet started or its on papers . while pakistan have already produced tested and inducted these missiles . its simply pakistan will sale these missiles with TOT to egypt .
Bhai,
Please understand that till now we have no information regarding this news. Most likely we will have nothing coming out in media from ISPR.
Lets assume that this news is true still we can not get the exact information of the agreement i.e. details. We are assuming that this is a joint manufacturing or a kit based assembly based agreement but what if it is not. It is something else like a JV based on these missiles to develop something new.

Most likely both with ToT.. JV meaning Pakistan assisting with a production line ..
If true then Pakistan would need to reduce the rage drastically. IMO we are missing something.

Not possible
Both aren't members of that organisation mtcr
that allows trading in long range missiles so would invite sanctions

Pakistan certainly can't afford

There could be offer of shorter range variants
There are ways to get around MTCR. Storm Shadow missile has a range of 500 nm hence it can not be sold still in reality its being sold.

It includes ToT with help in local productions by PK which is quite a fair deal for both sides and Egypt gets even superior missiles to BrahMos
Its strange why Egypt wanted to purchase BrahMos rather than the original Russian P800 Oniks. Egypt and Russia are good friends and Russia would have no problem to give its technology.

It's not accurate. We have yet to expand our own production facilities, we're not going to help Egypt or anyone else build one (unless Egypt's shuttling us 72 Typhoon T4s, 4 A330 MRTTs, and prime real-estate in their new capital city for PIA, and a golf club with BBQ).
Trolling :bounce::bounce::bounce::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

We should not share tech or sell CMs to any country who is friend of India or Israel, it's very stupid to do.
If that is the case then no country would have sold their produced goods and technology leading to stagnation of ideas and development.

nice story I will wait till a formal announcement comes , I thought it is something like a Military base for Pakistani/ Turkish military in Jordan or Gaza.

This seems like just sale of defense article
If it was a base for Pakistan then Pakistan could install what ever they want without any hinge.

I was thinking about this. Even if we are not MRTC signatory it would be irresponsible act to sell 450-700kms air launched missiles. We could help Egypt set up their own CMs but even then it would be risky. Now what I think is that this was let out to get some support from somewhere for a deal Pak wants with the US. As against that we will withdraw this offer. However 8n spite of that it appears a bit far fetched.
A
Brother don't be so naïve. Half of the worlds arms being sold today do not adhere to the MRTC requirements.

No smoke without fire..I'm positive about it..Too many meetings between top generals of both countries recently and the last meeting between The Pakistani top General was with President El Sisi himself.. that does not happen for nothing.. this means that China has agreed to establish a production line for the JF-17 BLK III.. This is just the entry.. not the full meal..:-)
Tip of the Iceberg :azn:.
Please not not disclose the entire iceberg.:angel:

Egypt will destroy the Dam from within Egypt
Unlikely...

After reading a bit further.. India could not refuse as there was a big delegation in Egypt recently .. they wanted to be in the Suez economic zone and even take China's place.. so they made an offer with TOT.. but In light of the intense visits between officials of Pakistan and Egypt, led by the Egyptian Minister of Defense, and knowing that this is a primary goal of the Egyptian leadership.. Pakistan came along and made a better offer. two cruise missiles Ra'ad and Babur.. which is being finalized now..

Last edited:
After reading a bit further.. India could not refuse as there was a big delegation in Egypt recently .. they wanted to be in the Suez economic zone and even take China's place.. so they made an offer with TOT.. but In light of the intense visits between officials of Pakistan and Egypt, led by the Egyptian Minister of Defense, and knowing that this is a primary goal of the Egyptian leadership.. Pakistan came along and made a better offer. two cruise missiles Ra'ad and Babur.. which is being finalized now..
If this is true, Then I assume Thunders will also fly soon in Egyptian skies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom