What's new

China will have the highest GDP per capita among BRICS countries.

Why be so selective? BEST is replacing those old models with new ones - same is the case with China where old buses are being replaced with new ones but some are still in service -

2807225579_4f208fdd24_b.jpg

chinese_bus.jpg

I've been to India, its worse than what most people think. 90% of buses in India are old whereas 80-90% of buses in China are new :lol:

Nice try though.

1,GDP(PPP) is not accurate at all.
example:How can you compare the price of humburgers and get the PPP numbers of a certain sector?How many Chinese eat humburgers every day like Americans?
2.International trade is far more than oil and feul,Almost all industrial product is assembled by various parts from various country.
3 You can't even compared the price of same thing in different countries because they are actually not the same.You may get any kind of desease for eating Indian food and drinking indian water while it won't happen in devoloped countries.So as many other service sector.

You can compare rent which is constant and a major part of household expenditures.

Why be so selective? BEST is replacing those old models with new ones - same is the case with China where old buses are being replaced with new ones but some are still in service -

chinese_bus.jpg

it is not selective
of course, there are some villages or poor towns with not-so-good buses in China
while there are some good buses in India's megacities
it is like there are rich people in China and poor poeple in the US
but we should compare common view/scenarios, ie, mumbai buses vs shanghai/beijing buses
buses in a Chinese ordinary city vs buses in a Indian ordinary city

the bus I show in the pictures are from Mumbai and Beijing
buses in China's most cities are with buses like in beijing

LOL.. I hope Indian members don’t get frustrated reading your post.:lol: I am sure Indian surgeons are very capable of saving lives.

Still, most basic services that we use in daily life are not much different,I can also make an extreme example that in the US hiring a plumber to do a 2 hour work could get you a $1500 bill the next day, while in most part of China the same work only cost you $15,your drainage gets cleared as the same result but the price is 100 times different.
It's actually like a wealthy person and ordinary person.Is it worth it to buy a same four-wheels car for millions while you can buy it for few thousands?the ordinary people may earns 1/10,but may not live 1/10 of quality of the wealthy one has lived.

actually, PPP takes into consideration of mostly those ordinary food, daily services.
but in modern era, we only spend a portion of money on ordinary food and daily services,
and we spend a lot of money on purchasing electronics, cars, and other industrial products which are of international price.

and even for the same daily service, let's say, bus fees. the buses in India is definitely different from buses in China.

View attachment 253444 View attachment 253445

and cinemas may be with different screens, barber's shop may be with different decoration and devices, blabla
how can you compare soly the price without comparing comfort/quality, blabla
What are you talking about? You disproved your own point. Rent/mortgage is the largest part of any expenditure. Food is a large portion of it as well. And indeed things like recration also. And you talk about luxury/level of comfort. That's nonsense. PPP is based on averages. Not the fact that Shanghai can be more expensive than London or what not. Averages. And the average cost of living is a LOT lower in China than in any western nation. If not, the poverty level simply would be a lot higher. And don't compare buses. A chinese-made bus is a lot cheaper than a Daimler bus. It's comparable, same modernity, but it's a clot cheaper.

You can compare rent which is constant and a major part of household expenditures.
Renting a same apartment in Shanghai could be 10 times expensive than in a rural area,but in shanghai you can also earn 10 times more than a farmer and enjoy better and more convinience live,while yes you might live in almost the same room.Is the PPP thing more meaningful in this case?

Last edited:
What are you talking about? You disproved your own point. Rent/mortgage is the largest part of any expenditure. Food is a large portion of it as well. And indeed things like recration also. And you talk about luxury/level of comfort. That's nonsense. PPP is based on averages. Not the fact that Shanghai can be more expensive than London or what not. Averages. And the average cost of living is a LOT lower in China than in any western nation. If not, the poverty level simply would be a lot higher. And don't compare buses. A chinese-made bus is a lot cheaper than a Daimler bus. It's comparable, same modernity, but it's a clot cheaper.

if you compare China with the west, a flat of 100 sq meter in China in an ordinary city are with a monthly rent of 150 euros, how much is it in Europe?

smartphones, industrial products are not luxury goods

food is indeed a small portion of monthly salaries, in europe, if your salary is 1500 euros, food is about 300-400 euros.

I'm not comparing bus services in China and bus services in Europe, I was comparing bus services in China vs India.. And I think the bus services in Europe is better than in China, mostly due to being less crowded and more human-friendly bus stops. And this is why I think simply comparing prices is not so fair.

1,GDP(PPP) is not accurate at all.
example:How can you compare the price of humburgers and get the PPP numbers of a certain sector?How many Chinese eat humburgers every day like Americans?
2.International trade is far more than oil and feul,Almost all industrial product is assembled by various parts from various country.
3 You can't even compared the price of same thing in different countries because they are actually not the same.You may get any kind of desease for eating Indian food and drinking indian water while it won't happen in devoloped countries.So as many other service sector.

That big mac index is nonsense, it's not used for PPP. China makes most of it's own things, I bet 99% of a Chinese made fridge is made in China. So it's a lot cheaper for a Chinese person to buy. Same with Chinese smartphones (which are JUST AS GOOD as an Iphone, but cost a lot less). China is cheaper, makes things cheaper, and lives cheaper. By cheap I don't mean rubbish, I mean value for money. So yes, a DOLLAR goes a LOT further in China than it does in the West. And that's good, that's why your PPP GDP is a lot higher. Aside from some products, like Western cars, oil, and some other things, stuff and life is a lot cheaper in China. End of subject. Now you go back to talking about hambugers..

That big mac index is nonsense, it's not used for PPP. China makes most of it's own things, I bet 99% of a Chinese made fridge is made in China. So it's a lot cheaper for a Chinese person to buy. Same with Chinese smartphones (which are JUST AS GOOD as an Iphone, but cost a lot less). China is cheaper, makes things cheaper, and lives cheaper. By cheap I don't mean rubbish, I mean value for money. So yes, a DOLLAR goes a LOT further in China than it does in the West. And that's good, that's why your PPP GDP is a lot higher. Aside from some products, like Western cars, oil, and some other things, stuff and life is a lot cheaper in China. End of subject. Now you go back to talking about hambugers..
I'm more inclined to compare PPP on city/county level, prices in China differ a lot.
A vegetarian noodle in my city costs 3-4yuan while in Shanghai >6yuan.
So is transportation, housing, food, etc.

I've been to India, its worse than what most people think. 90% of buses in India are old whereas 80-90% of buses in China are new :lol:

Nice try though.
80-90% is underestimated.
I have been to a lot of small towns in Western China, they are doing pretty well.

Poorest city in Sichuan, Xichang
IMG_2227.jpg

chinese_bus.jpg
Have fun using some photo years ago?
Everybody who has been to India knows what's the reality in India, even the bus in Mumbai is abysmal, not even close to Shanghai which you former president said Mumbai would surpass in 2012. Mumbai should surpass my city first concerning GDP, life expectancy, infra, etc, then talk about Shanghai.

yes and no. You can rent a flat in New Delhi for $15/month. The same flat in Toronto will cost you $1500/month. The Toronto flat is cleaner, and you can drink and bath with the tap water. So which flat would you prefer?

yes and no. You can rent a flat in New Delhi for $15/month. The same flat in Toronto will cost you $1500/month. The Toronto flat is cleaner, and you can drink and bath with the tap water. So which flat would you prefer?
Stupidity at its best.

15$ flat in New Delhi? Care to tell me where in Delhi?
South ex, hauz khas, friends colony, sarojininagar, mukherjinagar, saket? Where?
Where in new Delhi?

I've lived in Delhi for almost 5 years and there is no place where you can rent a flat for 15$.

Forget a flat, Hell even an 80 sqft room with toilet costs around 40$ a month.

What a liar.

You can't even rent a decent lodge for a day in 15$.

A decent flat in Delhi with utilities costs around 250 to 300$.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom