What's new

Burraq UCAV & Shahpur UAV inducted in Pakistani arsenal.

I hope GIDS get a good shot at developing a MALE UAV (which it expressed interest in doing). It would be cool if we could get private sector collaboration on this front between GIDS and Denel Aviation or Paramount Group.

I hope GIDS get a good shot at developing a MALE UAV (which it expressed interest in doing). It would be cool if we could get private sector collaboration on this front between GIDS and Denel Aviation or Paramount Group.

Can we equip this buraq with anti tank guided missiles ? Given long endurance and low operational cost these UAVs can be very effective if can be used in anti tank warfare furthermore they will also reduce some load

The NESCOM Buraq is already armed with 2 ATGMs.
Are you tlking about barq? I am under the impression tha barq is just for small targets like vehicles ... may be i am wrong ...

Can you share a little more details on barq ... how effective it is against modern MBTs of india and its effective range ... furthermore being laser guide means someone has to light the target with laser ... is there any other lock down mechanism

Are you tlking about barq? I am under the impression tha barq is just for small targets like vehicles ... may be i am wrong ...

Can you share a little more details on barq ... how effective it is against modern MBTs of india and its effective range ... furthermore being laser guide means someone has to light the target with laser ... is there any other lock down mechanism
The Barq is essentially the Chinese AR-1, which in turn is a modified HJ-10 ATGM. It has a similar weight and warhead size to the HJ-10 ATGM. For a semi-active laser-homing ATGM (e.g. AR-1), you need a laser designator source. One alternative is to have a terminal guidance seeker, like IIR or active mmW-radar. That'd be pricey though.

The Barq is essentially the Chinese AR-1, which in turn is a modified HJ-10 ATGM. It has a similar weight and warhead size to the HJ-10 ATGM. For a semi-active laser-homing ATGM (e.g. AR-1), you need a laser designator source. One alternative is to have a terminal guidance seeker, like IIR or active mmW-radar. That'd be pricey though.

Great, good to know that ... By the way I am of the view that seeker and radar technology are the two areas where Pakistan needs to invest and excel ... this is the most demanding tech and it has multiple uses and we can always mordernize our existing missiles by developing and then changing the seekers (where ever possible) ... Furthermore, this tech is more talent intensive rather than captial intensive so we can train our engineers and in future it also have export potential because only handful of countries can develop reliable seekers ...

What is your view on that and is there any thought process or investment currently going on in that direction ? I know we have a radar manufacturing facility but as per my information facility is now not modernize and is limited to few techs only ...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom