What's new

Durga Puja is not only Hindu festival. It is festival for all : Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina

Status
Not open for further replies.

We are secular. She just appreciating the beauty of Devi Durga's idols. She is not worshipping it. Also as a prime minister she is also guardian of Hindu community. So its her duty to greet Hindus on their festival.

She is bound by law and constitution to treat all religious communities equally. Every year Bangladesh Govt. gives huge donation to Hindu Mandirs across the nation. Hindus are given more donation for practicing their religion than Muslims. Hindus are the original Bengali people of Bangladesh. We converted Muslims are Hindu converts. So, we are by theory hybrid Bengali with Arabic influence but Hindus are by theory 'true' Bengalis. Bangladesh Awami League govt. promotes Bengali culture, not Muslim culture in Bangladesh. Our founding father Sheikh Mujib removed Muslim word from his party in 1953 when he became party general secretary to make the party secular and a party for all people. He and his daughter promotes Bengali secular culture in Bangladesh which is less Muslim influenced and more Hindu influenced culture. We are Hindu by culture but Muslim by faith. That's the fact and even if our women wear burqa and men wear topi we can not change our ethnic culture which is hugely Hinduism influenced.

We are secular. She just appreciating the beauty of Devi Durga's idols. She is not worshipping it. Also as a prime minister she is also guardian of Hindu community. So its her duty to greet Hindus on their festival.

She is bound by law and constitution to treat all religious communities equally. Every year Bangladesh Govt. gives huge donation to Hindu Mandirs across the nation. Hindus are given more donation for practicing their religion than Muslims. Hindus are the original Bengali people of Bangladesh. We converted Muslims are Hindu converts. So, we are by theory hybrid Bengali with Arabic influence but Hindus are by theory 'true' Bengalis. Bangladesh Awami League govt. promotes Bengali culture, not Muslim culture in Bangladesh. Our founding father Sheikh Mujib removed Muslim word from his party in 1953 when he became party general secretary to make the party secular and a party for all people. He and his daughter promotes Bengali secular culture in Bangladesh which is less Muslim influenced and more Hindu influenced culture. We are Hindu by culture but Muslim by faith. That's the fact and even if our women wear burqa and men wear topi we can not change our ethnic culture which is hugely Hinduism influenced.

If I ever have to troll Bangladeshis by false flagging, I would copy this guy. :lol:

And, replaced the Ay-Yildiz (Hilal ve Sitara), the symbol of the Muslim conquests, with a Sun, the symbol of Somnath, Mitra, Sun-God etc..

And, replaced the “Huda-i Zul Jelal” in the Pak national anthem with the Hindu concepts materialized in the BD national anthem composed by Tagore…..

Even the Firaun, Nemrut or Ebu Jahil couldn’t accomplish the above!! They wanted the continuation of the Ba’til; Mujib and his cohorts replaced the Hak with the Ba’til…..

Last edited:
The underlined... I liked what you said.

But about the very first line and the next one in your post, well, every religion believes that. :) There is lot else that differentiates Islam from other religions.

Tell me, you believe in God being the creator of the universe and I believe in the universe being Nature which is supreme to any humans who believes or does not in God. Whatever that Great Element is, it seems to be a very tolerant thing. :D

In any case all I want to do is to be on Mars in 15 years from now. :D

How ? Do you know the edges of the universe / Nature ?

Well, I understand Islamic credo of God being formless and infinite and this coming about in an era of idolatry and polytheism. This I have said in posts# 71 and 74. But as for my fundamental belief you have read my previous posts to Indos.

I don't really know if something called "Fabric of space-time" really exists, unless someone builds a spaceship that uses Alcubierre Drive propulsion. I don't really know if "Dark energy" exists. But regarding expansion of the universe, it can be that various space objects ( stars, galaxies, pre-galaxies etc ) are moving away from each other for some reason. Maybe just like the Sun and the Earth spin within their own system and the Earth revolves around the Sun, the moving-away objects must have their own revolving mechanism but on a huge timescale.

If @Riyad is a Lower Caste so what ? Is he not a human who has to be allowed all due rights ? Do you want to be a Hindutvadi who sees himself as automatically entitled based on his Upper Caste status and disparages or oppresses a Lower Caste automatically ? I don't see why some desi Muslim members on the forum do this some times. They say they are Muslims - who are meant to be evolved - but they are not empathetic. Please don't be them.
Science hasn't explained dark or "infinite" energy, it only considers it as a property of the fabric of the universe. Galaxies get more red shifted in light the further they are, which means the universe is expanding and accelerating. It may also be rotating, but that doesn't matter.

We can see to the "edge" of the universe where the fabric of space-time is accelerating, but there the speed of expansion is less than the speed of light. Beyond the edge, it is expanding faster than the speed of light. That means the unobservable universe is likely unimaginably bigger than the observable!

Yet, the size is finite because the universe started from the inflation event of a singular infinitesimally small point 13.8 billion years ago called the Big Bang. That means there was no time going back 15 billion years because time didn't exist. However, "Somebody" did "Exist".

Last edited:
But the idea that Pakistani's have the sole authority to speak on behalf of all Muslims in the sub-continent (or even the entire continent), is kind of laughable if it wasn't so historically tragic. This is why so many Bengali's to this day loath Pakistani's, with a passion.
You are not first to laugh about it

Throught history others have laughed about it too

Gamal Abdel Nasser had kept no secret of his dislike for Pakistan. He admired Nehru and gravitated toward him. But even before Nasser came to power, King Farouk had poked fun at Pakistan.

Even though Egypt still had British troops in the Suez canal zone and the country was far from being truly sovereign, Farouk had a bloated opinion about himself and his country. What irked him perhaps were the Pakistani leadership’s references to Pakistan being the biggest Muslim country pledged to Islam. He said sarcastically that it seemed Islam was born in August 1947.

https://www.dawn.com/news/798408

You are not first to laugh about it

Throught history others have laughed about it too

https://www.dawn.com/news/798408
" the editorial said that Pakistan’s desire to serve the Islamic world was being misunderstood as an attempt to be the leader of the Arab-Islamic world (which place Egypt thought belonged to it). Subsequent events widened the gulf between the two countries. "

COI
In an era of post colonial- pan islamist movement (this started couple years after the collapse of Khalifa)
Egypt wanted to be its leader- that's why their conflict with Saadia and Iran too (due to US alliance)
wished you looked at the context instead of being a...

Last edited:
4tumm4.jpg

And, replaced the Ay-Yildiz (Hilal ve Sitara), the symbol of the Muslim conquests, with a Sun, the symbol of Somnath, Mitra, Sun-God etc..

And, replaced the “Huda-i Zul Jelal” in the Pak national anthem with the Hindu concepts materialized in the BD national anthem composed by Tagore…..

Even the Firaun, Nemrut or Ebu Jahil couldn’t accomplish the above!! They wanted the continuation of the Ba’til; Mujib and his cohorts replaced the Hak with the Ba’til…..

Dude, it may sound strange to you but Bangladeshi Muslims also celebrate Durga Puja and dance and sing during Durga Puja. Muslims avoid performing Puja part but join in dancing on Hindi and Bengali songs. They arrange dance shows after Puja. That part is for all Hindus and Muslims. It is not bad dancing. It's just fun like what people do in Eid festival. They also distribute prashad to Muslims and also give clothes to poor Muslim people.

Whole country is in such a festive mood now. As we are secular people we celebrate Eid and Puja together. Bangladeshis have a popular slogan. "Everyone has their own religion but festivals are for all."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom