What's new

Hatf-VIII Ra'ad II (ALCM) | Updates, News & Discussion

View attachment 385787
Just made a comparison image RAAD 1 VS RAAD 2 ..cant figure out much @Bilal Khan (Quwa) ....

RAAD 2 seems a bit lenghtier however the warhead size looks similar indicating not much of an increment in payload
Yes it looks like emphasis was placed on extending the range. With its main function to deliver a nuclear warhead, increasing room might not have been a priority. I do hope they work on making it compatible with precision-guided sub-munitions, would enable the Ra'ad/II to take on multiple targets in an area.

In Pak's arsenal - old or young - nothing is useless!!! They're making 50 year-old mirages - with all hip/knee replacement and heart/lungs/kidney transplants surgeries, and Hollywood-class make-overs - fire these flying cobras!!!! With 550km ground hugging top-class piloting maneuvers, carrying miniaturized warheads and evading radars, over the deserts and plains directly into the enemy's hearts and lungs!!!!! What's left????? I see no options other than "Hanuman" and the "Last Afgan" (basically two sides of the same coin)!!!!!! Doval the Devil, a bad cop by training, knows all the thugs in the neighborhood and makes quite a use of them...

Pakistan don't need to, although it can hit those, because those are hit in longer conflicts not in short wars of 2 weeks or may be a month.
Can they move Delhi, Agra, Ahmedabad etc. >2K km away too???
By the by, they should have done it 1K years back....
Or, Ram should have settled in Lanka after defeating Ravana...

Last edited by a moderator:
Again failed.
http://www.brahmos.com/content.php?id=10&sid=10

Pakistan has nothing in its inventory capable of intercepting BrahMos.

Only reasons America does not use supersonic missiles is because of range restrictions.
But as India's enemy Pakistan is right next door and is a small country a range of 600 km is sufficient.
Also your HN-1B cannot be air launhed.

i think someone needs to educate you
as soon as you launch a supersonic missile you are stuck with a dilemma? range or stealth
you cant chose both, India choose range, so it will be visible like 500km away for every air defense system,
and it will be awaiting for it and could launch it counter at maximum range

e.g the LY 80 has a range of 70km but could easily launch when broughams is at 130-140 km and intercept it at 50 km, will even have chance to launch multiple missiles to intercept it

on the other hand a low altitude cruise missiles is difficult to detect earlier on by any ground system unless you have a good AWEC in air, how many does india have, i doubt india can even keep 1 running at all times(if you have 4 systems, only 1 at best could be operational all time, and may 2 at war time)

honestly instead of a costly bhramous i would prefer launching a dozen of glide bombs from fighter jet

RAAD is mostly a strategic N missle, part of N triad

Brahmos is an anti ship missile blown out of proportion by indians...

Raad 2 can carry nukes... brahmos cant
Also Brahmos 450 Km version is as of yet only launched from Ground launchers.
Raad with 550 Km range is air launched and practically can be launched from anywhere the aircraft can reach.

As Pakistan does not even have anything close to capable of intercepting BrahMos stealth is unimportant.

Also in today's parade your Army admitted your LY-80 vs a range of only 40 km also LY-80 being a command guided missile will never be able to intercept supersonic LACM.
parade people are idiots every body knows that, range parameters are dependent upon multiple things
official quoted range is 70km

Spada has a range of 25-40km purchased a decade ago
LY 80 was suppose to medium to long range missle
"As Pakistan does not even have anything close to capable of intercepting BrahMos stealth is unimportant."
even after reading your statement 10 times i dont understand what you mean
we have four layered defense, LY 80, spada, fm90, even the radar guide AAG shown today can intercept super sonic targets

Last edited:
to me range increase is useless, i just want to know what is going to replace the mirages for RAAD
i thought it would be redesigned smaller variant for thunder, instead they increased the size o_O
are they getting something bigger than?:what::what::what:

Only reasons America does not use supersonic missiles is because of range restrictions.
But as India's enemy Pakistan is right next door and is a small country a range of 600 km is sufficient.
Also your HN-1B cannot be air launhed.
no country uses supersonic missiles because it is a detetcted as soon as it launched, much easier to detect due to its high altitude flight, missles need to fly low(but you cant fly fast low) so even if missles do you supersonic version they are usally just end stage, just like chinese systems
you need to educate yourself

only india uses it, and was conned by Russia to fund and buy it LOL

Good to see you admit Pakistan does not produce indigenous missiles.

You have serous comprehension problems my friend. I said its fair (from my point of view) if you refuse to see reality and reality is that Pakistan operates 5 missiles and all are made in Pakistan. Now you can say they are not and it wouldn't change anything for Pakistan.

Follow the path of this ostrich. There is no danger when you refuse to see it.

upload_2017-3-23_18-9-42.png

Pakistan is yet to build its own indigenous cruise missile. Torgos & HN-1B are not Pakistani products Pakistan cannot even canisterize its ballistic missiles or even build a 10 km SAM

Forget the fact that most of the population of the subcontinent would be taken out in the event of a nuke war, those who survive will be exposed to the fall out ... and we might be looking at a nuclear winter along with a multitude of problems ranging from habitability to most likely famine ...

but forget all that irrelevant stuff ...atleast in the midst of such catastrophe ... Indian friends will have the peace of mind and heart in knowing .... that your rear end is being torched by an "imported missile" ... right ? :D

No test, no official confirmation, no stats on payload etc.

I'd wait before celebrating. Decreasing the payload would increase range as well. So lets not jump our guns
It was officially confirmed at the parade. It said Ra'ad II and the PTV announcer said the range was 550 km.

Babur cannot even be used in mountainous terrain whereas BrahMos can be.
The Babur's guidance system uses a combination of inertial navigation systems(INS), terrain contour matching (TERCOM)and GPS satellite guidance. The guidance system reportedly gives the missile pinpoint accuracy. GPS access is not guaranteed under hostile conditions so the latest production models have also reportedly incorporated the Russian GLONASS. Future software and hardware updates could include the European Union's GALILEO and China'sBeidou navigation system. An upgraded variant tested on the 14 December 2016 included upgraded avionics where now the missile is able to accurately hit land and sea based targets without the aid of GPS. Also the missile is able to hit targets more accurately

Back
Top Bottom