What's new

‘Ghar wapsi’: Politics of conversion!

Its a very sensitive topic indeed.
India is a secular country and every religion has right to profess and propogate its teachings and people are free to pursue a religion of their choice, regardless of which religion they were born into.
If you go to Ajmer Sharief, Deva Sharief or Haji Ali Dargah you will find most people going there are Hindus. I know many muslims visiting Tirupati and offering hairs and so many muslims taking their kids to different Dussehra Mela, Durga puja and Ganapati mandaps where idol worship happens. Fortunately or unfortunately I am surrounded by such people of all religions and have very rarely met in person the fanatics i see on internet or read about them. Thats why i am often surprized when people brand a whole community with a particular thought process.
I know many non muslim women who have married muslims and all of them converted to Islam probably because its a requirement but alongwith their new religion they continue to pursue some of their old religious practices like observing fast, karwa chouth, raksha bandhan etc. and never feel comfy observing the rituals of their new faith. Similarly i know many muslim women who married hindus or other non muslims and they never had any issues nor anyone created any issues except the initial heart burn.

So what is ghar wapsi? when did anyone leave his/her ghar? There was no muslim in the world before the Prophet (saw), no christian before Jesus, no buddhist before goutam buddha and no sikh before the 10 Gurus. There is no idol worship in sikhism, there is no mention of God in Jainism and Buddhism says you are your own god. These are different from hindu philosophy so why there is no ghar wapasi for sikhs, jains and buddhists. Why there is Vedic Havan and Puja in India for the well being of Sultan of Oman for his successful surgery? He is an Arab and never a Hindu.
Also, can anyone answer that if a non hindu becomes a hindu which caste he will belong to? which community he should go for marital relations? I think they should first keep their house in order and clean it up before calling anyone home.

If you go to Ajmer Sharief, Deva Sharief or Haji Ali Dargah you will find most people going there are Hindus. I know many muslims visiting Tirupati and offering hairs and so many muslims taking their kids to different Dussehra Mela, Durga puja and Ganapati mandaps where idol worship happens.
Trust me. You don't want to share these here. You will only be called names and end up feeling low.

Also, can anyone answer that if a non hindu becomes a hindu which caste he will belong to? which community he should go for marital relations? I think they should first keep their house in order and clean it up before calling anyone home.
Caste: None. Or Arya sometimes.

India needs more astute people like you.
Had Bajarang dal and RSS been the Militant organization, they would have taken same route which other militant people have taken to convert Hindus in our neighborhood.
They have. Did you miss the flights hijacked by Hindus, or the Taj attacks. Yes - Amar Singh. :tsk:

Last edited:
Its a very sensitive topic indeed.
India is a secular country and every religion has right to profess and propogate its teachings and people are free to pursue a religion of their choice, regardless of which religion they were born into.
If you go to Ajmer Sharief, Deva Sharief or Haji Ali Dargah you will find most people going there are Hindus. I know many muslims visiting Tirupati and offering hairs and so many muslims taking their kids to different Dussehra Mela, Durga puja and Ganapati mandaps where idol worship happens. Fortunately or unfortunately I am surrounded by such people of all religions and have very rarely met in person the fanatics i see on internet or read about them. Thats why i am often surprized when people brand a whole community with a particular thought process.
I know many non muslim women who have married muslims and all of them converted to Islam probably because its a requirement but alongwith their new religion they continue to pursue some of their old religious practices like observing fast, karwa chouth, raksha bandhan etc. and never feel comfy observing the rituals of their new faith. Similarly i know many muslim women who married hindus or other non muslims and they never had any issues nor anyone created any issues except the initial heart burn.

So what is ghar wapsi? when did anyone leave his/her ghar? There was no muslim in the world before the Prophet (saw), no christian before Jesus, no buddhist before goutam buddha and no sikh before the 10 Gurus. There is no idol worship in sikhism, there is no mention of God in Jainism and Buddhism says you are your own god. These are different from hindu philosophy so why there is no ghar wapasi for sikhs, jains and buddhists. Why there is Vedic Havan and Puja in India for the well being of Sultan of Oman for his successful surgery? He is an Arab and never a Hindu.

'Ghar wapsi' is a typical tit for tat approach by some bigots against some bigots, one need to convert 1.2 crore people to change the religious demography of the country by just 1%!!

'Ghar wapsi' is a typical tit for tat approach by some bigots against some bigots, one need to convert 1.2 crore people to change the religious demography of the country by just 1%!!
But that 1.2 crore shall be 50% of christians and 8% of muslims.

Hindus need to roll over and die, I think that would please the Indian Secular liberal brigade.
And the 'Sickular' brigade says nothing about Project Joshua?

A new mood of aggressive evangelism has been emanating from America. Well-funded, superbly networked,
backed by the highest of the land, seized of its moral supremacy, it has India as one of its key targets, reveals
VK Shashikumar in a disturbing exposé
in Tehelka.

This could be the plot of a fevered thriller. A jingoistic president, multi-million dollar corporations, high technology, a grand if furtive mission, networks spanning the globe, and biblical invocations.

Only it's real. And its got India in its crosshair.

Religious expansionism has not witnessed this scale, scope, and state resources in a long time. Detailed investigations by Tehelka reveal that American evangelical agencies have established in India an enormous, well-coordinated and strategised religious conversion plan.

More here for those interested....

Tehelka - The People's Paper

Yes! The Sickular' brigade should kill all the bloody Hindus. The likes of Sonia Gandhi and her 'sickular' ilk would be delighted I'm sure, because the non Hindu votes will come flooding in....or that's what they think.

Yup, everyone has as right to convert whatever bs in secular India...whether that is for land acquisition or food rations......Pakistan is an Islamic republic, it doesn't have to be one to put on a piece of paper that it is secular even though it is proven beyond reasonable doubt how the muslims and sikhs of India were mercilessly killed in state sponsored massacres.....but then you have the Sikh PM so all is well...........how conveniently one brings up Pakistan to satisfy their ego.....even starting today and going back 30 years.....the fake secular India has been busy oogling one religion for the other. Enough proof is already there.

Just brings me back to the age old Indian problem........ always look towards Pakistan to boost their ego.

So now, please tell me.....how many Muslims are part of the current ruling party in the parliament of India? Why is it that Muslims still don't want to trust a right wing extremist party in so called secular India?

Just write on a piece of paper that India is secular....but in reality it is anything but.
Nope, we definitely don't want to match India in that. We have our own nation, which we can take care of it ourselves, something that internet dwelling fools like you will find very hard to comprehend.

Typical hot air from the backside, with the same buzzwords - oh 1984, oh 2002 riots, oh India not secular. Whereas we take such good care of our minorities, that you won't hear a breath from them.

......Pakistan is an Islamic republic, it doesn't have to be one
There you go. And then you have the audacity to question India's secular credentials. This is like a self proclaimed genocidal maniac chiding his neighbour for petty theft.

What's the latest score???
Who is winning the conversion games :woot:

Recently there was a case against a Christian missionary brother in Kerala.His charity foundation have around 1000crores of western money funding.
Of course we have a secular Congress allied govt in state and so that case is vanished from the limelight once and for all.
This is story of one christian missionaries group.What about hundreds other both large and small?
Doesnt any one have any idea about the enormous set up behind this?
Islamic groups cant move like that way because of the govt stringent law policy.They will always look for Wahabi money and source.
The main targets of both these groups are Hindus .
The author in the article pointed to a fact we dont have any problem with Sikh,Buddh,Jain .Well none of them will try to exploit the poor Hindus for conversion.And they dont have money back up like that of Abrahamic religion.

And now he also take about complete non discriminable attitude of Abrahamic religions.A few weeks ago there was a case in TN where converted low caste people cant visit Churches because upper caste Christians dont like it.
Similarly we can see such a level intolerance among Muslims also.A recent survey also proved that.
In other western nations they have racism and we have casteism.And RSS is the main important front organistation against Casteism.

but then you have the Sikh PM so all is well...........
That's your stupid logic, not mine. The point is tat India offers equal opportunity for everybody, unlike Paksitan. That is why India is a secular democratic republic, that doesn't need to be lectured by the inhabitants of a country that cannot even make a pretence of that.

BTW Sikhs have been a lot of things, not just the PM. Army chief, 5 star Marshal of the air force, constituting 20% of the armed forces, supreme court judges, chainman of the planning commision...the list goes on. In fact Sikhs are one of the most prosperous groups in the country. The point of my post was that in Pak, Sikhs, hindus etc are constitutionally prohibited from becoming PM. How can you let those kafirs rule the great mussalmans, right?

Going on screaming about two riots that happend 12 and 30 years back in India may soothe your ego, but the fact remains that India is a secular republic that gives the same rights to everybody, unlike your country where minorities cannot, by law, hope for equality.

Oh and would you like me to start counting thr number of massacres of non pure sunni mussalmans in your country? Every time that happens, you can talk about '83 or 2002, that's the way to show em!

He is right now at his ghar and chatting away to glory with his frens.
Lolzz

back on topic...
Sorry i didnt read the complete article but just the part put in BOLD.

One, I dont understand why do these hindutvawadis 've to shout at the top of their voice on loudspeakers while converting ppl?? cant they do it quietly???
Either they 're dumb or just trying the tit for tat formula.

Two, what many here dont understand is that hinduism had its share of evils and ergo many from the lower castes and poorer families decided to convert to Islam and Christianity.

Three, if its true that hindus were not lured into conversion then why is it so that many dont convert to Buddhism?? its the most peaceful (relatively) religion so to say. So yeah some of the theories regarding conversion by coercion could be true.

Well they already have a policy of reconversion where they started to implement in 60's .And They did a lot of reconversion in previous decades and years.
But the main here was aACL law .And it seems it is backfired.

Yup, everyone has as right to convert whatever bs in secular India...whether that is for land acquisition or food rations......Pakistan is an Islamic republic, it doesn't have to be one to put on a piece of paper that it is secular even though it is proven beyond reasonable doubt how the muslims and sikhs of India were mercilessly killed in state sponsored massacres.....but then you have the Sikh PM so all is well...........how conveniently one brings up Pakistan to satisfy their ego.....even starting today and going back 30 years.....the fake secular India has been busy oogling one religion for the other. Enough proof is already there.

Just write on a piece of paper that India is secular....but in reality it is anything but.
Nope, we definitely don't want to match India in that. We have our own nation, which we can take care of it ourselves, something that internet dwelling fools like you will find very hard to comprehend.
You seem to be discharging more methane than usual nowadays. Don't ever compare Pakistan and India. You are conveniently unaware of the violence that's the hallmark of Pak society.

In Pakistan it is about an explosive fusion of Islamist zeal and simmering ethnic tensions that have resulted in conflagrations that have killed untold thousands in Pakistan. Hindus, Christians, Ahmedias and other minorities have either been forcibly converted or killed. The whole world knows it. And you brush it under the carpet?

Pakistan is not exactly a shining example of what a nation state should be. You're not a paragon of virtue - not by a long shot. You need to look in the mirror before commenting.

Last edited:
So what is ghar wapsi? when did anyone leave his/her ghar? There was no muslim in the world before the Prophet (saw), no christian before Jesus, no buddhist before goutam buddha and no sikh before the 10 Gurus.

That's not the narrative that muslims are taught and believe. The mainstream belief is that everybody since the first couple (as if there even was such a thing) were muslims, and then the teaching got corrupted and then Muhammed happened. Such fictitious narratives prevent most of them from making sense of human history, and then people like @Donatello have the nerve to scream about some remarks about airplanes that some idiot made, when his religion's mainstream narrative itself is so ludicrous.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom