What's new

General Cricket thread

Man what the hell happened in the cricket today? The day started with us needing a hundred odd runs more to equal England's 477.

I check the news now and see we ended scoring 759 for 7 declared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karun Nair scored a triple. Wow! We've got batsmen coming out of the ranks thick and fast. Great news.

England's bowling is nothing on these tracks. Pakistan vs India in test cricket would be a hell of a contest on any track. @anant_s

England's bowling is nothing on these tracks. Pakistan vs India in test cricket would be a hell of a contest on any track. @anant_s
England are really battered badly. i don't think they can contest any further and from cricketing point of view, i hope they escape with a draw tomorrow.
And yes i really miss test cricket badly between two neighbors and would be good challenge for India batting lineup against Pakistan fast bowlers. Unfortunately, i don't see it happening in near future.:(

England are really battered badly. i don't think they can contest any further and from cricketing point of view, i hope they escape with a draw tomorrow.
And yes i really miss test cricket badly between two neighbors and would be good challenge for India batting lineup against Pakistan fast bowlers. Unfortunately, i don't see it happening in near future.:(
Only Pakistan can challenge India in India and Vice Versa.

I swear till I read the last word and saw the name of the author, I thought it was a girl writing.

Wonderful article, that makes you joyous and sad at the same time.
There are people like me who grew up listening and watching sub continental heroes like Sachin, Arvinda De Silva, Wasim, Inzi and took up playing cricket with whatever means we had in those days (Late 80s and 90s). While there were fierce rivalries, a part of heart always appreciated, every time Wasim bhai castled a batsman or Arvinda cover drove a fast bowler or Inzi bhai cut or pulled on bouncy pitches.
This is a part of our growing up and reason why we love cricket, the fact that despite competitiveness, you respect your opponent for skills.
After 96 WC, India Today predicted that World Cricket's capital has shifted from Lords to Asia and growing revenue and popularity will make game even more famous.
unfortunately the decade after that coincided with strained diplomatic relations and this meant fire of rivalry was doused by cold realpolitik pressure.
I wish cricket lovers do get to see both nations engaging in cricket at their home grounds.
PS: In second last episode of iconic TV series M*A*S*H (As the time goes by) father John Mulcahy donates a pair of his boxing gloves for time capsule with a deep remark that if countries in the future feel the need to go to war, they can use them to resolve their differences. (@jbgt90 Sir you remember?)
I wish someday our children would use Cricket ground to do the same.

There are people like me who grew up listening and watching sub continental heroes like Sachin, Arvinda De Silva, Wasim, Inzi and took up playing cricket with whatever means we had in those days (Late 80s and 90s). While there were fierce rivalries, a part of heart always appreciated, every time Wasim bhai castled a batsman or Arvinda cover drove a fast bowler or Inzi bhai cut or pulled on bouncy pitches.
This is a part of our growing up and reason why we love cricket, the fact that despite competitiveness, you respect your opponent for skills.
After 96 WC, India Today predicted that World Cricket's capital has shifted from Lords to Asia and growing revenue and popularity will make game even more famous.
unfortunately the decade after that coincided with strained diplomatic relations and this meant fire of rivalry was doused by cold realpolitik pressure.
I wish cricket lovers do get to see both nations engaging in cricket at their home grounds.
PS: In second last episode of iconic TV series M*A*S*H (As the time goes by) father John Mulcahy donates a pair of his boxing gloves for time capsule with a deep remark that if countries in the future feel the need to go to war, they can use them to resolve their differences. (@jbgt90 Sir you remember?)
Instead of growing up we moved backwards. If only there were more people like you. Cheers.
PS: Love Dohni and Kohli. You ask anyone in Pakistan and he'll be a big fan of the two.

more people like you
One of my friend shared this on FB
a.JPG

There are people who can think beyond hate,

Yeah i do remember , used to watch reruns of at least two comedies everyday , now with the little one, things have changed again:)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom