What's new

China will have the highest GDP per capita among BRICS countries.

I completely agree.

@AndrewJin said this, "Don't compare low income country to middle income country."

So, he was talking about income status of citizens.

India= 1.7k dollars
China= 8k dollars
US= 55k dollars.

China/India ~ 5
US/China ~ 7

China produces more steel and concrete than rest of the world combined to build the biggest ever infrastructure, cities and industrial bases which generate the world's #1 largest industrial GDP, #1 largest producer of numerous industrial goods, #1 in high tech exports (more than next 3 industrial powers combined), giving China an unparalleled trade clout (>124 countries has China as top partner), #1 trade surpluses and now is world's #2 creditor nation after Japan (Greater China combined #1). Even in agriculture, China is #1 in terms of GDP. On literacy, schooling, intelligence quotient, even sports, China tops most international arena. As a result of low consumption, China has a relatively low combined GDP, however that further drives China to having world's #1 gross domestic savings.

untitled6-png.241236

On combined GDP there is hardly any comparison, China is a low consumption, high savings creditor nation. And in terms of sector composition:

1.png

While China tops the world in industrial & agriculture, services sector is exceptionally low in China's economic structure.

There is no GDP comparison between an economy of high spending with debt, and an economy of low spending with savings/credits.

Last edited:
Except Andrew wasn‘t comparing China with the US. You suggested him to,and now you are doing it yourself.

Seriously,leave us alone and go compare India with the US since you two are the most comparable. Considering both of you started off as British colonies some 250 years ago and both are English speaking countries now.You two are practically siblings. So let's see how India fare against the US:

US/India ~ 32

Damn. What happened in the last 250 years?:lol:

He said, that India and China should never be compared. Yes at that particular point, he was not comparing US and China.

I only extended his logic to include China and US, for if the logic holds, China and US should also never be compared. And just be honest, many people here do compare, don't they?

Also your latter paragraph is just a dumb attempt at diverting the topic, and non-sequiter, almost ad hominem attacks.

Be humble, or your arrogance will take you down.

China produces more steel and concrete than rest of the world combined to build the biggest ever infrastructure, cities and industrial bases which generate the world's #1 largest industrial GDP, #1 largest producer of numerous industrial goods, #1 in high tech exports (more than next 3 industrial powers combined), giving China an unparalleled trade clout (>124 countries has China as top partner), #1 trade surpluses and now is world's #2 creditor nation after Japan (Greater China combined #1). Even in agriculture, China is #1 in terms of GDP. On literacy, schooling, intelligence quotient, even sports, China tops most international arena. As a result of low consumption, China has a relatively low combined GDP, however that further drives China to having world's #1 gross domestic savings.

On combined GDP there is hardly any comparison, China is a low consumption, high savings creditor nation. And in terms of sector composition:
View attachment 255092

While China tops the world in industrial & agriculture, services sector is exceptionally low in China's economic structure.

Thank you, I am actually very well versed with all these facts, and more.

Did I ever question the tremendous progress China has made in the last decades? It is indeed tremendous.

He said, that India and China should never be compared. Yes at that particular point, he was not comparing US and China.

I only extended his logic to include China and US, for if the logic holds, China and US should also never be compared. And just be honest, many people here do compare, don't they?

Also your latter paragraph is just a dumb attempt at diverting the topic, and non-sequiter, almost ad hominem attacks.

Be humble, or your arrogance will take you down.

It may sounds far fetched but it is true.

India and the US were indeed very comparable in the 18th and early 19th Century.

India vs. Japan was a hot topic among economists in the 1950s and 1960s.

India thought its ahead of China in the 1980s, now it's lagging far behind.

Soon China will be way out of India’s league and India will forget China and go compare itself with Africa.

I wasnt being arrogant at all,just pointing out an alarming fact,which I think deserves the deepest soul searching on India‘s part.

China has massive overcapacities in its Steel, Concrete, Cement and Glass Sectors, which is recognized by the state. Excessive Capacities is not a plus, but a negative because it indicates inefficient use of capital.

I agree with you, that depending on the parameter, India is anywhere between a generation behind China, and I don't deny that. But every nation has its cycles. An intelligent person shouldn't get worked up about it. Stay calm and humble.

Arrogance is the first indication of the starting of the doom generation. (By the way India also has a pretty similar idioms and phrases like the Chinese one. I guess it is due to the age old observation that children and grandchildren generation becomes overconfident, arrogant, elitist, overdemanding, and unflexible)

True, China does have massive over-capacities, and that's why I said new round of market reform is urgently needed for the damn-serious underdeveloped finance sector, we can discuss in greater details.

The point is though, China can build, and produce, even in a scale bigger than rest of the world combined. In infrastructure, industrial, and financial clout, China tops the world. Credit given to the high intelligence & hard working people.

Yes I am calm, not agitated at all, no worry. Just that I hardly find India come close in any economic/financial/industrial capabilities of China, even in schooling, or sports. This is not arrogance, I was just responding to some posters who thought india is in the same league as China, with cold hard facts and ground realities.

True, China does have massive over-capacities, and that's why I said new round of market reform is urgently needed for the damn-serious underdeveloped finance sector, we can discuss in greater details.

The point is though, China can build, and produce, even in a scale bigger than rest of the world combined. In infrastructure, industrial, and financial clout, China tops the world. Credit given to the high intelligence & hard working people.

Yes I am calm, not agitated at all, no worry. Just that I hardly find India come close in any economic/financial/industrial capabilities of China, even in schooling, or sports. This is not arrogance, I was just responding to some posters who thought india is in the same league as China, with cold hard facts and ground realities.

Fair Enough.

Also, humility can be judged, and it is not simply about telling the truth. It is my judgement, you may disagree, that a fair bit of Chinese members here are arrogant. It is also my judgement, that a fair bit of Indian members here are overenthusiastic to compare to China, when they shouldn't be.

Fair Enough.

Also, humility can be judged, and it is not simply about telling the truth. It is my judgement, you may disagree, that a fair bit of Chinese members here are arrogant. It is also my judgement, that a fair bit of Indian members here are overenthusiastic to compare to China, when they shouldn't be.

Well I agree Chinese shouldn't be arrogant since reforms have not been completed yet. China might top in some areas by now, however progress made in the last few decades were merely reclaiming lost grounds, and insignificant compared to most times of the Middle Kingdom. Let's move on with solid works and complete the reforms!

It may sounds far fetched but it is true.

India and the US were indeed very comparable in the 18th and early 19th Century.

India vs. Japan was a hot topic among economists in the 1950s and 1960s.

India thought its ahead of China in the 1980s, now it's lagging far behind.

Soon China will be way out of India’s league and India will forget China and go compare itself with Africa.

I wasnt being arrogant at all,just pointing out an alarming fact,which I think deserves the deepest soul searching on India‘s part.

Well said.

Perhaps in the 1980s, it was logical to compare and contrast China and India. But in today's circumstances, it is unfair. India first needs to target to catch up with the SSA development level.

China, on the other hand, never claims leadership or superpower-ship. How many times we have to repeat that China is just a developing nation.

That's why we leave most of the world's problems (caused by the US) to be attended by the US, the only nation that is capable of undertaking all those challenges.

China urges the US to solve the IS problem in the Middle East and bring a few GBs of democracy there.

1-png.255092

1.nether GDP nor PPP matters..
many sections of GDP,such as vitual rent,overprice lawsuit/medical_care service,wallstreet poisonou bond,are useless or harmless to lift people's real life stardard.

2. USA/west countrie's GDP has much more such "harmful/useless sections" than CHina.
For example, "virtual rent" is 1/10 of USA"s 17 trillion GDP, that is 1.7 trillion. it is almost equal to the total GDP of India.
However, CHina's GDP excludes "virtual rent".

a second example, USA's lawsut service /mecial-care service is nortorous for its " overprice". Such over priced low costperformance service increase USA's GDP much, but it harms the real life quality of Yankees.

a third example, Walls street finicial service is quite expensive and increase USA's GDP much, but it often harms the whole world, such as poisonous bonds.

3. what really matters is "real wealth section" ,such as manufacturing, construction,mining and agriculture.
those section provide people food, houses,house appliance,,auto and infrastructures.
people can live without lawsuit/mecial care or wall street bonds. but they can not live without food, houses,house appliance, raw material ,auto and infrastructures.

those sectons also provide countries with weapons,food,raw material and necessary supplies.
the country who can manufacture more weapons and supplies usually can win wars.

4. CHina has much larger manufacturing, construction,mining and agriculture secitons than anyone else.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom