What's new

‘Ghar wapsi’: Politics of conversion!

Its not a socio-political issue but a petty politics. No one changes his/her religion for money or other inducements. Its a very very personal and spiritual issue. Go to any godman's ashram and there will be hundreds of white people practicing yoga or meditation. Look at Iskcon, does some one ever say why hindus are luring others, non-hindus? The British parliament celebrated diwali, did christians feel threatened? But if christian missionaries go in remote areas and work for upliftment of tribals, this becomes a conspiracy. Why can not their own religious organization go to them and work for them? They should deny these missionaries of any opportunity by serving the tribals themselves. And dont tell me hindu organizations dont have money. You should know how much money is offered at Tirupati, Shirdi, Vaishnodevi and various sects of hindus. Recently a temple in Kerala was found to be having a treasure of more than 20 billion USD. Baba Ramdev has enough money to buy an island in UK or someone donated it to him. So money is not a problem. If they were really concerned about the poverty and literacy of tribals, they will go and use that money on them. But what we hear is that Bihar CM Jitanlal Manjhi goes to a temple to donate some money and later the whole temple is purified by cleaning with ganga jal because he belongs to a dalit community.
Some people do change their faith from one to another at their own sweet will like you see the iskcon members but then there is no polarization and ill will caused by it. whereas this ghar wapasi is aimed not at making people revert to hindu faith but its a way of asserting superiority and polarizing the community on religious lines for votes. This you, I and everyone knows very well.
there is a difference between me converting to christianity here and poor muslim/hindus getting converted in India en masse. Most westerners are doing it on their free will, with enough info/itelligence that one needs.
btw I am not a fan of iskon, and I dont want anybody to convert to hinduism, but people do whatever they want.

You really think crusaders would want to learn how to kill muslims from pagans?
baten to achha kar lete ho:mad:

They worked very hard to build the image. They are wasting their time now. They are the most popular anti Hindu party and should focus on that - their strength.
They cant.
Watch how Owaisi sweeps the entire Muslim vote in India in the coming few years. The vote they have banked their future on.

They cant.
Watch how Owaisi sweeps the entire Muslim vote in India in the coming few years. The vote they have banked their future on.
:(

That will be harsh man. He should not be the ideal or a role model - by any justification.

:(

That will be harsh man. He should not be the ideal or a role model - by any justification.
but he would be the target for all the secular parties ...
Its going to happen. The vote bank that all these parties like Congress and Samajwadi banked upon and bowed to, will switch their vote to Owaisi in the coming years.

The Congress will then change tack. In the coming time, they will not be as anti-Hindu as they used to be because of this fact.

Its going to happen. The vote bank that all these parties like Congress and Samajwadi banked upon and bowed to, will switch their vote to Owaisi in the coming years.

The Congress will then change tack. In the coming time, they will not be as anti-Hindu as they used to be because of this fact.
Owaisi would be good for BJP but not for India. sorry to say this.

He is right now at his ghar and chatting away to glory with his frens.
Lolzz

back on topic...
Sorry i didnt read the complete article but just the part put in BOLD.

One, I dont understand why do these hindutvawadis 've to shout at the top of their voice on loudspeakers while converting ppl?? cant they do it quietly???
Either they 're dumb or just trying the tit for tat formula.

Two, what many here dont understand is that hinduism had its share of evils and ergo many from the lower castes and poorer families decided to convert to Islam and Christianity.

Three, if its true that hindus were not lured into conversion then why is it so that many dont convert to Buddhism?? its the most peaceful (relatively) religion so to say. So yeah some of the theories regarding conversion by coercion could be true.

Extremists of all religions are one and the same. In fact all extremists have one religion. Think about this before everyone paints Muslims with same brush and brackets all of us with terrorists using name of Islam to spread terror and hate.

Extremists of all religions are one and the same. In fact all extremists have one religion. Think about this before everyone paints Muslims with same brush and brackets all of us with terrorists using name of Islam to spread terror and hate.
You wish they were, ours at worst are like hooligans. smashing windowpanes or slapping around people nothing more than that.

Members here need to keep two things in mind:

1) In a true secular system people are free to practice their religion(s) but there is suppose to be absolutely no preaching (especially on an institutional level). For instance all the missionary, davah and ghar-vapsi crap.

2) If the government did their job properly these missionaries and other institutions would not have had the opportunity to exploit the situation.

One such example I distinctly recall is that of how Agha Khan provided free healthcare at their hospital in Karachi to people from Gilgit-Baltistan...provided they become Ismaeli. Failure of government more than anything else.

Countless such examples are found everywhere else around the globe...this ghar-vapsi is utter stupidity and reactionary.

Last edited:
Extremists of all religions are one and the same. In fact all extremists have one religion.
True!!

airmarshal said:
Think about this before everyone paints Muslims with same brush and brackets all of us with terrorists using name of Islam to spread terror and hate.
Did I do that??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom