What's new

China will have the highest GDP per capita among BRICS countries.

esolve

Reaction score
Country
China
In 2014, Brazil and Russia are with higher GDP per capita than China.
But due to currency issues, in 2015, China will have the highest GDP per capita in BRICS countries.

Brazil still higher unless maybe SNA2008 gets adopted

the GDP of Brazil in 2014 is 5.52 trillion Brazilian Real, and it will be 5.45 trillion Brazilian Real. According to current exchange rate, this is 1.438 trillion US dollars, which is 7154 dollar in GDP per capita.

the GDP of Brazil in 2014 is 5.52 trillion Brazilian Real, and it will be 5.45 trillion Brazilian Real. According to current exchange rate, this is 1.438 trillion US dollars, which is 7154 dollar in GDP per capita.
BRL fell that much?well who cares. Per capita GDP only matters when calculated in PPP. where Russia is still highest.

BRL fell that much?well who cares. Per capita GDP only matters when calculated in PPP. where Russia is still highest.
PPP means nothing,don't take it too serious.Some random economists compare the price of hamburgers ,iphone6p and other things in different countries.Even they are so profesional that it's strictly accurate(which is far from the fact)It still hardly means anything cuz You can't buy oil,iron and most things by PPP.

Last edited:
PPP means nothing,don't take it too serious.Some random economists check the price of hamburgers ,iphone6p and other things in different countries.You can't buy oil,iron and most things by PPP.

You can't buy oil,iron and most things by “GDP” no matter how it's calculated,you buy those with your Forex.

I know most people don’t take PPP seriously but I personally prefer it over the nominal dollar. especially when on a “per capita” basis.

You can't buy oil,iron and most things by “GDP” no matter how it's calculated,you buy those with your Forex.

I know most people don’t take PPP seriously but I personally prefer it over the nominal dollar. especially when on a “per capita” basis.
You can buy oil,iron by actual currency witch is the base of GDP(nominal),not some twisted numbers.In this highly connected world,the PPP(which is not even accurate) will become more and more useless cuz the international trade will only grow bigger and bigger.

Last edited:
PPP means nothing,don't take it too serious.Some random economists compare the price of hamburgers ,iphone6p and other things in different countries.Even they are so profesional that it's strictly accurate(which is far from the fact)It still hardly means anything cuz You can't buy oil,iron and most things by PPP.

Not entirely true friend. Indeed, aside from internationally priced goods, such as oil and fuel, do you think it matters for the average Chinese that his rent doesn't cost 1500 dollars a month? But maybe 200-300? As in PPP comparison. Same for food. Same for many other things. Those things do matter.

Not entirely true friend. Indeed, aside from internationally priced goods, such as oil and fuel, do you think it matters for the average Chinese that his rent doesn't cost 1500 dollars a month? But maybe 200-300? As in PPP comparison. Same for food. Same for many other things. Those things do matter.
1,GDP(PPP) is not accurate at all.
example:How can you compare the price of humburgers and get the PPP numbers of a certain sector?How many Chinese eat humburgers every day like Americans?
2.International trade is far more than oil and feul,Almost all industrial product is assembled by various parts from various country.
3 You can't even compared the price of same thing in different countries because they are actually not the same.You may get any kind of desease for eating Indian food and drinking indian water while it won't happen in devoloped countries.So as many other service sector.

You can buy oil,iron by actual currency witch is the base of GDP(currency),not some twisted numbers.In this highly connected world,the PPP(which is not even accurate) will become more and more useless cuz the international trade will only grow bigger and bigger.

1,international trade only affect price of goods, not service, which you can only buy domestically.

2,you need exchange rates to calculate nominal GDP,which fluctuate every minute,hence more “twisted”

Both method have flaws,that‘s why I said I personally prefer PPP

1,international trade only affect price of goods, not service, which you can only buy domestically.

2,you need exchange rates to calculate nominal GDP,which fluctuate every minute,hence more “twisted”

Both method have flaws,that‘s why I said I personally prefer PPP
You can't even compared the price of same thing or service in different countries because they are actually not the same.You may get any kind of desease for eating Indian food and drinking indian water while it won't happen in devoloped countries,yet still they will be counted as almost the same in GDP(PPP).Let's say if a same surgical operation are held in both India and US but the price in the US is ten times expensive than india,so the GDP(PPP)would probably counted as almost the same in this two country or at least close.But does that have any meaning?if these operation are the same indeed,then The life expectancy of indian won't be so short.

actually, PPP takes into consideration of mostly those ordinary food, daily services.
but in modern era, we only spend a portion of money on ordinary food and daily services,
and we spend a lot of money on purchasing electronics, cars, and other industrial products which are of international price.

and even for the same daily service/food, let's say, bus fees. the buses in India is definitely different from buses in China.

beijingbus.jpg
mumbai.png

and cinemas may be with different screens, restaurants/barber's shop may be with different decoration and devices, food market are with different cleanness/decoration, blabla
how can you compare soly the price without comparing comfort/quality, blabla

Last edited:
You can't even compared the price of same thing or service in different countries because they are actually not the same.You may get any kind of desease for eating Indian food and drinking indian water while it won't happen in devoloped countries,yet still they will be counted as almost the same in GDP(PPP).Let's say if a same surgical operation are held in both India and US but the price in the US is ten times expensive than india,so the GDP(PPP)would probably counted as almost the same in this two country or at least close.But does that have any meaning?if these operation are the same indeed,then The life expectancy of indian won't be so short.
LOL.. I hope Indian members don’t get frustrated reading your post.:lol: I am sure Indian surgeons are very capable of saving lives.

Still, most basic services that we use in daily life are not much different,I can also make an extreme example that in the US hiring a plumber to do a 2 hour work could get you a $1500 bill the next day, while in most part of China the same work only cost you $15,your drainage gets cleared as the same result but the price is 100 times different.

Back
Top Bottom