What's new

General Cricket thread

Cricket was so different and intimate in 80s.
i've seen some matches played in centers like Gujranwala, Sialkot and Peshawar.
Those stadiums are quite different than Lahore and Karachi and somehow i loved watching matches played in these places for they have rustic charm.
Pitches too were quite dry and while elsewhere in continent these dust balls created spinners, somehow it gave rise to art of reverse swing on those abrasive surfaces.
I recall cricket greats often quoting ability of batsman to play on swinging early summer english pitches as a prerequisite to be called a proper complete batsman. but imho, mastering patient batting on sub-continental surfaces too is an equally great challenge.
i just pray test cricket return to these centers again.

i just pray test cricket return to these centers again.
Just imagine Kohli, Rehane, Rohit and other young players not playing at home for almost a decade now. I would have watched so many matches by now and i haven't seen a single international game. I feel sorry for Sarfaraz, Azhar Ali, Asad Shafiq, Amir, Misbah, Younis. This has really hurt our cricket, it's good too have a second home-ground in shape of UAE.

To all the Pakistani fans who are loosing their temper over the fact the we have dropped so many catches in the last couple of tours, which have gone on to haunt us in the context of the game. Gotta feel sorry for Amir. I think he shouldn't get frustrated at all, i think there is a big performance around from him. Just needs to prove a point...

AMIR FOR ESSEX
Essex sign former banned Pakistan bowler Mohammad Amir to play county cricket in England

he'll be ideal for the Aus/NZ tour .
loved watching him bowl , artist deliveries on dead pitches
he should definitely be bought back into the side but Pcb wont take him back.

have to include the obligatory video vs India :D

It only brings tears to my eyes.

This guy had unimaginable talent....a gifted man and the world was at his feet.................the only thing he did not have was "CHARACTER"....................as they say "A Man's Character Is His Destiny".....

I really like to believe that the England series could be a game changer for us. The way we played through out the series and learned from our previous mistakes. I just hope this team performs on a consistent basis like the rest of the teams in the world.

New Zealand series to start from tomorrow!!

I hope our team does well in the two match test series.

Last edited:
Same feelings here, i hope Amir and Babar Azam come good in New Zealand and Austrlia series.
hahahah
Epic,, isnt it!!

Well you know i do not hate them. Not nearly enough to wish for them to DIE!! :P

Corrected anyway. :)

And i hope we don't drop any catches.
You cant be serious with this!!

hahahah
Epic,, isnt it!!

Well you know i do not hate them. Not nearly enough to wish for them to DIE!! :P

Corrected anyway. :)

You cant be serious with this!!
BTW, what time will it start?

Back
Top Bottom