What's new

General Cricket thread

First day washed out, seems like it's going to be a pacers paradise. I hope our batsmen can come good and prove that they can play in all conditions. Day 2 will be interesting.

@anant_s , i said it before Englands going to give India a very tough time. Interesting series.

First day washed out, seems like it's going to be a pacers paradise.
Yes Sad.
Englands going to give India a very tough time. Interesting series.
They are a very good side and what distinguishes them from maybe SAF or Australia in sub continental conditions is that they play spin quite well. However as recent series against Bangladesh demonstrated, they can be put under pressure.

They are a very good side and what distinguishes them from maybe SAF or Australia in sub continental conditions is that they play spin quite well. However as recent series against Bangladesh demonstrated, they can be put under pressure.
Good observation. Pakistan has had the better of them in crunch moments, in UAE and in England. But not to forget that Indian side is very young.
Look at the quality of all-rounders, even their number 10 can bat:o:.

Ok, so the second day's play after a wash out on the first gave somewhat expected results. Our batsman were bound to fail on the new surface which was assisting pacers even more after the rain on Day 1.

It is still a 4 days game but our chances look bleak. NZ is closing in on our total at the end of Day 2. Although we got them to 40 for 3 but a nice little partnership have got things going for NZ). A couple of quick wickets early in the morning for Pakistan and the game is wide open.

After scoring 3 hundreds babar azam comes out and plays a flashy drive outside off-stump on a green-top wicket.
When will these people have some sense?
The ball was coming on amazingly with no substantial movement ,the bounce was superb to hang back play cross bat shots(Cut)
Now england should trash em like the windies with excess lead of 250+

Actually we came back really well today, but what's with the stupid slow batting. We just had to get 150 or 200 on the score card and we could have had them in the 4th innings. I reckon if we extend the lead to 150 we might have a chance, long way to go and seems impossible now with Sohail and Shafiq on the crease.

Actually we came back really well today, but what's with the stupid slow batting. We just had to get 150 or 200 on the score card and we could have had them in the 4th innings. I reckon if we extend the lead to 150 we might have a chance, long way to go and seems impossible now with Sohail and Shafiq on the crease.
True!!
We should have batted a bit well with some more contribution from the middle order batsmen. Especially Misbah, Younis and Shafiq!! One thing i would like to point out for you however is that unlike UAE as the match progresses the pitch usually becomes easier to bat on in New Zealand. So we should keep that in mind. 150-200 may not be enough for a 4th innings target.

Anyway, New Zealand played really well, specially bowling and the last innings batting.

I hope we come back in second test.

Babar and Sarfaraz need to play their shots get close to the lead and hope we can bowl well in second innings and get a total of under 200.

As expected Pakistan team has bounced back. Now it's time to capitalize, if we don't bowl them under 150, get a total of somewhere around 200-210 and play sensible cricket we might be able to draw the series. Babar Azam has shown that he is becoming a class player and becoming that player for Pakistan that can score in all conditions and in all formats. Kudos to his efforts, unbeaten on 90. They only lead by 55, @Arsalan . Arey sunday tha woke up early. Bloody rain.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-pakistan-2016-17/content/story/1069129.html

As expected Pakistan team has bounced back. Now it's time to capitalize, if we don't bowl them under 150, get a total of somewhere around 200-210 and play sensible cricket we might be able to draw the series. Babar Azam has shown that he is becoming a class player and becoming that player for Pakistan that can score in all conditions and in all formats. Kudos to his efforts, unbeaten on 90. They only lead by 55, @Arsalan . Arey sunday tha woke up early. Bloody rain.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-pakistan-2016-17/content/story/1069129.html
hahaah,, well i just decided that it is not worth waking up,,,,,, so......... i just stayed up :P
Waited till the news of rain was confirmed and then gadhay ghoray sb bach ka so gya :lol:

Oh an BTW, by the time i am replying to your message, the game have gone out of our reach practically and it is highly likely that we will lose this one.

hahaah,, well i just decided that it is not worth waking up,,,,,, so......... i just stayed up :P
Waited till the news of rain was confirmed and then gadhay ghoray sb bach ka so gya :lol:

Oh an BTW, by the time i am replying to your message, the game have gone out of our reach practically and it is highly likely that we will lose this one.

Barish ki dua karo 5th day par

Why barish? Pitch has got better than before, best it's been. If there is any team which can chase this down, it's ours. Pray for a solid start, hope Younis makes it big. I still have faith in our boys.
Babar can come good too, let's hope for the best.

Why barish? Pitch has got better than before, best it's been. If there is any team which can chase this down, it's ours. Pray for a solid start, hope Younis makes it big. I still have faith in our boys.
Babar can come good too, let's hope for the best.
you should have listened to @Areesh :lol:

you should have listened to @Areesh :lol:
Arey, we had the victory in sight. The real problem was our bowling in second innings, had we bowled them out a bit earlier and got the total somewhere around 300 we would have won. Unnecessary shots played too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom