What's new

Eight F-16s the hurdles and the heartburn

I edited my post...it happens when you see a poster continuously jumping on each and every Pakistani defense related threads and trying hard to prove that we don't have money to buy anything...or the equipment we are purchasing have no value...
Thank you for being gracious. The western perception of Pakistan is different from the local perception. I tend to agree that finance and corruption remain major hurdls towards growth in defence and other sectors. However there is always foom to disagree and leave it at that.
A

I edited my post...it happens when you see a poster continuously jumping on each and every Pakistani defense related threads and trying hard to prove that we don't have money to buy anything...or the equipment we are purchasing have no value...
In the end it doesn't matter as you have to spend what you have to spend, in order to defend your country. I'm glad for the F-16 deal and hope it goes through with few problems but I actually think pursuing JF-17 possibly J-10 has been good for Pakistan. Cheaper, much fewer complications than with American sales, easier to maintain, etc.

Please elaborate.
we care about one thing when it comes to the RAF, and thats having the best kit in the world. our typhoons are good and are getting better at a very fast rate n the name of the tranche 3b.in 2005 or around that time one of your f16a was in a dog fight against one of our tranche 1's. the f16 won. which is due to the our pliots being trained manly for bvra and not wvra also the f16a variant is the lightest variant of the f16 family and is incredibly agile. also its worth noting as requirement we restricts the typhoons performance so thats is true capability is not revieled. this was shown when the su-30mki came here and when against the typhoons. appanently they "beat" us but in fact thats what they supposed to do. we do somthing that provokes the mki pliot to ive the mki more and more and moreupuntill the point it can go no more while our typhoons which has several components which restrict the performce of the typhoon to the point that it no slouch nor does it give of its true capabilities. thats what piper is refering to, either im thinking too much or she's saying we dont have a jet to offer you guys. the typhoon would solve your problems but you need money.
we had this
hqdefault.jpg

In the end it doesn't matter as you have to spend what you have to spend, in order to defend your country. I'm glad for the F-16 deal and hope it goes through with few problems but I actually think pursuing JF-17 possibly J-10 has been good for Pakistan. Cheaper, much fewer complications than with American sales, easier to maintain, etc.
Since we are co producing JF-17 and have lot of other options in hand US can no more threat us with sanctions on jets...Our economy is growing fast and have many friends who want to see us strong so money is no problem...We are using F-16 since ages and have good experience on it...so our first choice for 4th Gen jet is always F-16...otherwise we have options available in China and Russia.

we care about one thing when it comes to the RAF, and thats having the best kit in the world. our typhoons are good and are getting better at a very fast rate n the name of the tranche 3b.in 2005 or around that time one of your f16a was in a dog fight against one of our tranche 1's. the f16 won. which is due to the our pliots being trained manly for bvra and not wvra also the f16a variant is the lightest variant of the f16 family and is incredibly agile. also its worth noting as requirement we restricts the typhoons performance so thats is true capability is not revieled. this was shown when the su-30mki came here and when against the typhoons. appanently they "beat" us but in fact thats what they supposed to do. we do somthing that provokes the mki pliot to ive the mki more and more and moreupuntill the point it can go no more while our typhoons which has several components which restrict the performce of the typhoon to the point that it no slouch nor does it give of its true capabilities. thats what piper is refering to, either im thinking too much or she's saying we dont have a jet to offer you guys. the typhoon would solve your problems but you need money.
we had this
hqdefault.jpg

umm..No, I wasn't referring to that old boy! (hope you don't mind the boarding school reference :) )

What I meant was you shouldn't be attacked because you are on this thread as an impartial observer unlike the Americans, Pakistanis and Indians.

As for RAF, I have nothing but deep respect. Your flyboys are among the finest and have nothing to prove to johny come latelys of the world and EFT from what I know is no slouch either.

I also second your observations about performance of flankers vis a vis western jets in friendly exercises. While they are nothing to sneeze at at, I don't think either the British or us will loose much sleep over them

Since we are co producing JF-17 and have lot of other options in hand US can no more threat us with sanctions on jets...Our economy is growing fast and have many friends who want to see us strong so money is no problem...We are using F-16 since ages and have good experience on it...so our first choice for 4th Gen jet is always F-16...otherwise we have options available in China and Russia.
If I were a Pakistani leader, I would be pursuing some sort of local production or at least, assembly of the J-10, which I think has a lot of potential, as well as continuing with the JF-17 to replace the older Mirages, J-7, etc.

Last edited:
Some inside information
Regarding the 8 new F-16s, my source tells me that they are standard Block-52, which upon arrival will be inducted and sent on their mission the next day, so as to speak, it's just not viable to have small batch of aircraft with extra gadgets like the AESA.....then you will need to find and spend millions more on upgrading the rest of the fleet, besides any new system aircraft can't be utilised until you have fully trained and have mastered that platform where as the standard Block-52 will executing their training and combat duties soon after their arrival....the Block-52s have been at the forefront in campaign against the terrorists with results beyond expectations.....the Americans are also well aware of this.
@Bilal Khan 777 , I also queried on the benefits of JHMCS,... the difference is in helmet mounted display and JOINT HMCS, which is now compatible with all our F-16 fleet. It's very effective with Lima and Papa rounds as they can operate up to 45 degrees. Regarding the present situation ,hurdles created and heartburn suffering across the border, my source made an interesting comment, ''While most countries make an effort to climb the ladder, there are some who divert their time, energy and resources in trying to drag others down, thus losing their own goals in process.... such actions inspire us even more and benefit us.....similarly, if the Americans deliver the F-16s, well and good but if they don't we are not at a loss as unlike the 90s, there are other options at our disposal, the US is well aware of this and concious of the fact of losing the market as well as any leverage''. !!
Also found this interesting piece on PAF standards.

CcKD-7zW0AA5uOR_zpszvs8ojvr.jpg~original

@Oscar @Horus @MastanKhan @Irfan Baloch @MaarKhoor
time and again the victims of this hateful 8 jets deal will tell us much this deal is insignificant and cant compare to their hundreds of jets .. yet online and off line they are ranting and cursing us and the Americans. the current Indian goverment has really reached some milestones and true to its election pledges assembled a team of lunatics that openly threatened to use dirty tactics on Pakistan and introduced an ugly and shocking face of covert war though school attacks that is only comparable to Daesh in the middle east and openly hosting Baloch terrorists inside India, on diplomatic front well their reaction reminds me of the spy Pigeon joke..
we would have moved on from this story but no, the Indians ensured that the laughter continues at their expense.

hateful8.png

umm..No, I wasn't referring to that old boy! (hope you don't mind the boarding school reference :) )

What I meant was you shouldn't be attacked because you are on this thread as an impartial observer unlike the Americans, Pakistanis and Indians.

As for RAF, I have nothing but deep respect. Your flyboys are among the finest and have nothing to prove to johny come latelys of the world and EFT from what I know is no slouch either.

I also second your observations about performance of flankers vis a vis western jets in friendly exercises. While they are nothing to sneeze at at, I don't think either the British or us will loose much sleep over them
thanks for clarifying

time and again the victims of this hateful 8 jets deal will tell us much this deal is insignificant and cant compare to their hundreds of jets .. yet online and off line they are ranting and cursing us and the Americans.
View attachment 295626

I love this, the Hateful 8!!!! :yahoo: By my favorite Quentin Tarantino!!!! Its funny to see the Indian reaction. This is a diplomatic defeat to India at all levels. The funny thing is, India is a nation which the US pretty much single handedly brought to the 21st Century from the 18th century just 20 years ago. Now the same India, that's modernizing due to the US $$$$, expects to dictate the US and wants her to change their policies, etc? How does that work?

That's very stupid to even think to be honest that someone made you learn to walk and run, will take dictation from you!! By the way, to bring India to the 21st century from the 18th century, just 20 years ago, I wanted to THANK YOU, MR. CLINTON (as no Indians will say that, but I thank you for your hard work for India. You should be listed for the Nobel prize, nominated by the Indian members for your work for India)!! :cheers:

The fact of the matter is, these 8 jets are a go. And there are another 18 in pipes (new), or 24 used for the near future, sorry Indian members, its definitely :flame:.

This deal can't be stopped and the next one will not be stopped either. The stronger we make the Pakistani military, the more our men and women in the Uniform will be protected and less US soldiers' blood will spill in Afghanistan as Pakistan (like she has been), will further intensity their operations against the terrorists so they don't cross over into the shi*t hole across the border, and cause trouble for the US soldiers.

At some point, I hope the Pentagon forms a relationship with the Pakistanis where majority of cross border (near border) operations can be conducted by the PAF-PA as they are already manning the border. They are trained by the US forces, communicate with them on all operations, and can take the extra charge and work as a partner.

With a growing economy, in the next few years, Pakistan looks all set to play a regional power role. Watch how fast things will work from a military procurement's standpoint, starting from late 2018 onward.

Last edited:
If I were a Pakistani leader, I would be pursuing some sort of local production of at least, assembly of the J-10, which I think has a lot of potential, as well as continuing with the JF-17 to replace the older Mirages, J-7, etc.

Read my mind. I think Pakistan should try to be able to produce J10's under licence like how Turkey produces F16's under licence. However, I think the JF17 is the main focus right now. Afterwards, I think we should go for Chinese 5th gen aircraft, and then try to locally manufacture J10's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom