What's new

Do you have any questions about China?

Chinese friends. I have a question about your cuisine. In Sweden at least the most common type of chinese food in restaurants is the buffet type fried food I'm sure some of you are familiar with. Of course this must be something that's been adapted for western taste. I've always wanted to try real chinese food, taste the essence of China if one can put it that way.
What dishes do you recommend?

There are maybe Tens of thousands of Chinese food.Major traditions include Anhui, Cantonese, Fujian, Hunan, Jiangsu, Shandong, Szechuan, and Zhejiang cuisines.

Chinese cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you like piquant, choose Szechuan cuisine what the most popular in china.
If you like sweet,choose Jiangsu cuisine and Cantonese cuisine.

Shandong cuisine is the most famous cuisine in Beijing.

Chinese friends. I have a question about your cuisine. In Sweden at least the most common type of chinese food in restaurants is the buffet type fried food I'm sure some of you are familiar with. Of course this must be something that's been adapted for western taste. I've always wanted to try real chinese food, taste the essence of China if one can put it that way.
I do not think Chinese food is confined by a certain 'dish', like spaghetti bolognese, Yorkshire Puttin, American apple pie and etc```

like a very simple plate like egg fried rice tastes very different if it is cooked in China or other countries...if you want to experience the real deal, visiting China is the best way to do it```but if it is not fessible, you can always ask any Chinese friends (better to ask those students, not those Chinese who was born there) to bring you to the most 'authentic' Chinese restaurants in your area or country

please visit: Douguo Recipe

↑↑

see "Douguo Recipe" (a famous website which people can post their family cooking recipes)

majority of the recipes listed there not very good looking (compared with western food) -
the upload users are amateurs (for example: family wives).

pic0uny74mc.jpg

yuan_759f282a9b07a3c2e09768afff81284a.png

Szechuan cuisine seems very interesting! And I'll ask some chinese people where the best food can be found in my city.
Thanks for the responses.

辣子鸡 looks delicious.

La_Zi_Ji_%28Chicken_with_Chiles%29_%282269517013%29.jpg

Szechuan cuisine seems very interesting! And I'll ask some chinese people where the best food can be found in my city.
Thanks for the responses.

辣子鸡 looks delicious.

La_Zi_Ji_%28Chicken_with_Chiles%29_%282269517013%29.jpg

yea, "辣子雞"(or "辣子雞丁", same meaning) is delicious if cooked by a good chef ( also very spicy/hot... )

its wiki :

Chicken with chilies (辣子雞, pinyin: Là Zǐ Jī; literally "Spicy chicken") is a well-known Sichuan-style Chinese dish. It consists of marinated, deep-fried pieces of chicken that are then stir-fried with garlic, ginger, and chile peppers. The chicken and chilies are served together and diners use chopsticks to pick out the pieces of chicken, leaving the chilies in the bowl.

sometimes, it served like this (we call it "searching chicken pieces in the chilies"...)

VvRE.jpeg

There are maybe Tens of thousands of Chinese food.Major traditions include Anhui, Cantonese, Fujian, Hunan, Jiangsu, Shandong, Szechuan, and Zhejiang cuisines.

Chinese cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you like piquant, choose Szechuan cuisine what the most popular in china.
If you like sweet,choose Jiangsu cuisine and Cantonese cuisine.

Shandong cuisine is the most famous cuisine in Beijing.

Delicious 鲁菜 Lu cai - Shandong Cuisine:

20091216213310665.jpg

红烧排骨 Braised spare ribs

20091216213327249.jpg

香辣蟹 Hot and spicy Crab

20091216213350151.jpg

油焖大虾 Braised king prawns

2009121621348960.jpg

德州扒鸡 Dezhou spicy chicken

i5b4j8q8m6t7j5c6.jpg

土豆排骨 Stewed pork ribs and potatoes

20091216213437396.jpg

葱烧海参 - Sea cucumber braied in Shangdong scallions

3.jpg

抓炒鱼条 - deep fried fillets in sweet and sour sauce

129799005085625000_sy.jpg

山东干炸丸子 Deep fried meat balls

What a load of rubbish!

Have you seen these?

relax ... you know what I mean ...

the Douguo Recipe is mainly pictures uploaded by amateurs / not by commercial photographer

for example:

VwiB.jpeg

compared to "commercial photo" of western food :

for exmaple:

IMG_1025.jpg

please don't posting those images because no one willing to eat those things

do not be condescending when you want making friends

and humility is a virtue

1358758212315.gif

the Douguo Recipe is mainly pictures uploaded by amateurs / not by commercial photographer

for example:

VwiB.jpeg

for exmaple:

IMG_1025.jpg

and humility is a virtue

1358758212315.gif

silly! that is not humility but ignorant childish western worshipping!

Even when the above pic comparing an "amateurish" photo with "commericial" photo the effect is much less than obvious!

这么幼稚的无理践踏,长他人志气灭自己威风!

for example:

VwiB.jpeg

for exmaple:

IMG_1025.jpg

and humility is a virtue

1358758212315.gif

你非要把挺好的东西做成屎样子,谁也拦不住你.
跟中国菜比外观,简直是可笑

silly! that is not humility but ignorant childish western worshipping!

Even when the above pic comparing an "amateurish" photo with "commericial" photo the effect is much less than obvious!

这么幼稚的无理践踏,长他人志气灭自己威风!

well ... that's not a battle

like "文無第壹", some Chinese food are tasty AND some western food are tasty

when I was a university student in UK, I really love their traditional Roast Breaded Cod Fillet ...

This is no conflict between the two,

and different people may likes different tastes

so don't be that serious

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom