What's new

Burraq UCAV & Shahpur UAV inducted in Pakistani arsenal.

Yes they can, fire missiles and guided rockets.
But Asim Bajwa on twitter has said they are surveillance drones why is that we don't missiles or satellite system for these drones to fire missiles

Awsome news.. need to see Burraq firing those ATG's on the terrorists.

we dont have any ATGM at the moment that can be fitted on burraq.
maybe thats why PA/PAF is trying to get UMTAS and Cirit.

What's the weight and range of a bakhtar shikan and the difference between the Turkish import that will happen. From what I can gather the Turkish missile we are interested in is more like a guided rocket. Does the word rocket mean smaller warhead than a missile? Are the operators looking to use more rockets rather than 2 missiles?

we cant use bakter shikan on burraq. The launch vehicle must stay stationary, which cant be done with a uav.

one thing I know about our Security Establishment is that they would not have bothered to come up on the screen , had it not been important.
this is for sure - these are time tested drones. whether it comes to survillance or Combat role.

is it me - or the point of this ceremony was to tell TTP and the likes - even if US backs down from drone strike - it will be them pounding them hard.
and also to Imran Khan and the likes.....
lets see who gets to fly these - lads from Intelligence or PAF :D

one thing I know about our Security Establishment is that they would not have bothered to come up on the screen , had it not been important.
this is for sure - these are time tested drones. whether it comes to survillance or Combat role.

is it me - or the point of this ceremony was to tell TTP and the likes - even if US backs down from drone strike - it will be them pounding them hard.

They can't work without each other. On the ground, human intelligence is needed in most cases.

If that happens than that would be would be disaster of our forces if they start firing missiles on its own people that would increase the hatred more but Assim Bajwa on twitter is saying these are surveillance drones and also something else he said
Pakistan inducted 1st fleet of indigenously developed UAV systems #Burraq and #Shahpar in #Army/#Air Force. A landmark achievement indeed

UAVs: Induction of surveillance capable UAVs is a force multiplier, will substantially enhance target acquisition capabilities in real time.

I believe neither are weaponised at the moment. I believe you need an effcctive mapping system for targeting. this was questioned asked by a journalist and than he replied
this
True, Both surveillance capable
above are also his tweets
@Aeronaut @balixd @Rafi @Areesh @Oscar and others

Pakistan launches its own ‘drone’

RAWALPINDI: Pakistan on Monday inducted the first fleet of indigenously developed strategic unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), namely Burraq and Shahpar, in the Pakistan Army and Pakistan Air Force.

The induction of UAVs, which are very effective force multipliers, to the inventory of armed forces is a landmark achievement. In the future these UAVs can also be gainfully employed in various socio-economic development projects. The induction ceremony was attended by Chief of the Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Chief of the Air Staff Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt, Strategic Plans Division Director General Lieutenant General (r) Khalid Ahmed Kidwai and senior officers from the armed forces, scientists and engineers, said an ISPR press release.

While appreciating the work of National Engineering and Scientific Commission’s scientists and engineers, Kayani noted that the induction of the indigenously developed surveillance capable UAVs in the armed forces was a force multiplier, and would substantially enhance their target acquisition capabilities in real time. The announcement comes as some of the country’s political parties and thousands of people have protested US drone strikes in the tribal region. app

http://dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2013\11\26\story_26-11-2013_pg1_3

x738482_16384740.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Ct0p0dltfF.jpg

BTW they have good numbers in hand

SHA- 11-802 in ideas they show
SHA -13-623 showed in video

Any indications on flight ceiling of the two models?

Get funds and get Chinese "Predator" drones, that's all I can stress in 8 Years we've come with 2 systems of similar types support which has similarities to Falco except these would be armed versions, can't welcome them with much enthusiasm. In the end these are "inspired" by Falco UAVs.

Anyway ... congratz brothers !

anybody knows about dimensions & specs ?

PoPupwindow.aspx

The model is clearly carrying 2 missiles. So It is now confirmed that it is a UCAV.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom