What's new

Four Months in Hindustan - Tarek Fatah chats with Tahir Gora

banvanaxl

Reaction score
Country
India
This was an eye opening video.

Eye opening for me personally as an Indian. It took a Pakistani journalist to help me begin to comprehend the issues that plague my country.

7.5 percent economy, a booming middle class and TATAs and ISRO and Rafales are brilliant but what about the issues that are still so much a part of our daily lives.

I am ashamed personally because it took Tarek Fateh to point out that I have never ever shared a cup of tea with my driver.

Likewise my idea about Pakistan underwent a sea change. He sounds alarmist and I am sure most of my fellow Pakistani forumists are going to dismiss him summarily, call him names and even label him traitor but I am equally sure that as long as moderate and forward thinking people like him exist and live on both sides of the border we Indians and Pakistanis will prosper and grow as individuals and as nations together.

@Oscar @Hyperion @MilSpec @GURU DUTT @SpArK @Abingdonboy @IND151 @jamahir @IND151 @Imran Khan @syed ali haider @Irfan Baloch @Manticore @AUSTERLITZ @Secur @jhungary @FaujHistorian @SrNair @WishLivePak

I think he is too old to understand the economic dynamism of India.

Let people.make their lives better, country will progress automatically.

Economics 101, probably old commie sympathizer.

but I am equally sure that as long as moderate and forward thinking people like him exist and live on both sides of the border we Indians and Pakistanis will prosper.

He doesn't live in Pakistan..He lives in Canada..If I am right.

the interviewer was very good and tarek fatah so provocative !! :lol:

he is also funny in places.

he is a good observer of india's economic disparity and about some of india's social ethos but is naive about others... for example, he uses "upper middle class indians" to describe those callous about india's injustice... no, much of the entire middle class is the same... selfish and always in rat-race... home to college, and back... home to job, and back... and blind and deaf about injustices in their own neighborhoods, let alone their city, let alone in some village in andhra or haryana.

he is also wrong also all of india's female population being sensible... don't younger females go through idiotic colleges into unjust and waste companies like infosys where suicides have happened and yet don't protest about that unnecessary loss of human life ?? don't mothers help families kill their own children ( especially daughters ) ?? are not many young females in colleges and the idiotic software/services industry arrogant and frivolous and fake ?? i feel like slapping many a female i see on roads who carries a arrogant expression of face and will talk rudely to a security guard of her company but becomes totally helpless and her arrogance pops like a balloon when the company hr manager removes them from the company along with a thousand others one fine day without giving a notice... where went their arrogance... :lol:

but i liked his description of indian muslims and their liking for those stupid loudspeakers in mosques... by the way, there are 300,000+ mosques in india, the world's highest count... he is right about the goodwill and attraction indian muslims will find if they throw away those loudspeakers... all that contribution to quiet... only then can indian muslims be able to speak of noise from temples and diwali fireworks.

and yet the typical modern indian muslim ( middle class, auto spare parts shop owner, labor etc ) does not really care about sufferings of muslims in the world which came through ... one million iraqis died ( mostly muslim ) and i know of no mosque in my city which spoke of this... and they don't even know where libya and syria are. :lol:

oh, yes... the typical modern muslim wears burqa and beard-without-moustache and becomes regularly enraged about cartoons and goes out in marches... but then ask him about nato's invasion of libya and he goes blank... pathetic... the typical modern indian muslim is embarrassment.

tarek fatah is right to wonder that non-muslims will not have fair judgement about the indian muslim male who has a straggly long beard, is clothed in "bade bhai ka kurta and chote bhai ka pajama". :rofl:

i liked his description of india's so-called "muslim leaders"... "kooda kadkat zakir naik". :rofl:

i would enjoy a long talk over tea with tarek fatah.

Eye opening for me personally as an Indian. It took a Pakistani journalist to help me begin to comprehend the issues that plague my country.

7.5 percent economy, a booming middle class and TATAs and ISRO and Rafales are brilliant but what about the issues that are still so much a part of our daily lives.

I am ashamed personally because it took Tarek Fateh to point out that I have never ever shared a cup of tea with my driver.

Likewise my idea about Pakistan underwent a sea change. He sounds alarmist and I am sure most of my fellow Pakistani forumists are going to dismiss him summarily, call him names and even label him traitor but I am equally sure that as long as moderate and forward thinking people like him exist and live on both sides of the border we Indians and Pakistanis will prosper and grow as individuals and as nations together.

@Oscar @Hyperion @MilSpec @GURU DUTT @SpArK @Abingdonboy @IND151 @jamahir @IND151 @Imran Khan @syed ali haider @Irfan Baloch @Manticore @AUSTERLITZ @Secur @jhungary @FaujHistorian @SrNair @WishLivePak

ramblings of a leftist.

Your views about a dumbo Tarek Fateh is enough to tell about you. A known joker calls himself Ex Pakistani and you are trying to understand Pakistan through his eyes either you are kidding or .......

His traced his family roots in Rajasthan where his ancestors migrated and converted in 18 th century.

straight forward man and a liberal.

I have seen many of his video including the OP..... Some time he exaggerates .... His views on QaideAzam are worth listening though most of Indians are thankful to Jinnah vision of Puristhan.....

but I am equally sure that as long as moderate and forward thinking people like him exist and live on both sides of the border we Indians and Pakistanis will prosper.

He doesn't live in Pakistan..He lives in Canada..If I am right.

Yup. You are correct. Just read up about him. He has been refused a Pakistani visa on number of occasions.

Ignorant leftists are good tea companions,

some leftists who are ignorants or ignorant-leftists ?? i am a leftist too... i am a good tea companion. :enjoy:

especially the girl versions.

ooh, those are rare in south india. :sad:

i should move to calcutta or delhi. :D

Old babas like him are just farting stinking wasted dude

i understand that some of his views about pakistan's formation and establishment may sound offensive to many pakistanis ( even i was shocked ), but is that the reason for your dislike ??

----------------

@banvanaxl is that photo in profile-pic you ??

the interviewer was very good and tarek fatah so provocative !! :lol:

he is also funny in places.

for example, he uses "upper middle class indians" to describe those callous about india's injustice... no, much of the entire middle class is the same...

only then can indian muslims be able to speak of noise from temples and diwali fireworks.

1) I had discussion with you in some other thread on Tipu or some mullah invaders n you were justifying the forceful conversion even under the sword so since when you start audaciously caring about Injustice ... Or its just for forum show off .....

2) Indian mullahs like you have no morals to tell us what shall we do or not ... We would continue to celebrate(without any perversion) the way we have been celebrating our fest ....

In full swing of double speak ......

He should have focussed on India than moving on to pakistan.
Especially rich poor divide, lack of empathy from middle class (as visible on this forum).
About hating bangladeshis more than pakistanis, this must have come from punjabis. Lot of Indians are dismissive about bangladesh (oh that small third world poor country), but even they dont hate bangladeshis.

There were two different ways muslim intellectuals dealt with general poverty of muslims, one is separation, other is communism. Tarek belongs to second group, and cant tolerate the first group.

I have seen many of his video including the OP..... Some time he exaggerates .... His views on QaideAzam are worth listening though most of Indians are thankful to Jinnah vision of Puristhan.....

baghwan ki deya se apun logon ko maaf kardo. tum logh mundi hila kar kiun nai jate bharat rakhshak per, unka forum ab band hone wala hai traffic kum hone ki waza se.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom