What's new

Do Bengalis live vicariously through Pakistan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant talk with hundred thousands of them. By their looks they all look Bengali. That is why you assumed all of them are from BD. In reality majority are Indian and Myanmar origin. Some Pakistani loyal Bengali Razakars and less Bangladeshi illegal.
And your knowledge of Karachi is better than someone who actually lives there?

Bangladesh has better HDI and reputation than Pakistan. I don't think they would want to re join pakistan.

Soon BD's economy is going to surpass Pakistan's

By PPP Pakistan is ahead by around $400 billion. Nominal Gdp Pakistan still comfortably ahead. In terms of poverty Pakistan has the least number of poor people in South Asia.Only 12% in Pakistan below $1.25 per day threshold compared to around 40 % for bangladesh.

What HDI?you guys dont even have proper motorways or expressways. We build them in 97. The difference between dhaka and Islamabad is so huge its not even funny to compare.

Bangladeshis do not in my opinion live vicariously and wish they were Pakistanis.

You need to understand history. Pakistan did not materialise without the effort of Bengali Muslims. Religion created east and west Pakistan, politics broke it.

It is not particularly difficult to comprehend that majority of educated Bangladeshis who know their history do not define themselves solely from a 1971 perspective.

I will speak purely for me. I see Bengali Muslim identity and national consciousness emanating and developing since the days of the Delhi Sultanate. A Bengali Muslim is not the same as a Hindu Bengali. The former is a mix of many backgrounds, cultures and influence but with an unifying thread of islam giving rise to an unique identity.

I know many Pakistanis as well as Hindu Bengalis ...... The similarities between a Hindu Bengali and a Muslim Bangladeshi are as cosmetic as the dis similarities between a Muslim Bangladeshi and a Pakistani.

Islam has moulded the cultures of the people of the subcontinent and that shared affinity is clear to see. I am born and raised in uk.... BD and Pakistanis simply gets on with it.... There are fights and disagreements sometimes but there is also shared experiences most visibly in attending mosques.

Most Bangladeshis I know support Pakistan as their second team after BD me included) in cricket , a few support India. In my circle of friends the Pakistanis have always supported BD except when it is Pakistan vs Bangladesh.

BD are as nationalistic as anyone else. 1971 happened, some issues remain unresolved but Bangladeshies as a whole have moved on. There is no yearning to roll the years back and to become Pakistanis. We are standing on our feet and progressing and apart from current unelected illegal government of BD droning on about 1971 as a point of distraction No one cares. The concept of Pakistan is a political football just like say the economy or the education policies.

But moving away from the hyperbole Bangladesh today exist because dream of Pakistan was fought for and realised by Muslim bengalies as much as any other
Group prior to 1947.

In terms of taking pride in Pakistanis achievements such as nukes or anything else I don't think Bangladeshis do that. I however do admire Pakistanis military prowess as the sole Muslim nuclear power, but some Bangladeshis won't. What I guess separates the likes of me from them is that my sense of nationalism which stems of Islam as the primary barometer of consciousness rather than culture. I am a pan-Islamist as I have found most Bangladeshis to be.... This may come across as wanting to be Pakistani but it is not....

Hi,
Why did they make Bangladesh a secular state if it is about 'Muslim' first and then Bengali identity ?

Something wrong with the basic building blocks ?

Too many Illegal Bengalis in Pakistan, specially in Karachi I want them thrown out along with afghans.
Too many iilegal Bangladeshis in India too.

no we don't want any more brothers we are already so many brothers
sindhi
kashmiri
punjabi
pathan
muhajir
balochi
saraki
hazara
makrani
brhoi
brahui
marvari

no need more brothers in fact we have no space of it :lol:

Some may not admit out of shame but most Bangladeshi Muslim care for Pakistan. It's like feeling of Eid when Pakistan shot dead Maloon BSF. How we feel about Pakistan can bee seen during pak-indo cricket match.

Pakistan zindabad.

You cant talk with hundred thousands of them. By their looks they all look Bengali. That is why you assumed all of them are from BD. In reality majority are Indian and Myanmar origin. Some Pakistani loyal Bengali Razakars and less Bangladeshi illegal.

Don't flatter yourself dude, no one and i mean no one wants Bangladesh back period and full stop.

Hi,
Why did they make Bangladesh a secular state if it is about 'Muslim' first and then Bengali identity ?

Something wrong with the basic building blocks ?

It's imposed upon by Awami league. It's artificial and will not last for too long. Secularism will be buried with the fall of Awami league and Hasina.

Don't flatter yourself dude, no one and i mean no one wants Bangladesh back period and full stop.

Is it relevant comment to my post? It was more appropriate for above poster who flattered calling Pakistan Zindabad.
Yes I know know one is interested in BD. This is because Bangistanis deliberately kept BD poor so that they can beg outside and everyone thinks twice invade here. And the Bengali illegal people went in Karachi were during their time. Because people were not sure its BD or Pakistan. But Bengali nationalist is another thing they will eat on grass but never to a place whom they fought. Yes they fought Bangistanis and reclaimed BD and BD fate will change fast. No one is interested here but others little game or experiment is very harmful for us.

It's imposed upon by Awami league. It's artificial and will not last for too long. Secularism will be buried with the fall of Awami league and Hasina.
I don't care eitherways. Just for knowledge, what makes you think such a thing will happen ? What are the pointers ?

Is it relevant comment to my post? It was more appropriate for above poster who flattered calling Pakistan Zindabad.

Yes, I'm a Muslim and I care about my brethren. I full heartedly believe in concept of ummah because of my rasool(s.a.a.s). Bangladesh Zindabad, jai bangla murdabad.

Yes I know know one is interested in BD. This is because Bangistanis deliberately kept BD poor so that they can beg outside and everyone thinks twice invade here. And the Bengali illegal people went in Karachi were during their time. Because people were not sure its BD or Pakistan. But Bengali nationalist is another thing they will eat on grass but never to a place whom they fought. Yes they fought Bangistanis and reclaimed BD and BD fate will change fast. No one is interested here but others little game or experiment is very harmful for us.

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since we kept you poor deliberately as you claim, you have been free since 1971 yet you are still at the same spot where you were from the beginning, how so?

Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since we kept you poor deliberately as you claim, you have been free since 1971 yet you are still at the same spot where you were from the beginning, how so?

You got me wrong. Bangistanis not equal to Pakistan. Bangistanis are pro Pakistan, controlled by ISI agents also self reliant. Most of them looted BD and settled in Western countries and killed patriot Bengalis. Its a proxy power and its sole purpose is to harm India, disestablish Bd and spread terrrism. But sizable pro Bengalis are in their ranks. That is why they couldnt ever succeed to reintegrate BD with Pakistan or call it new Pakistan. Made up of fallen soldiers of pro Pakistan Bengalis and Biharis element who lost in 1971. The ideology it seeded before 1947 that can go well without present land call Pakistan. Bengalis were played and deceived by Bangistanis. Bangladesh is actually young compared to Bangistan.

Age of Bangistan=1975-1996+2001-2006=26 years.
Age of Bangladesh=1971-1975+1996-2001+2007-2015=17 years.

Last edited:
Bangladeshi want to join pakista........... ! :undecided:
seriously..........? or they kidding..........? :omghaha:
yes pakistan is a nuclear super power, it has massive militry power so what? keep your f-16 and nuke your self.......:stop:
we can walk arround all the country without fearing any sucide / terorist attack. we can sleep at night without fearing dron attack. for us that,s enough. at least we rull our militry - our militry don,t rull us.
pakistan or india who cares......................:sleep:

Some may not admit out of shame but most Bangladeshi Muslim care for Pakistan. It's like feeling of Eid when Pakistan shot dead Maloon BSF. How we feel about Pakistan can bee seen during pak-indo cricket match.

Pakistan zindabad.
I know most of the Pakistanis wont/dont want to agree with me but i still have respect for Bangladesh and specially people like you who still care for us unlike ur country members who just like to lick indians` feet.

Yes, I'm a Muslim and I care about my brethren. I full heartedly believe in concept of ummah because of my rasool(s.a.a.s). Bangladesh Zindabad, jai bangla murdabad.

No need to act over smart dear. Joy Bangla, Joy Bangladesh, Bangladesh Zindabad are same thing. We dont get offended by either. Your intention is too much exposed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom