What's new

Bomb kills 20 in northwest Pakistan

RIP to dead

Car Bomb Kills Dozens in Pakistan

By ISMAIL KHAN

Published: January 10, 2012

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — More than two dozen people, including women and children, were killed on Tuesday by a truck bomb that a senior government official said appeared to target a pro-government group in western Pakistan as an act of reprisal for the recent death of a militant leader.

The bombing appeared to have been carried out by Tehrik-i-Taliban, an umbrella organization of Pakistani militant groups, against the Zakhakhel tribe, which has formed a militia in support of the government, said Mutahir Zeb, administrator for the Khyber tribal region. Mr. Zeb said the militant group sought to avenge the death of Qari Kamran, a local Taliban commander, by security forces last week in an area occupied by the Zakhakhel, one of the primary tribes belonging to the Afridi.

Mr. Zeb said that a pick-up truck exploded in the middle of a bus terminal in town of Jamrud that is used by the Zakhakhel.

The bomb destroyed several vehicles, damaged a nearby gasoline pump and shattered windows in the area. Twenty-seven people were also wounded in the bombing and were taken to hospitals in Peshawar.

“I was on duty at the nearby check post when I heard a big bang. I rushed toward the spot and saw bodies lying around while the injured cried for help. It was devastating,” said Mir Gul, a security guard at the post. “There was blood everywhere.”

Tuesday’s bombing fit a pattern of previous revenge attacks, Mr. Zeb said. Last August, militants struck a mosque in the region, killing 51 people to punish a pro-government Kukikhel tribe.

The New Year has begun with increased violence across the Khyber region and Pakistan’s lawless tribal regions.

No group immediately claimed responsibility for Tuesday’s attack but the Tehrik-i-Taliban group has said it carried out at least two executions of Pakistani security forces during the past week, killing 25 security officers in two incidents in the volatile North Waziristan and Orakzai tribal region.

A spokesman for the Tehrik-i-Taliban had earlier claimed the execution of 15 soldiers belonging to the Frontier Constabulary, despite reports in the media about peace talks between the two sides.

Yeah! Right... Thats why there are less than 30 posts in 3.5 hrs.. That too mostly Indians praying for the dead Pakistanis....

I don't even see even 3 posts for 10 dead CRPF soldiers or 6 slaughtered civilians in 3.5 weeks let alone hours. :lol:

Anyways as I said it is a useless debate. :)

I don't even see even 3 posts for 10 dead CRPF soldiers or 6 slaughtered civilians in 3.5 weeks let alone hours. :lol:

So you would compare Indians posting on Pakistani forum about their dead jawans with Pakistanis posting on their own forum about a terror attack that kills 26 of their civilians.. LOL That.. ;)

So you would compare Indians posting on Pakistani forum about their dead jawans with Pakistanis posting on their own forum about a terror attack that kills 26 of their civilians.. LOL That.. ;)

I was just analyzing the respect and care Indians show towards their own dead and how this behavior forces someone like Omer to think your sympathy is fake. ;)

As I said before we discuss many thing on Pakistani forum even those who have nothing to do with Pakistan. And your countrymen seem to be very active there. :)

The tragedy and the bitter truth is that the very victims at one time under the impression that the Talibans are the true Muslims, probably sheltered them and after becoming aware of the Taliban's real intentions, turned against them and now are paying the price for the so called betrayal. RIP to the deceased.
BTW, it's nothing new that after every such incident in Pakistan, there are ever more Indians lining up to show their grief.

Sad. Even at times like this, pakistanis would like to show their inferiority complex.

On topic: Condolences to the families of the victims.

I have just joined yesterday but the posting trend of Pakistani members are worrisome. they seem to be more concerned about the trivial things in India rather than talking about the critical situation of their own country where they are facing so much violence.

It is indeed terrible when something like this occurs and my prayers are with the victims and their families.
Sadly Pakistan has been fighting terrorism for a number of years and is still suffering - this is the sad side effect of these extremist peasants that launch atrocities of this nature.
The problem with you guys is you are so obsessed with our nation that the likes of you, suddenly appear and have in depth knowledge out dating your start date on this forum suggesting you have previously been banned and relaunched your existence as a new troll.Its sometimes difficult to accept your condolences when they are, for example like karan 1970 - glazed with a wink at the end of his post. Whats all that about on a post regarding a bomb blast killing 20 people? It shows us your countrymen and yours mindsets. I amused to the gloats coming from some Indian members and accept it. Its sad when they dont look in their own back yard before soft trolling.
BTW who were you before you got banned? Come on be honest....if you got the b*lls tell us all!!

Offcourse Its a useless debate, and moreover there shouldnot be any debate here in such topics. Having said that, in these kind of thread ppl come and pay there tribute/condolences to dead. You have problem that Indian paying tribute to poor soul.

Just go to the first page and see who started the "Debate" in this thread..

What u guys want that we dance up and down At the dead of some Women who has gone to pick up her children from school or At death of those children who were playing on street with friend for fun just Bcoz they Are Pakistani...... If that was a army person is kill then also it no reason to cheers ...Coz One death in family leaves a trail of devasted ppl behind them .....

HUm Dushman hi sahi, Par hum Dushmani mein bhi Sharafat rakte hain

Even animals feels sorry when someone dies in their herd .... U guys have left them also far behind ....
This Song goes to to all lost soul here may they find their way back and learn to appreciate life

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just analyzing the respect and care Indians show towards their own dead and how this behavior forces someone like Omer to think your sympathy is fake. ;)

As I said before we discuss many thing on Pakistani forum even those who have nothing to do with Pakistan. And your countrymen seem to be very active there. :)

But do you honestly believe that Indians would want to talk about something bad in their country on a Pakistani forum.. ??? I doubt it.. However go to an Indian defence forum and you will see scores of comments on that incident.. Unlike here where in a thread on a Pakistani forum about Pakistani civilians getting killed, the discussion is more focused around why Indians do not put comments on a thread about a maoist attack :disagree:

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

BTW, it's nothing new that after every such incident in Pakistan, there are ever more Indians lining up to show their grief.

Better than Pakistanis calling Indians getting killed as a DRAMA...

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

In real world that only happens when faced with something of superior nature......Ahem....cough....cough. !!

Not really.. Its also a psychological disorder.. ;)

It is indeed terrible when something like this occurs and my prayers are with the victims and their families.
Sadly Pakistan has been fighting terrorism for a number of years and is still suffering - this is the sad side effect of these extremist peasants that launch atrocities of this nature.
The problem with you guys is you are so obsessed with our nation that the likes of you, suddenly appear and have in depth knowledge out dating your start date on this forum suggesting you have previously been banned and relaunched your existence as a new troll.Its sometimes difficult to accept your condolences when they are, for example like karan 1970 - glazed with a wink at the end of his post. Whats all that about on a post regarding a bomb blast killing 20 people? It shows us your countrymen and yours mindsets. I amused to the gloats coming from some Indian members and accept it. Its sad when they dont look in their own back yard before soft trolling.
BTW who were you before you got banned? Come on be honest....if you got the b*lls tell us all!!

what is this ? I didn't understand ? Don't you have the policy of banning the IP on PDF ? I am new to this forum infact I have just joined this forum only and not a part of any other forum. This kind of personal attack is uncalled for. I think Moderators do have some mechanism to find out the multiple IDs. If you think I am one of those I request the Moderators to take appropriate action.

Well Omer might be thinking that how those people who don't even care their own people can care for our people. May be it was looking fake to him for some valid reasons. Record of Indians members is pathetic in such cases. Anyways it is a useless debate. Any innocent death is condemnable.

Doesi it matter at all what Omar or even you for this matter think. Not to me, it does not!
Whether you bother to condemn it or not is besides the point. I do consider it worth mourning and I did!
So we don't need any self-appointed "judges" on this score. Goodbye.

Back
Top Bottom