What's new

Taiwan TV street interview : What will you do if China invades Taiwan? "I'll surrender"

China will build lots of robots and make extensive use of AI in every day to fill the void of human labour. There will be no worry short of manpower.
AI can't take care of human beings

WZYoDprLBILZkLZ_giDc6XgjEausSZuXHJL-756gRJw.png
2098? Some people projected that the world came to the end in 2012.

You should tell that to the Shanghai Academy of Social Science.

But you're right, China's TFR may even drop further to South Korean levels in the future instead of maintaining the current TFR.

Urban China's TFR has already dropped to 0.86. And China will still be urbanizing for the foreseeable future.

1678011359328-png.918905

This was what the family plan was designed for, the proper number of the population for a country the size of China should be around 500 million, but that could take China 500 years to achieve. In our life time, the size of the population will be most likely remain unchanged ,about 1.3billion to 1.4 billion. A whole big chunk of the humanity. As for what China would be after we die, it could be everyone's guess which I couldn't care about less.

This was what the family plan was designed for, the proper number of the population for a country the size of China should be around 500 million, but that could take China 500 years to achieve. In our life time, the size of the population will be most likely remain unchanged ,about 1.3billion to 1.4 billion. A whole big chunk of the humanity. As for what China would be after we die, it could be everyone's guess which I couldn't care about less.

That's like saying Japan's aging population is not a problem because their population should drop below 30mil. It's such an outdated thinking.

And 500mil with 300mil above the age of 65?

WZYoDprLBILZkLZ_giDc6XgjEausSZuXHJL-756gRJw.png

In our life time, the size of the population will be most likely remain unchanged ,about 1.3billion to 1.4 billion.

I don't know how old how you are, but I'm in my 20s. If I live as long as the average Singaporean into the 80s, I might see China's population fall below a billion in my lifetime.

w-b9Ocxy3Co1_iJp4S9zInZEkRLMB31WMyklDIkQVBE.png

But again, it's not really about the size but the structure of the population...

China's low birthrate is due to the high housing price, it's fixable by putting in place new policies, China still has 1.4 billion people, world's large population base, Not having enough people is the last thing China would worry about, the more pressing issue for now is how to provide enough jobs for tens of millions fresh college graduates each year.

微信图片_20230413214852.png

2021-06-13T000000Z_1959301407_RC2LZN92AN0Q_RTRMADP_3_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-CHINA-WUHAN.jpg

Last edited:
But again, it's not really about the size but the structure of the population...
China is still far from a consumption based economy, and even China ends up having 1.4 billion old people, do old people consume or not? they are still 1.4 billion consumers.

If I had 1 euro every time beijingwalker posted a thread about good China is and how bad every country except China is,I would have had a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra by now.

The guy should be banned. He is nothing but a propaganda poster. I suggest,every and each person here who agrees with me,just report this post and tell mods and admins to ban the account permanently. He posts nothing but propaganda and has an agenda.

China is still far from a consumption based economy, and even China ends up having 1.4 billion old people, do old people consume or not? they are still 1.4 billion consumers.

Why do you keep conflating between size and structure? I mean, this is an issue facing not just China but basically every developed countries, and especially East Asia. But just because China is big, you think her pension fund won't go into deficit? Healthcare spending as a percentage of GDP won't rise?

If I had 1 euro every time beijingwalker posted a thread about good China is and how bad every country except China is,I would have had a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra by now.

The guy should be banned. He is nothing but a propaganda poster. I suggest,every and each person here who agrees with me,just report this post and tell mods and admins to ban the account permanently. He posts nothing but propaganda and has an agenda.
Lol, to be honest, I m just so happy to make haters lives so miserable like you, lol.. hilarious, I will still torture you, day by day. :yahoo: :yahoo:

China's low birthrate is due to the high housing price, it's fixable by putting in place new policies

Maybe, but I'm not too optimistic. Singapore has fairly affordable housing relative to our median household income, and yet our TFR is still rock bottom.

the more pressing issue for now is how to provide enough jobs for tens of millions fresh college graduates each year.

We have an opposite problem here, not enough workers lol.

But how bad is it? I see on Douyin many graduates lamenting about the difficulty of finding a job. A waiter job paying 5K yuan with 100+ graduate applicants etc. Sounds a bit exaggerated.

Why do you keep conflating between size and structure? I mean, this is an issue facing not just China but basically every developed countries, and especially East Asia. But just because China is big, you think her pension fund won't go into deficit? Healthcare spending as a percentage of GDP won't rise?
Because this problem can be fixed and it's not a terminal crisis, the government can easily fix it by giving free houses to parents who birth more children, of course it will hurt real estate sector hard but if it really comes to that point the government will do it. 1.4 billion consumers can still contribute a lot no matter they are old or young, the absolute number does matter for a country's overall economy, China is moving to a consumption based economy, and maybe this will play right into China's hands.

You truly think too much of yourself
No you do, don't you :D

But how bad is it? I see on Douyin many graduates lamenting about the difficulty of finding a job. A waiter job paying 5K yuan with 100+ graduate applicants etc. Sounds a bit exaggerated.
The pressing issue now is to provide enough jobs for such a huge young population, China still has too many people. Not having enough people .

Last edited:
Japan and Korea now need to import foreign workers, it won't be the case for China for decades to come if not centuries, see the difference? base number of the population does matter in all aspects.

Because this problem can be fixed and it's not a terminal crisis, the government can easily fix it by giving free houses to parents who birth more children, of course it will hurt real estate sector hard but if it really comes to that point the government will do it. 1.4 billion consumers can still contribute a lot no matter they are old or young, the absolute number does matter for a country's overall economy, China is moving to a consumption based economy, and maybe this will play right into China's hands.

You seriously think the government can give away millions of free houses every year? Where? In Beijing?

In parts of Japan they already giving out free houses but no one wants to move in.

Japan and Korea now need to import foreign workers, it won't be the case for China for decades to come if not centuries, see the difference? base number does matter of the population in every aspect.

You comparing China with $12k GDP per capita to SK and Japan with $30K GDP per capita?

And centuries lol. China's TFR at 1.1 will see each generation shrink by almost 50%.

Back
Top Bottom