What's new

Breaking News- India has 60% of population in Poverty - Source and Link provided - Official Statistics - CNN & World Bank

According to World Bank Pakistan has less poverty headcount than India has:

At the end of the day two metrics stand out for me - life expectancy and infant mortality rate. I am assuming if you have money you want to live and you want your kids to live. Life expectancy in India is slightly higher than life expectancy in Pakistan. Infant Mortality Rate is significantly lower in India than Pakistan.

I agree with you. Indian government is not honest about its poverty rate.

The whole incumbency of Modi's rule is based on lies and propaganda. They have figured out that lies and propaganda are much cheaper to manufacture than actually improving Indians' lives in India.

These lies and propaganda are designed to make Indians perceive that things are all hunky dory under Modi rule - after all good news in India is hard to find, so it has to be "manufactured".

The whole focus of Hindutva is that Brahmins (Indian upper class) will hog all the wealth in India and it has to be at the expense of the misery and suffering of the poor of India (who are mostly non-Hindus and lower class Hindus, such as Dalits and schedule caste). Gareebon ka haq marne walla behaya chashm-khoree.

It is a fascist theocratic rule that no other country in South Asia has currently. Yet they are the poorest and getting more poor by the day.

India, despite its substantial progress, is still incredibly poor country. Typical Pakistani lives an opulent life compared to their Indian counterpart, as do the Bangladeshis. The extreme wealth at the top grossly inflates India’s economic reality.

Having traveled to both India and Pakistan, I would say poverty in India is heavily pronounced to the scale of abject horror.

But India, unlike Pakistan, is heavily investing in science and technology and other knowledge sectors of the future and with the escalating relocation of western manufacturing from China to India, India will be in a much better economic situation in a decade or so. India then will have left Pakistan far behind in every conceivable metric and joined the ranks of Indonesia and even perhaps Malaysia and Turkey.

So, India is reaching for the moon (literally and figuratively) while Pakistan is racing to the bottom. With the army created political instability and polarization, Pakistan will struggle to be a viable state in the years ahead. The unchecked and unaccountable army junta will be Pakistan’s greatest threat, as they have been since the 1950s when they jailed and allegedly murdered Fatima Jinnah, the beloved sister of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, the country’s founder.

It’s very hard for a country of 1.4 billion to get Rich. Even china is poor country compare to west. Poorest country of eu which is Bulgaria has higher per capita then china.

India has to perform miracle….few billion investment by google and apple and bunch of portfolio managers parking dollar to buy over value Indian stocks won’t cut it.

India, despite its substantial progress, is still incredibly poor country. Typical Pakistani lives an opulent life compared to their Indian counterpart, as do the Bangladeshis. The extreme wealth at the top grossly inflates India’s economic reality.

Having traveled to both India and Pakistan, I would say poverty in India is heavily pronounced to the scale of abject horror.

I have met quite a few on YT with a similar assessment..

But India, unlike Pakistan, is heavily investing in science and technology and other knowledge sectors of the future and with the escalating relocation of western manufacturing from China to India, India will be in a much better economic situation in a decade or so. India then will have left Pakistan far behind in every conceivable metric and joined the ranks of Indonesia and even perhaps Malaysia and Turkey.

So, India is reaching for the moon (literally and figuratively) while Pakistan is racing to the bottom. With the army created political instability and polarization, Pakistan will struggle to be a viable state in the years ahead. The unchecked and unaccountable army junta will be Pakistan’s greatest threat, as they have been since the 1950s when they jailed and allegedly murdered Fatima Jinnah, the beloved sister of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, the country’s founder.

The real issue is overall economic viability of the state. India's state is economically viable. Pakistan is bankrupt. When you do not have money you will collapse over time. That is how the Muslim empires of the past historically fell apart. It is not going to be too long (we are talking 20-30 years) before Pakistan does not have a Saudi Arabia, China or America to bail it out.

I have met quite a few on YT with a similar assessment..

On average, pakistanis are certainly wealthier than Indians. You don’t need the World Bank, IMF reports to tell you this. In fact, Pakistan is comfortably richer than many developing countries, but this is not reflected in official reports due to the obscenely undocumented nature of its economy.

Pakistan is heavily consumption based economy. Everything is imported which is both unsustainable and for a 230-million plus population, economic planning nightmare.

Here are some basic FAO data from the FAOSTAT website comparing Bangladesh and India.

I am amazed how Indian situation can be so dramatically worse on these basic metrics, given the claims of Modi that India is such a superior place compared to Bangladesh and that Bangladeshis are madly pole-vaulting to India to have a better quality of life.

Notice undernourishment took a turn for the worse past 2019. Covid alone cannot explain it.

Prevalence of Undernourishment (11.2% for Bangladesh vs. 16.6% for India)
1695884528033.png

1695884653898.png

Prevalence of anemia among women of reproductive age (15-49 yrs) (36.7% for Bangladesh vs. 53.3% for India) - important metric for maternal health
1695885036402.png

1695884971180.png

Percentage of Child malnutrition as evidenced in Stunting & Wasting (26.4% & 9.8% in Bangladesh vs. 31.7% & 18.7% in India - respectively)
1695885373970.png

1695885439346.png

Last edited:
On average, pakistanis are certainly wealthier than Indians. You don’t need the World Bank, IMF reports to tell you this. In fact, Pakistan is comfortably richer than many developing countries, but this is not reflected in official reports due to the obscenely undocumented nature of its economy.

Pakistan is heavily consumption based economy. Everything is imported which is both unsustainable and for a 230-million plus population, economic planning nightmare.

Historically Pakistan has a better profile - less population density than India and more per arable land & captia water. Pakistan has gotten 3-4 times more foreign aid on a per captia basis. Thanks to population growth and geopolitics those advantages are gone for good.

India wins the averages because wealthy Indians are rich. In fact rich and upper middle class Indians are sitting on more assets thanks to booming stock & property markets. There is no contest here. You need to compare the medians to get a better idea.

I keep hearing this undocumented economy in Pakistan. What is undocumented ? Narcotics ? Prostitution.

Consume what ? You can compare automobile sales, petroleum consumption, electricity utilization, smartphone sales between both countries. India would be slightly ahead on a per captia basis. You cannot fake some of these metrics.

Last edited:
Pakistan has gotten 3-4 times more foreign aid on a per captia basis.
14 times. All wasted down the drain.

I keep hearing this undocumented economy.
Unofficial economy. Transactions aren’t monitored or taxed. Informal economy is a better word to describe it. It’s a loss to the nation in the form of unpaid taxes.

@Muji.Iqbal , please close this thread since you opened it with doctored data and with malice. Please quote reports and data from credible sources.

14 times. All wasted down the drain.

Unofficial economy. Transactions aren’t monitored or taxed. Informal economy is a better word to describe it. It’s a loss to the nation in the form of unpaid taxes.

@Muji.Iqbal , please close this thread since you opened it with doctored data and with malice. Please quote reports and data from credible sources.

I know what unofficial or undocumented economy is. Also known as black market. USA has it. India has it.

Yes USA support India as a counter to China. LOL. :lol:

India could never be like China. :D

Idiot, I believe CNN and World Bank. Stop wasting our time here. :omghaha:
Lol the USA does know how to pull off a hilarious joke!

Have the USA policy makers forgotten how China handled the Allies in the Korean War?

On a good day India is a third rate power, a backwards superstitious society, and cowards of the lowest degree.

I guess SOMEONE has to be slaughtered by the Chinese military onslaught. The USA prefers it rather not be any Americans.

Lol the USA does know how to pull off a hilarious joke!

Have the USA policy makers forgotten how China handled the Allies in the Korean War?

On a good day India is a third rate power, a backwards superstitious society, and cowards of the lowest degree.

I guess SOMEONE has to be slaughtered by the Chinese military onslaught. The USA prefers it rather not be any Americans.
lol I quoted CNN which is quoting World Bank.

The CNN article is worthy enough to be seen as a reliable report.

I don't need some stupid Indians to tell me otherwise.

India has 60% of population in poverty.

lol I quoted CNN which is quoting World Bank.

The CNN article is worthy enough to be seen as a reliable report.

I don't need some stupid Indians to tell me otherwise.

India has 60% of population in poverty.
In reality it is more likely higher. The whole Indian society is plagued with corruption, so much so that they don't even hesitate to steal funds meant to be spent on food for their soldiers.

In all honesty though, the tradionalist Anglosaxons would not have fooled themselves by thinking that India somehow stands a chance if it wasn't for the delusional Zionist neocons. George Dubya Bush after all believed that God literally talked to him!

Back
Top Bottom