What's new

Taiwan TV street interview : What will you do if China invades Taiwan? "I'll surrender"

comment_1584994497mm5rymx8bmvyzpuhdkvans-1-jpg.924211

props to @Foinikas

Street Interview in Beijing, how Chinese public think of Taiwan strait military drill by PLA

"Drill around Taiwan is the right thing to do, but it'll be better if China just go for Tsai Ing-wen and kill her. why not just go ahead, attack and take over Taiwan, personally speaking, if China starts a war to reunite Taiwan, I'll go to fight, even if the army only needs people to carry ammos, I'll volunteer to do it.

RFA is funded in whole or in part by the American government.
Wikipedia

Feel so nice to be a celebrity here in PDF. I liked it. Keep it coming:yahoo:

Probably surrender or leave on mass if they can.
Let's face it they ain't fighters like the Ukrainians.

Don't count on your potential adversaries to surrender. Putin thought he was going to walk through Ukraine.

Anything capable of putting up resistance should be bombed to smithereens before attempting actual amphibious assault.

Don't count on your potential adversaries to surrender. Putin thought he was going to walk through Ukraine.

Anything capable of putting up resistance should be bombed to smithereens before attempting actual amphibious assault.

The goals are different as Putin was hoping for a quick war to do a regime change in Kiev as 150,000 troops was not nearly enough to actually occupy Ukraine. But yes, don't count on your enemies to surrender.

The goals are different as Putin was hoping for a quick war to do a regime change in Kiev as 150,000 troops was not nearly enough to actually occupy Ukraine. But yes, don't count on your enemies to surrender.
China's challenge is to land the troops needed for a ground mop-up operation, assuming 2 things.

1. Air and naval supremacy is achieved (US direct involvement will complicate things).
2. Taiwan is militarily broken by strikes.

If China cannot land enough troops during the first wave, the small landing force cannot withstand a counter-attack for long.

In the first video some respondents do say the rich people will all quickly flee Taiwan.

"Rich people and whoever can flee will all flee."
微信图片_20230412095942.png

"

There was a congressman or think tanker in DC in a recent interview said that about 5 million ( approx. 22% of the population) Taiwanese would be looking to leave Taiwan, should China be able to take Taiwan, and that the U.S. should facilitate their departure if they so desired. That is the core population that would fight, similar to the south Vietnamese population that wanted to fight, compared to the majority that just wanted to stay out of the way and survive.

There was a congressman or think tanker in DC in a recent interview said that about 5 million ( approx. 22% of the population) Taiwanese would be looking to leave Taiwan, should China be able to take Taiwan, and that the U.S. should facilitate their departure if they so desired. That is the core population that would fight, similar to the south Vietnamese population that wanted to fight, compared to the majority that just wanted to stay out of the way and survive.
Same in Hong kong, anti China bunch all fled, most of them went to UK due to some special UK policy to Hong kong, I wonder if recent UK's economic downfall got something to do with this. for China, it's a good thing, we can repopulate Hong kong with patriots.

Taiwan TV street interview : What will you do if China invades Taiwan? "I'll surrender"
Some say " I'll surrender, there's no way we can win, I think it's not really that bad to be ruled by them, life will be the same"

Smart move. Taiwan is China anyway.

Back
Top Bottom