What's new

Dhaka v/s Kolkata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't close it. And this new avatar of yours looks like hungry! :D

I can't close it. LOL...

Such discussions are pointless. I suspected that this thread would end up that way.

Indian Bengalis have one of the lowest birth rate in India - nice joke, talk with facts not your personal commentary. :lol:

Kolkata's declining population is the biggest example that's it's no more a city of much importance, don't be too surprised if it gets demoted as a tier 2 city. :lol:

Yeah, last 4,5 years nothing significant happened, just our national GDP got doubled. :lol:

Just compare the skyline images of Dhaka and Kolkata and you'll get the sense how ahead is Dhaka. Ignoring other facts like the cultural events of Dhaka i.e Dhaka Fashion Week, Chhobi Mela International Photography Festival etc.

Yeah, we have compared that already in previous pages, just check the thread from the beginning, Dhaka hardly has a skyline. :D And some Indian members here have seen Dhaka. 
Same suggestion to you, talk with facts not your personal commentary. :lol:

Then don't post fictions here, post photos and let's compare. But we have done that already, check the whole thread and come back.

Can someone repost the telegraph url regarding birth rate of kolkata and West Bengal from my previous post , link doesn't seem to work when posting from mobile.

Can someone repost the telegraph url regarding birth rate of kolkata and West Bengal from my previous post , link doesn't seem to work when posting from mobile.

It's working fine. 
Then, Kolkata has no skyline.

Bhai, check the photos in previous pages. All these skylines and stuff have been discussed already.

I have checked those photos. It should n't called skyline. I saw some discrete pics of high rise buildings. A skyline is the artificial horizon that a city's overall structure creates. You have to take the photos from far away (from top any high rise building or helicopter); not from in front of some 20 storied buildings and call that as skyline.

I'm not joking, Kolkata District has lowest birth rate in India. Why do you think Indian Bengalis can't have low birth rate, after all we are educated and cultured lot.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110401/jsp/frontpage/story_13795605.jsp

Dhaka has skyline? That's news! Can you post some pictures of the alleged skylines of Dhaka! :P

Doesn't really show anything that supports that declining population of Kolkata. Acording to the report the birth rate in West Bengal was 17.2 per 1,000 population against a national average of 22.5, that's not that significant. The report also says West Bengal overall recorded positive growth rate of it's population. Now only if Kolkata has a humongous death rate per 1,000 population that would justify it's declining population, otherwise my obsercation is correct, people are moving out of Kolkata to other metros of India.

Anyway I think some guys have already posted some nice skyline photos of Dhaka.

IamBengali;4871427 said:
Dhaka

10042601754_2f491283a0_b.jpg

10182926706_c5c2cb312e_b.jpg

10231106206_081d6f9f87_b.jpg

IamBengali;4871992 said:
Dhaka at Night :smitten:

Hatirjheel-Begunbari-project.jpg

6pxh7m.jpg

8985327394_ac4e2c1368_b.jpg

quote="rongbaz, post: 4922960, member: 150200"]Gulshan SkylineView attachment 10203 
If I post all the list of images of all Dhaka shopping malls it will require the whole night. All of the shopping malls of India are smaller and less gorgeous than Basundhara City and Jamuna Future park.[/quote]
Jatrabari Flyover, DhakaView attachment 10200 
Jahajbari, Dhanmondi Lake, DhakaView attachment 10201 
Doinik Bangla mor, DhakaView attachment 10202 

Sorry, I didn't notice. 

Have checked the entire thread didn't find any skyline photos of Kolkata comparable to these. :lol:

Last edited:
Just compare the skyline images of Dhaka and Kolkata and you'll get the sense how ahead is Dhaka. Ignoring other facts like the cultural events of Dhaka i.e Dhaka Fashion Week, Chhobi Mela International Photography Festival etc.

Dhaka skyline lol :sarcastic: :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha: comparing indian malls with that of bangladesh....i guess its enough internet for today :omghaha: :omghaha:

Neither kolkata nor Dhaka has a skyline, infact no city in South Asia except Mumbai has one. Some congested low rise buildings don't make skyline.
Doesn't really show anything that supports that declining population of Kolkata. Acording to the report the birth rate in West Bengal was 17.2 per 1,000 population against a national average of 22.5, that's not that significant. The report also says West Bengal overall recorded positive growth rate of it's population. Now only if Kolkata has a humongous death rate per 1,000 population that would justify it's declining population, otherwise my obsercation is correct, people are moving out of Kolkata to other metros of India.

Anyway I think some guys have already posted some nice skyline photos of Dhaka.

quote="rongbaz, post: 4922960, member: 150200"]Gulshan SkylineView attachment 10203 
If I post all the list of images of all Dhaka shopping malls it will require the whole night. All of the shopping malls of India are smaller and less gorgeous than Basundhara City and Jamuna Future park.
[/quote]

So you read the whole article and deliberately missed the first paragraph which says kolkata has a birthrate 6.7 and instead came up with birthrate of whole West Bengal. :lol: Do you think we are fool or what! :P

Some congested mid rise dont make skyline by the way! :lol: 
Yeah, enough internet for now, don't wanna undermine our Kolkata dadas anymore. :lol:

I must say you are very patriotic, and with that note I bid adieu to this thread! :lol:

Mumbai is the only south asian city with a skyline headlined by skyscrapers,period.
And maybe Gurgaon in half a decades time.
That being said Kolkata does have a better skyline than Dhaka if pictures are taken as evidence,in the battle of the ill-treated.
Kolkata has a bigger economy, bigger industries, IT parks ,better mass transport, the biggest football stadium and Cricket stadium in this part of the world. And then again it is not wise to compare the capital of a state to that of a nation(DELHI anyone???
But ofcourse the best of Kolkata beats the best of Dhaka anyday.

Neither kolkata nor Dhaka has a skyline, infact no city in South Asia except Mumbai has one. Some congested low rise buildings don't make skyline.

Mumbai has a majestic skyline, undoubtedly the best in the subcontinent. The buildings there are skyscrapers not even highrises, Dhaka has some skyscrapers but not that many as Mumbai has.

Some congested mid rise dont make skyline by the way! :lol:

call them highrise, midrise, or low rise, it's quite evident Dhaka is far ahead of Kolkata. :lol:

So you read the whole article and deliberately missed the first paragraph which says kolkata has a birthrate 6.7 and instead came up with birthrate of whole West Bengal. Do you think we are fool or what!

So what's the death rate of Kolkata? Moreover, your arguments also make it quite clear that Kolkata is not getting any immigrants from other cities of West Bengal or other states of India, now that proves that it's no more a major urban center, not even in eastern India.

@extra terrestrial You are right a huge amount of skilled manpower leave Kolkata each year( West Bengal to be actual). Thats because West Bengal produces huge amount of such every year. Inspite of having Big IT names in the city with BIIIIIG offices,and many others opening up every year its just not enough for the 30000 engineers passing out each year from the state( half of them go the IT way). But then again who cares? Bangalore and kolkata are same this days, oozing with bengali people that is.
Before someone comes crawling with call centre crap the fact is half of IBM employees are of Indian origin(biggest IT co). And 90% in TCS are of Indian origin(2nd largest IT co).
And Indian export of IT every year amounts to a huge 70billion$.

@extra terrestrial You are right a huge amount of skilled manpower leave Kolkata each year( West Bengal to be actual). Thats because West Bengal produces huge amount of such every year. Inspite of having Big IT names in the city with BIIIIIG offices,and many others opening up every year its just not enough for the 30000 engineers passing out each year from the state( half of them go the IT way). But then again who cares? Bangalore and kolkata are same this days, oozing with bengali people that is.

Agree with what you have said, but ain't it a degrading fact that unemployment in Kolkata is so severe that has led to the declining population growth rate in the city?

Agree with what you have said, but ain't it a degrading fact that unemployment in Kolkata is so severe that has led to the declining population growth rate in the city?
I have no confirmed information in this regard so cant comment. But as an IT guy i can definitely say that Gurgaon,Pune,Chennai,Mumbai,Bangalore,Hyderabad beats Kolkata hands down in the JOB OPENINGS scenario. People who dont get a job from college move out of Bengal if they can afford.
But you must understand that i am talking about a very small group of people. And Kolkata does have its fair share of IT companies and more are lining up with new offices. Just heard yesterday Igate and tech mahindra setting up new offices in Bantala.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom