What's new

General Cricket thread

I was waiting for a tribute on becoming number 1 team in test, @anant_s ,@Areesh ,@Arsalan ...
There is something really nice and comforting to see Misbah in tests. he reminds you of all that was good about cricket especially in 70s and 80s, when cricket was a laid back sport, played in minds as much as on ground and above all free from commercial clutter of today.
With Indian quartet (or fab 4), SL duo Mahela and Sanga gone in pages of history, Misbah (perhaps with Younis) are last flag bearers of that golden generation. I'm glad this humble servant of Pakistan Cricket got to see his team on top of test cricket.

BATSMEN BEWARE
Pakistan find rapid ambidextrous bowler Yasir Jan during trials… who swings it with EITHER arm

Nightmares have come true for batsmen as the young bowler possesses the ability to bowl quick with both hands

THERE are few things scarier than a fast bowler who can pitch it short or bowl a mean yorker – unless of course you can bowl both with EITHER hand.

Enter Yasir Jan, a young Pakistani cricketer with the ability to accurately bowl left or right hand whilst maintaining lightning speed.

nintchdbpict000268369962.jpg

It has been reported that Yasir was able to send down balls at over 86 mph with both arms, bowling slightly fast with his right hand, but generating more bounce with his left.

Described as "Wasim Akram and Brett Lee rolled into one" by Pakistani outlet Geo News, he told them that imitation is the key.

He said: “I have practised bowling with both left and right arm all my life, I try to imitate every bowler I see.”

Thankfully for batsmen, Yasir has to tell umpires which hand he will be bowling from and cannot change his run-up.

The ambidextrous bowler was discovered by talent scouts and former Pakistan cricketer Aaqib Javed at the Lahore Qalandars' 'Jazz rising stars.'

Javed, a key member of the 1992 Cricket World Cup winning squad, believes the raw talent of Yasir Jan could see him become a "very good" player within a year.

He told Geo News: "This is the first time I have seen a bowler who can bowl fast with both arms."

It remains to be seen if Yasir will be selected to play for the Qalandars in the Pakistan Super League which starts in February, or if he will will travel to Australia to train with KFC Big Bash League champions Sydney Thunder.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/cric...-during-trials-who-swings-it-with-either-arm/

BATSMEN BEWARE
Pakistan find rapid ambidextrous bowler Yasir Jan during trials… who swings it with EITHER arm

Nightmares have come true for batsmen as the young bowler possesses the ability to bowl quick with both hands

THERE are few things scarier than a fast bowler who can pitch it short or bowl a mean yorker – unless of course you can bowl both with EITHER hand.

Enter Yasir Jan, a young Pakistani cricketer with the ability to accurately bowl left or right hand whilst maintaining lightning speed.

nintchdbpict000268369962.jpg

It has been reported that Yasir was able to send down balls at over 86 mph with both arms, bowling slightly fast with his right hand, but generating more bounce with his left.

Described as "Wasim Akram and Brett Lee rolled into one" by Pakistani outlet Geo News, he told them that imitation is the key.

He said: “I have practised bowling with both left and right arm all my life, I try to imitate every bowler I see.”

Thankfully for batsmen, Yasir has to tell umpires which hand he will be bowling from and cannot change his run-up.

The ambidextrous bowler was discovered by talent scouts and former Pakistan cricketer Aaqib Javed at the Lahore Qalandars' 'Jazz rising stars.'

Javed, a key member of the 1992 Cricket World Cup winning squad, believes the raw talent of Yasir Jan could see him become a "very good" player within a year.

He told Geo News: "This is the first time I have seen a bowler who can bowl fast with both arms."

It remains to be seen if Yasir will be selected to play for the Qalandars in the Pakistan Super League which starts in February, or if he will will travel to Australia to train with KFC Big Bash League champions Sydney Thunder.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/cric...-during-trials-who-swings-it-with-either-arm/

@WAJsal have you been following this news? :)
Sounds interesting. I was reading about him yesterday. I hope Lahore Qalandars will sing him up and we can see him in action in the next PSL . That can give a better idea.

Only is he bowls the first ball with right arm and second one with left and continue alternating (telling Umpire on each delivery of course), the batsman will develop a habit of it and then on one ball he can decide to just walk silently to his run up without tell the umpire about change of arm and also bowls with the same arm as last delivery, the batsman is BOUND to miss it some time :D Even if they do not it still would be SOO MUCHH fun. The batsman will have an additional task of listening to the umpire every ball about what hand the bowler is going to use. :lol:

Shaytani kaam ha bahi yeh tu :P

@WAJsal have you been following this news? :)
Sounds interesting. I was reading about him yesterday. I hope Lahore Qalandars will sing him up and we can see him in action in the next PSL . That can give a better idea.
Yes, i like this guy. He copies actions, so it comes naturally to him.

I once saw a video of a kid who could copy every bowlers action, brilliant kid. Will try to find the video.

Is he on elector's radar these days?
I recall he had a very nippy action and could generate good swing at 140+ speeds in his prime.
I don't see him coming back any time soon, or if he performs like this consistently for a year of two. We have a good fast bowling combo.

The competition is really stiff in pace department, but i hope he finds some opportunities. PSL maybe.
No ones selected him and no one would want to either. Salman Butt and Asif might never be trusted again. wasted talent.

Back
Top Bottom