What's new

COAS General Qamar Javed Bajwa visited Pentagon - was presented Guard of Honour with 21 Gun Salute

That applies to both sides, equally.

Very true.

But I’m posting with a Pakistan centric mindset.

All these pleasantries just mean the US has re calibrated their thinking and needs something from Pakistan.

With that in mind, Pakistan should extract the maximum but keep in mind that is likely a thaw in relations with a transactional nature.

Very true.

But I’m posting with a Pakistan centric mindset.

Actually, both sides must realize that the entire world does not revolve around their side alone, a fact that is perhaps more difficult for USA to grasp, but is also a problem in the Pakistan-centric view as well, perhaps not surprisingly.

5d3402497bee1.jpg

Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa is scheduled to interact with top US military leadership at the Pentagon during a three-day official working visit to Washington, according to Director General of Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor, Radio Pakistan reported on Sunday.

The DG ISPR, while speaking to the media at the Pakistani embassy in Washington, said that the army chief would also accompany Prime Minister Imran Khan during his meeting with US President Donald Trump on Monday.

Prime Minister Imran, accompanied by COAS Gen Bajwa and Maj Gen Ghafoor, arrived in Washington on Saturday for an official working visit.

Apparently, this is the first time that the country’s top generals will be accompanying the prime minister to a White House meeting with the US president.
Diplomatic sources earlier told Dawn, that Gen Bajwa is expected to meet former acting defence secretary Patrick Shanahan, the new Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen Mark Milley and other senior officials during his visit to Pentagon.

This will be Gen Milley’s first meeting with a foreign military leader since his confirmation on Thursday by the US Senate's Armed Services Committee.

The DG ISPR told the media that the security situation in Pakistan is "far better now", and added that the "sacrifices of [the] Pakistani nation and security forces have started yielding results".

He said that with the erection of a fence along the Pak-Afghan border, border control was much better, and that the fence would help reduce terrorism-related incidents.

The ISPR spokesperson said that the main focus of security forces was the development of Balochistan and the restructuring of areas affected by terrorism in coordination with the civil administration, Radio Pakistan reported.

Gen Ghafoor also briefed the media on the escalation of tensions with India earlier this year as well as the overall security situation of Pakistan.

The DG ISPR "lauded the role of media in highlighting [a] positive image of the country abroad," the report added.
https://www.dawn.com/news/1495357/c...action-with-top-us-military-officials-dg-ispr

shows clearley who,s incharge in pakistan

while imran was recieved by nobody------at airport in usa

imran had to take passenger mover---------which in itself was a shame full act by usa administration---

on the other hand bajwa recieved 21 guns salut??????

baaz -wala met the people who realy controll usa--(maybe for 3 yrs extension)- while the nodody,s donold dumb/imran..were doing usless press coference----whole 45 minutes n imran was asked 4 questions----while donold duck n his russian conecction---muller investigation was the other 30 minutes-

baaz wala was there to fully support the satin---his work- his accomplices and its satinic apperature in afg/iran/iran/syria./

while pakistani public is fed cock n bull story of historic relationship with no 1 shaitan---

what a great achievement by a qadiani n a jew---lover---

allah ka azaab pakistan per hoo reha hy

That applies to both sides, equally.

Yeah, but the United States has no interest in cultivating long term relationships in that part of the world. Southeast and Central Asia has always had transactional relationships with United States. That is the official foreign policy of the United States and it does not matter who is in office. I would argue that the relationship with this part of the region is more like its relationship with African nations.

shows clearley who,s incharge in pakistan

while imran was recieved by nobody------at airport in usa

imran had to take passenger mover---------which in itself was a shame full act by usa administration---

on the other hand bajwa recieved 21 guns salut??????

baaz -wala met the people who realy controll usa--(maybe for 3 yrs extension)- while the nodody,s donold dumb/imran..were doing usless press coference----whole 45 minutes n imran was asked 4 questions----while donold duck n his russian conecction---muller investigation was the other 30 minutes-

baaz wala was there to fully support the satin---his work- his accomplices and its satinic apperature in afg/iran/iran/syria./

while pakistani public is fed cock n bull story of historic relationship with no 1 shaitan---

what a great achievement by a qadiani n a jew---lover---

allah ka azaab pakistan per hoo reha hy

Dude are you high on mushrooms or just stupid?

coas should not go uninvited in u.s,trump has only invited ik

the metting was fixed by MBS---saudia----on request of imran n coas-------

pakistan was not invited by usa--------they were given time for request made by pakistan----

Yeah, but the United States has no interest in cultivating long term relationships in that part of the world. Southeast and Central Asia has always had transactional relationships with United States. That is the official foreign policy of the United States and it does not matter who is in office. I would argue that the relationship with this part of the region is more like its relationship with African nations.

It takes two to tango, as they say. Pakistan has benefited from a long relationship with USA over decades, and it has suffered the consequences too.

As I said, quid pro quo, pure and simple.

Yea, that’s exactly right.

A house of cards.

Get the goods while the going is good is all I am saying.

(And a alooot of spares.....)

Yea, that’s exactly right.

A house of cards.

Get the goods while the going is good is all I am saying.

(And a alooot of spares.....)

And I guess that applies equally to both sides too! I agree.

It takes two to tango, as they say. Pakistan has benefited from a long relationship with USA over decades, and it has suffered the consequences too.

Right, But What I am say is that it is actually detrimental to American foreign policy in the long term to deal with countries like Pakistan the way it has.

Right, But What I am say is that it is actually detrimental to American foreign policy in the long term to deal with countries like Pakistan the way it has.

You are correct in saying that US foreign policy in the region could have been managed better, but it also has to do with the fierce independent streak displayed by Pakistan from time to time as well. Pakistan as a compliant vassal may not be good for anybody over the long term, but an independent strong Pakistan would actually help certain things such a regional stability.

here comes the begger list now

just pakistan public his high on amercian kosher pig

Why are you so dissatisfied with Pakistani Army and its current leadership? Who do you prefer should be there?

You are correct in saying that US foreign policy in the region could have been managed better, but it also has to do with the fierce independent streak displayed by Pakistan from time to time as well. Pakistan as a compliant vassal may not be good for anybody over the long term, but an independent strong Pakistan would actually help certain things such a regional stability.

Yeah, It could and maybe the United States have realized that (doubtful :)). I also think Pakistan will never be independent just because of it's geography. It might if there was some political will inside the country but there are too many divisions based on ethnicity and local governments are too corrupt.

Back
Top Bottom