What's new

Eight F-16s the hurdles and the heartburn

Indeed, seems not feasible as per current developments.
While looking at all those complaints and heart burns, seems like they knew what is going to happen next.

8 odd F-16 never make sense to begin with ... a follow up order for another 10 is a must .. so Indians do have a idea that eventually these F-16 will be at IAF tails in any future conflicts ..their heart burn is completely justified LOL

If so, even then the scene will on.

it will be a huge scene brothers . half of lock sabha will get instant heart attack if that happen ..
V Upgrade comes with IRST + AESA + Engine Upgrades ( not sure ) .. even if PAF does not get AESA but upgraded Radar , will be enough ..

Not very clear about that IMO however could be a good approach though I am not seeing them coming in near future as gonna cost a lot and we will be busy with other programs.

I just hope they adopt this approach ..

a follow up order for another 10 is a must

Heard about it and surely there will be... (while viewing the developments and news so also as per last talks of 18 -8=10)...

upgraded Radar ,

There is possibility in that as there is a rapid change in geopolitics so the need could be quoted as well as may work out but in future.

I just hope they adopt this approach

IMO, top brass knows the plan and if it is worth more beneficial then In'Sha'ALLAH there will be news as well but may take some time and patient is the key here. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

I can imagine Lok Sabha getting heart attack wearing Lungi`s :P
it will be a huge scene brothers . half of lock sabha will get instant heart attack if that happen ..
V Upgrade comes with IRST + AESA + Engine Upgrades ( not sure ) .. even if PAF does not get AESA but upgraded Radar , will be enough ..

Why is India creating such a big fuss over 8 F-16's?

Does India have lack of faith in its armed forces that 8 F-16 changes the strategic equation in South Asia?

1. Rafale deal hasn't been signed yet
2. A tool doesn't improve the operator, it's the other way around.
3. I don't think even India themselves believe in the cold start doctrine. It is a bluff, nothing more. And it doesn't seem to be working.

Hi,

That used to be the saying of the past----in the current day machine---most of your work is cut out----just by learning and using the system can be very advantageous.

if india doesn't believe in cold start doctrine then why we have done so many military exercises to develop a reply to cold start doctrine and developed short ranged tactical nukes ?every military analyst(not keyboard warriors) starts his discussion with cold start doctrine. it is not just a drama and even if it is then indians have successfully fooled us.

There is no harm in being too careful. It's a bluff, but we still need to be able to counter it when it does end up being a possibility.

Let's say the send 100 of them [ SuMKI ](sounds reasonable). Against 30 F16's, they will lose.

Oh? So you're from the Let's not let this puny thing called reality get in the way of our dreams school of thought?
You'd make such a great Indian fanboy with that reasoning that I almost wondered if you were not a false flagger.

Those F-16s are not going to make PAF invincible, mate! That is why these convos are ludicrous.
PAF has the necessary strength to defend the land tooth and nail and such new orders only help
maintain that, no more!
Being rational about one's might is essential otherwise you are up for disappointment or worse.

Pakistan needs enough to safeguard itself ( unless a new war is in the books ). It has that now.
Taking care of the insurgency ( -cies ) is the job at hand. Let the Indians bark, confident that their
bad habits ( procurement fiascos ) will deter them from attacking better than any tech on this side
but please don't give in to fairy tales. At that game, they'll always win?

Just sayin' Tay.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom