What's new

Burraq UCAV & Shahpur UAV inducted in Pakistani arsenal.

Jang26-11-13.jpg

Jang Multimedia

I haven't found this news anywhere els according to this new Dr. Samad Mubarak gave some specification which are
  • service ceiling 20,000+
  • fully automated without human interference during flight ..... :unsure:
  • day night operational capability
  • Able to fly continuously for several hour
  • due to Specific design would have stealthy features .....
  • on board mission computer will perform missions as per pre flight instructions ......

PoPupwindow.aspx

The model is clearly carrying 2 missiles. So It is now confirmed that it is a UCAV.

Oh the helll noooo ..... The thing is preety ugly ..... But have u guys noticed the size of the BURAQ ... See the door in the background and the table .... this dron is massive :o:.
It seem to be 5 - 6ft high.

264jmug.jpg

But Asim Bajwa on twitter has said they are surveillance drones why is that we don't missiles or satellite system for these drones to fire missiles

The army is not prepared to advertise the targeting capabilities just yet. They have started a process to introduce these things to awam, so that people do not say that the drones are supplied by USA, or that their use is upon US dictation.

The formal introduction depends on the outcome of the peace process which apparently in pretty dead right now. Once IK stops his dharna politics and PMNS decides that we need to take care of TTP, we would see these things in operation. Army hates terrorists and they are not prepared to allow much more time to them. Recent change of heart regarding Haqqani network is because of their support for TTP. Just watch what happens now.

Timing is everything.
-----------------------------------

I have noted with interest all that Dr. Samar Mubarak Mand has said. Younger brother of my dearest friend was part of the team that designed, built, and flew first drone. That was not NESCOM, neither was it eight years ago. That was 10 / 11 years ago. The team of aeronautical engineers was headed by a PhD engineer. They were given ambitious targets and they delivered.

I am sorry but I can not say more. I just wanted to straighten up the record to the extent of knowledge that I possessed.

Last edited:
Butt Ugly Burraq ........ that what it should have been named! I am not even surprised that we have multi-billion dollar aeronautical complexes under Army and PAF that do nothing but COPY technology from others only to proudly call there own or INDIGENOUS!

This UAV, as large as it may be, has poor shape, a large radar cross section, very badly made landing 'fixed' gear, do not see any hard-points for armed payloads, the size of the prop at the back seemingly makes it noisy in the air (like a Cessna), etc etc

I mean really!! How hard it is these days to come up with an original design for such military toys?

The design from the Rutan Long-EZ, which many nations used for their UAV projects is a good one. But for an armed drone, dont know. Surprised it can carry two missiles.

The army is not prepared to advertise the targeting capabilities just yet. They have started a process to introduce these things to awam, so that people do not say that the drones are supplied by USA, or that their use is upon US dictation.

The formal introduction depends on the outcome of the peace process which apparently in pretty dead right now. Once IK stops his dharna politics and PMNS decides that we need to take care of TTP, we would see these things in operation. Army hates terrorists and they are not prepared to allow much more time to them. Recent change of heart regarding Haqqani network is because of their support for TTP. Just watch what happens now.

Timing is everything.

I have noted with interest all that Dr. Samar Mubarak Mand has said. Younger brother of my dearest friend was part of the team that designed, built, and flew first drone. That was not NESCOM, neither was it eight years ago. That was 10 / 11 years ago. The team of aeronautical engineers was headed by a PhD engineer. They were given ambitious targets and they delivered.

I am sorry but I can not say more. I just wanted to straighten up the record to the extent of knowledge that I possessed.
We are not going take this to some beauty contest Sir and @Chak Bamu using these drones on our own people will prove last nail in the coffin for our forces Sir that would be disaster of epic levels and yes the main problem is satellite and mapping thing

Timing is everything.

and by the if we get that mapping and other things is done that they just need to fit missiles on them an fire and what are the probably missiles they will fit on these drones ?

I don't care whether it is beautiful or ugly or whatever. If it can help Pakistan to turn off the radio of Mullah radio permanently. Also if it can end US drone strikes drama in this country. I am perfectly fine with it.

They can't work without each other. On the ground, human intelligence is needed in most cases.
ofcourse- inorder to make it efficient,effective and precision strike, we need data from all sorts, be it HUMINT, SIGINT or the survillance data.

am
If that happens than that would be would be disaster of our forces if they start firing missiles on its own people that would increase the hatred more but Assim Bajwa on twitter is saying these are surveillance drones and also something else he said
Pakistan inducted 1st fleet of indigenously developed UAV systems #Burraq and #Shahpar in #Army/#Air Force. A landmark achievement indeed

UAVs: Induction of surveillance capable UAVs is a force multiplier, will substantially enhance target acquisition capabilities in real time.

I believe neither are weaponised at the moment. I believe you need an effcctive mapping system for targeting. this was questioned asked by a journalist and than he replied
this
True, Both surveillance capable
above are also his tweets
@Aeronaut @balixd @Rafi @Areesh @Oscar and others

not getting in argument with you over the strikes- whether we will be killing our own or not - but one thing i know for sure is that - Mullah fazal is not OUR PEOPLE, and would like to see this man dead be it our drone or american, i do not give a damn.
even if we use these for Survillance ops that is huge advantage, especially when you have live operation going on with on ground troops.

Rawalpindi: Pakistan today included the 1st fleet of indigenously developed strategic Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), namely Burraq & Shahpar UAV systems in Pakistan Army & Air Force.

The effective force multiplier has been added to the inventory of the Armed Forces in a prestigious ceremony while the UAVs could also be gainfully employed in various socioeconomic development projects.
Pakistan-drone-plane-1.jpg

Top Military Leadership attended the induction ceremony of drone planes including Chief Of Army Staff (COAS) General Ishfaq Parvez Kayani, Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Chief Of The Air Staff Lieutenant General (R) Khalid Ahmed Kidwai, Director General (DG) Strategic Plan Division and other Senior Officials the Armed Forces, Scientists and Engineers.

COAS General Ishfaq Parvez Kayani highlighted that induction of indigenously developed surveillance capable UAVs in Pakistan Armed Forces is a force multiplier and substantially enhance their target acquisition capability in real time.

The top Military official appreciated the work of National Engineers and Scientific Commission (NESCOM) scientists and engineers for their great job.
5293498e91f04.jpg

We are not going take this to some beauty contest Sir and @Chak Bamu using these drones on our own people will prove last nail in the coffin for our forces Sir that would be disaster of epic levels and yes the main problem is satellite and mapping thing

and by the if we get that mapping and other things is done that they just need to fit missiles on them an fire and what are the probably missiles they will fit on these drones ?

Bhai, nobody asks me or you when making policies and executing them. We can discuss these thing, but unlike you I call things as I see them, not as I want them to become.

I have never advocated senseless spending upon weapon systems because I see & experience the effects of lack of public spending. Spending on weapons without over-riding necessity is a stupid policy for us. You my friend call for spending on all sorts of weapons to get lots of them, because you are focused on dreams of conquest while our hospitals are often without medicine, our courts keep lawsuits pending for lack of judges, and our government schools run without effective oversight.

This difference of perspective makes you disagree with me, even when I am actually saying nothing. I just reported something I see happening, and you are telling me that it is a mistake to acknowledge it. Our army will not tolerate TTP and its collaborators and if they must, they will use our own drones. They will do it without consulting me or you. So do not blame me for saying it. I am only saying what I see. I am not fixated on what I want to see happening.

Mubarik to all Pakistanis and Pakistan's friends
Induction timing is very crucial, i think its a clear signal to TTP that come to Talking Table or be ready for otherwise.
perhaps another blame game is going to start i.e. US did this Pakistan did this. Now pakistan should focus on dialogue with TTP if they are not agreed then explode their head with UCAVs before they explode bomb on peaceful and innocent civilians and our Soldiers.

Back
Top Bottom