What's new

Burqa rage: In a first, veil ripped off in France

And this is why i love Americaaaaaaa. any faith can follow their religion freely, in america if a muslim women chooses to wear a burqa she can.

thats wrong Sir,

99% of the womens wear Burqas on their own will. I have never seen my family members wearing burqa in my life but whichever my relative did, its just their own will same is for other peoples. We are living in 21st Century and not 8th or 18th Century where Women can be oppressed to wear Burqa in Europe.

Its just like French are forcing them to take off their Burqas - against WOMEN's choice.

Most muslim i know are either forced, or feel like they have to because of their husbands.

I have a muslim family across the road from me and they think women shouldn't wear burqas either.

I find burqas EXTREMELY SCARY!!
I've only seen one person wearing it and I almost had a heart attack. I just can't believe the barbarity of the whole thing. There is nothing more disgusting than being forced or brainwashed to wear that ****.
I honestly don't understand these Europeans! Such a thing has no place in any culture.

Little boy, you should not have ventured outside without your mommy. Next time ask a responsible adult to walk you.

Oh!
So France also has its own version of Moral Police(Immoral in my opinion). People in Pakistan attack CD shops. People in France attack Burqah people. whats the difference?

Well it is said "When in Rome Do as the Romans do".

If she has decided to live in France she will have to comply with the rule of Law. If she cannot follow it, Go back to your country :)

If she is a French citizen, where would she go ?

This is a classic hate crime. Its battery with intend to cause bodily harm to someone because of that persons faith and orientation.

It has also nothing to do with her breaking the law. If she broke the law, the lawyer as an officer of the court could inform a police person, and then let chips fall where they may. Instead she verbally abuses the burqa wearing woman and then assaults her physically. Does anybody feel how terrified the burqa wearing woman was ?

The Jews were slaughtered by the Germans because they did not represent the German values, Jewish folks didn't mingle with other folks, their love for money was shocking. Laws were made targeting Jews. And then the "final solution." It seems it is open season in Europe to make laws targeting followers of a certain faith. Will this lead to some kind of "final solution" ?

Fact is anti-burqa act is not the law of land yet in France. So breaking the law doesn't fly. If a 60 year old lawyer acts like that, how does that reflect on the French folks. I don't see any difference between this act and the paranoid Swiss law about minaret, and the Belgium anti-burqa law. Its ironic that this moronic Europeans call their land bastion of liberal values, when they don't know a jack about it.

Here in the US it would be prosecuted as a hate crime, and the lawyer would probably be disbarred. The radio talk show hosts would have a field day feeding off it. But thats where it would end. There would be no law targeting specific groups.

Anybody with an iota of civil rights knowledge should be troubled by these threatening developments in Western Europe.

Last edited:
Most muslim i know are either forced, or feel like they have to because of their husbands.

I have a muslim family across the road from me and they think women shouldn't wear burqas either.

All my life I have only known a few people that I can count with my fingers that wear burqa. Maybe, just maybe one was wearing because the husband expected so. You on the other hand know a whole lot of muslim woman who are forced by the husbands.

Curious, since when the cows started flying ?

If you ask me, at least half the muslims in Europe should either return back to their respective countries or move on to a better location i.e the US.
Apart from that, we need to have our Imams run an information campaign that tells these people that Burka is not part of Islam, it's a bid'a. And finally we need to have organizations that sues the hell out of people who commit hate crimes on the basis of religion or ethnicity.

The lawyer in question was a woman, the sort of thing that happens in france, where women arent required by law to wear a tent when they go outside, they can actually get an education and a job.

If some one wants to live like an 10th century arab then go live in Saudi where that is encouraged, if you want to live in 20th century france then accept the norms.

I would love to know how many would be supporting the right to wear a tent in public, would be supporting my rights if next time im in Dubai i give a girl a good pash and spend the next 3 months in jail. After all i should have the right to do what I want no mater what is normal or legal in the country i am in right?

Nope, you don't have any clue about human rights. Read the following from the UN:

PREAMBLE

Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,

Whereas disregard and contempt for human rights have resulted in barbarous acts which have outraged the conscience of mankind, and the advent of a world in which human beings shall enjoy freedom of speech and belief and freedom from fear and want has been proclaimed as the highest aspiration of the common people,

Whereas it is essential, if man is not to be compelled to have recourse, as a last resort, to rebellion against tyranny and oppression, that human rights should be protected by the rule of law,

Whereas it is essential to promote the development of friendly relations between nations,

Whereas the peoples of the United Nations have in the Charter reaffirmed their faith in fundamental human rights, in the dignity and worth of the human person and in the equal rights of men and women and have determined to promote social progress and better standards of life in larger freedom,

Whereas Member States have pledged themselves to achieve, in co-operation with the United Nations, the promotion of universal respect for and observance of human rights and fundamental freedoms,

Whereas a common understanding of these rights and freedoms is of the greatest importance for the full realization of this pledge,

Now, Therefore THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY proclaims THIS UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS as a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations, to the end that every individual and every organ of society, keeping this Declaration constantly in mind, shall strive by teaching and education to promote respect for these rights and freedoms and by progressive measures, national and international, to secure their universal and effective recognition and observance, both among the peoples of Member States themselves and among the peoples of territories under their jurisdiction.

^ Top

Article 1.

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Article 2.

Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

The discussion is about France. So don't go on a wild goose chase about how it is in another nation.

it might not be common. infact the article mentions that this was the first time such an incident took place

if you can give me a source that the incident did not take place, i will be more than happy to accept it.

this is not about the incident i didn't hear about in national and tv news

but it is about what is said in the article

ok let's start with what we can read in Europe about Islam from racist groups (which in France always cry "we are not racist" like "Front National")
they always take a little fact and they only speak about things which lead ot believe Islam is unrespectful , dangerous and so on
it is the same problem with this article

let me now explain a few points

(first Dear canaan i am Hussein and dear Pasban is another Iranian living there ;) still i idont him personnaly

in the article:
The incident happened due to growing racial tensions in the country
this is no racial tension in the country at all. what a total ignorance !
the right wing, and Sarkozy (the president) is using "national identity program" and "burqa ban" as to attract the "very right wing" people to vote for him. they make people think about something else than their own problems.
it is not a problem of races which are about but ONE religion. Sarkozy says he wants a moderate Islam in France. I agree with this of course . But i cannot agree with the options he took and the position he put the muslims there ... so they are both anti burqa but feel like designated as the bad guys by some people

the article:
The French parliament has adopted a formal motion declaring burkas and other forms of Islamic dress to be "an affront to the nation's values"
First and most important the origin of the debate and law is not this but women associations. a communist guy (communists are always near of associations here) was accessed by Sarkozy to study the burqa and say to French government what is necessary to do.
The fact is that there are two options most people have choosen and shows the two big partis ideas:
- a total ban with punishments for the woman and the man who is forcing the woman to wear it especially. a few of them even think all scarfs should be banned but it is happy to know it is not majority and there are many women wearing scarf
- a ban but when then the woman should go to a course where they teach her what are the life in french communauty and the principles of the republic

"the nation" idea is a part of the speech in some of political persons here but it doesn't concern majority of people. even Sarkozy, who i am not fan at all,
his position on burqa is as well linked by his education: he grew up educated by a woman and was always here known to have much respect for women
for exemple he is doing many commissions to study if women have same salaries, if women how much beaten of them are to create everything possible to help them

it is so easy for a writer far from the reality to make a fantasm
this article is

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom