What's new

COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa visited Pentagon - was presented Guard of Honour with 21 Gun Salute

No chance. Not as a result of this visit!

Everything is possible. It is simple, really. The more that Pakistan would like from USA, the more it has to offer something in return. And the same applies to USA too. It is up to both sides to figure out the best spot in the middle to get maximum benefits for the least given up in return, as an ongoing process.

Zulus and funds only.
More likely compared to F16!

Everything is possible. It is simple, really. The more that Pakistan would like from USA, the more it has to offer something in return. And the same applies to USA too. It is up to both sides to figure out the best spot in the middle to get maximum benefits for the least given up in return, as an ongoing process.
It will take more than a single meeting in my opinion.
We wont see a total turn around as a result of this single meeting. Yes things look like they may start moving in the right direction but will take continuous effort and communication on both sides to keep things rolling.

Army chief meets US state secy, military leadership in Washington
July 24, 2019

5d3801cc617f7.jpg

Army Chief Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa shakes hands with US Secretary of State Michael Pompeo ahead of their meeting at the US State Department in Washington. — Photo courtesy ISPR official Twitter account
Army Chief Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa, who accompanied Prime Minister Imran Khan on his three-day official trip to Washington, met United States Secretary of State Michael Pompeo and the country's top military leadership during his visit.

Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) spokesperson Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor, in a series of tweets on Wednesday, gave an update on the military chief's engagements in the US.

Apart from Pompeo, the chief of army staff met Acting Defense Secretary Richard Spencer, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee Gen Joseph F. Dunford and Joint Chief of Staff Gen Mark Milley. He was also part of the delegation that accompanied the prime minister on his visit to the White House.

Can you elaborate please?
I am saying that US releasing the Viper gunships as a result of the meetings and discussion that might have took place during Imran Khan and COAS visit to US is much more likely than US approving the sale of F-16 Blk 52s. For relations to get back to that point it will take more than a SINGLE MEETING in my opinion

It will take more than a single meeting in my opinion.
We wont see a total turn around as a result of this single meeting. Yes things look like they may start moving in the right direction but will take continuous effort and communication on both sides to keep things rolling.

That is true, of course.

Even at the worst point is the history of the relationship. meetings and dialogue continued, and that is exactly how it should be. Managing a relationship is a continuous effort, and specially one as complex as between USA and Pakistan.

It is great that both sides have found a better way to work with each other for mutual benefit than has been the case in the recent past.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom