What's new

China must recover territory ‘looted' by neighbours, said PLA General

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soviet imperalism is just a new form of Tsarism, which is just as bad as the Western Imperialism.

We never really liked USSR, and they were our enemy. Even Mao is not a true Marxist, then neither is USSR the true Marxist.

That's true. :tup:

An expansionist USSR is bad for China.

Russia however (in it's modern form) is a good ally to have. They have plenty of oil and gas resources, and a good amount of strategic power.

Who said Soviet Imperialism was good?

Why would China have opposed the USSR during the Cold War if we thought that?
Actions speaks louder than words, no?

Lysenkoism in China ? J Hered

The adoption of Lysenkoism was disastrous for China...

Lysenkoism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Lysenkoism is used colloquially to describe the manipulation or distortion of the scientific process as a way to reach a predetermined conclusion as dictated by an ideological bias, often related to social or political objectives.
Thousands of years of agricultural knowledge down the drain, for what? To appease the Soviets.

Chinese-Dragon said:
I've noticed that the concept leads to flame wars on this forum.

Yup! go claim on Korean/Japanese forums that they were vassal states and subordinate to mighty China, Only clones of her Culture and part of the Sinophere ! :tup: I'm sure it'll lead to flame wars (considering that Ancient Pakistan didn't exist)

Anyways this has gone way too offtopic, (and my intention is not to start a "Akhand Bharat flame-war) I'm leaving it there.

That's true. :tup:

An expansionist USSR is bad for China.

Russia however (in it's modern form) is a good ally to have. They have plenty of oil and gas resources, and a good amount of strategic power.

For us, a good Russia is only a weak Russia. Thanks to God they have been split into 15 countries which Chairman Mao already predicted it long time ago. :tup:

Ah, the idea of "Akhand Bharat".

I've noticed that the concept leads to flame wars on this forum. :azn:

A better historically recognized term for that is "Indosphere" or "Indianized Kingdoms". This was the historical (and current) term applied to the South Asian and South East Asian countries.

:)

however, I do agree that the term Akhand Bharat has taken on different connotations nowadays

All the people with a Chinese flag here are Chinese, or at least they can all speak Chinese. You can't speak it, so you wouldn't know.

Ni zhen shi ge sha gua, dong ma? :azn:

Knowing language doesn't change nationality! does it?? at least not through online!!! :pdf: :agree:

For us, a good Russia is only a weak Russia. Thanks to God they have been split into 15 countries which Chairman Mao already predicted it long time ago. :tup:

well...than buckle up!!! because Russia is not one those nations who would remain weak. just my 2 cents. :cheers:

The adoption of Lysenkoism was disastrous for China...

And look at China and the USSR today...

China, the second largest economy on Earth, the fastest growing major economy, and predicted to reach number one after more than a decade.

USSR = No longer exists. It's successor (Russia) has a shrinking population and a shrinking economy. In fact, the Russian economy shrank by a staggering 8% during the year 2009.

well...than buckle up!!! because Russia is not one those nations who would remain weak. just my 2 cents. :cheers:

Compared to the historical USSR, they are getting much weaker, and they are very depending to sell their natural resources in order to support their military budget.

And look at China and the USSR today...

China, the second largest economy on Earth, the fastest growing major economy, and predicted to reach number one after more than a decade.

USSR = No longer exists. It's successor (Russia) has a shrinking population and a shrinking economy. In fact, the Russian economy shrank by a staggering 8% during the year 2009.
The criticism here is about 'imperialism' and that China riding on a white horse will save Asia from 'imperialism'. So why did China appeased the Soviets even to the point of discarding history?

Well put

Russia has the world’s largest proven natural gas reserves, estimated at 1,680 trillion cubic feet (Tcf), about double those of Iran, the next largest. Russia is also the largest gas producer and exporter.

pie_0207.gif

^^ a glimpse of the Russian advantage..doubly so when the rest of the world is feeling the energy crunch more and more.

Knowing language doesn't change nationality! does it?? at least not through online!!! :pdf: :agree:

Well it would be shocking to see an Indian talking Chinese, or a Chinese person talking Hindi! The chances of that are extremely low, since Hindi is not exactly a popular language here.

And if you think any particular user is a false flag, then you can ask the moderators to do an IP check. Quick and simple. :azn:

The criticism here is about 'imperialism' and that China riding on a white horse will save Asia from 'imperialism'. So why did China appeased the Soviets even to the point of discarding history?

I don't believe that China should, or would, "save" anyone on such a basis as you have described above.

During the 1950's, China shared an ideological connection with the Soviets. This was later replaced by realpolitik, hence the Sino-Soviet split... up until the eventual collapse of the USSR.

Just to play the devils advocate...what if he is using a proxy?
or even better..onion routing?

I'm not sure that it matters anyway.

If you have a problem with their argument, then try to counter the argument with facts.

Indians can take care of their own false flags, Chinese will do the same. Moderators will clean up the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom