What's new

Bangladesh wants to buy Russia’s Yak-130 & SU-27 !

Burmese air force is already better than us. They have around 32 mig 29.

Yeah syria and egypt also had better air force than Israel! You need to fly them, i have doubts about their capability! Its more difficult than setting fire to an empty kalar house!!

Yeah syria and egypt also had better air force than Israel! You need to fly them, i have doubts about their capability! Its more difficult than setting fire to an empty kalar house!!

Although the migs they bought may be of older version, our jet fighters( f7s and A5s) as of now are not exactly on par with the migs they own. Furthermore our migs are yet to be upgraded to SMT version as of now.

Sometimes I wonder why some people can talk bravery against 157 IAF Sukhoi planes, but, again, some people are worried about only 32 MAF Migs as if MAF is already on air strikes. If MAF has this and that, we are also doing this and that. We are a little late because of economic expansion took the front seat in our priorities. We will go faster than Myanmar now, because our economy is now based on stronger foundation. The reason Russia, USA and China all are willing to sell weapons to us is because of our strong economy. Although it is credit purchase, but it shows these countries know we can pay them back.

What happened to Chinese Jets ? Even there are claims that PAF rejected J10 .

Although the migs they bought may be of older version, our jet fighters( f7s and A5s) as of now are not exactly on par with the migs they own. Furthermore our migs are yet to be upgraded to SMT version as of now.

Their MiGs are of SE variant.

F-16, Su-30, F-18, MiG-29M, J-10, Su-35, Gripen and now Su-27 - Where does it end? Is there no limit to a fanboy's wet dreams?

You pole vaulters are only good for J-7BGI junks! Get that and be happy with that piece of sshit! Or if possible get the Junk Fighter -17 and turn your airspace into a junk yard. J-7BGI and JF-17, would be a superb combination for you lot.

You are a loser.:lol:

Why do you guys talk like a child? Why it is important to quote a newspaper headline about air superiority when the reporter do not have the smallest idea what is the difference between a helicopter and a mig. Better talk like a man who do not find faults with every word or semicolon in a newspaper report, and do not bash us by quoting an ignorant newspaper.

Look, it is only a few BD posters who are confused, not the BAF. As it is with PAF, IAF and all other airforces, there are mixes of lows and highs. BD has old A-5s and F-7MBs that needed to be replaced with better ones. So, we have this purchase of BGIs. Since we already have Mig-29s, therefore, it is a low/high mix.

The next step BAF is taking is to raise its total level of capability. BAF has decided to procure YAK-130 training planes and will retire the old training planes.

BAF is simultaneous talking with Russia also to purchase Su-27. It is a great platform which will elevate our airforce to a respectable level. Not only this, BAF will also purchase 8 units of Mig-29SMT and will upgrade its existing Mig fleet to SMT level. Total purchase this time from Russia is 32-40 units of 4.5G planes excluding the YAKs. So, I do not see any inconsistencies in the BAF purchasings of BGIs, YAKs, Migs or Sukhois.
wasn't that SU 30 before but now came down to SU 27. whats next tell me its Su 35

Surely, you are away from civilization...:rofl::rofl:
Can you say that one more time, Please

wasn't that SU 30 before but now came down to SU 27. whats next tell me its Su 35

Su-27 has been mentioned by Russian official not by Bangladeshi officials. It has been mentioned it is SU-27 SM2 but in the future it can also be SU-35 as it is a variant of Su-27 as well and what is the problem if we get it in the future!!!

Su-27 has been mentioned by Russian official not by Bangladeshi officials. It has been mentioned it is SU-27 SM2 but in the future it can also be SU-35 as it is a variant of Su-27 as well and what is the problem if we get it in the future!!!

I would ignore the snide comments of some Pakistanis and Indians about this issue.

For decades, even though both countries were also dirt poor, they had this kind of superiority complex as BD was poorer still and it was so poor that it could not even afford a decent military.

Now BD has surpassed both Pakistan and India in key indicators like life expectancy and child malnutrition and currently it is growing faster than India by a little and miles quicker than Pakistan.

With it's new found wealth, BD is now finally in a position to purchase decent numbers of modern weapons and this is painful for some to see.

Problem?? i don't have any problem with whatever you buy.But it starts with Su 30 upgraded SU 27 and end up with BGI.Anyway buy whatever you feel like go for Typhoon.

I would ignore the snide comments of some Pakistanis and Indians about this issue.

For decades, even though both countries were also dirt poor, they had this kind of superiority complex as BD was poorer still and it was so poor that it could not even afford a decent military.

Now BD has surpassed both Pakistan and India in key indicators like life expectancy and child malnutrition and currently it is growing faster than India by a little and miles quicker than Pakistan.

With it's new found wealth, BD is now finally in a position to purchase decent numbers of modern weapons and this is painful for some to see.

Painful for us to see your so call modern equipment.Come on don't insult your air superiority fighter BGI. India and Pakistan are still poor countries with lots of problems.If you have advanced that's good news

Can you say that one more time, Please
Su-30 was also our guessing in the PDF when it surfaced a few months ago that Russia would extend a military credit of $850 million. I myself posted that news article in PDF. Very seldom our military spokesmen talk openly about purchasing matters. But, this time the Su-27 came up from a Russian spokesman and we are now guessing which grade of Su-27 BAF will induct or Russia will agree to supply. Please read the original post. BAF is not like IAF or PAF who regularly speaks about the future purchases in order to show their strength to each other.

Problem?? i don't have any problem with whatever you buy.But it starts with Su 30 upgraded SU 27 and end up with BGI.Anyway buy whatever you feel like go for Typhoon.

Su-27 and BGI are two separate deal and Bangladesh is going for both. Go back and read as it has been mentioned several times. Su-27 is coming as attachment with Nuclear power plant and gas exploration deal which was signed between Bangladesh and Russia. Russia is providing 850 million usd loan for it.

Painful for us to see your so call modern equipment.Come on don't insult your air superiority fighter BGI. India and Pakistan are still poor countries with lots of problems.If you have advanced that's good news

BD government should be having a lot more money as the decade progresses.

Not only will the economy be growing at around 7% a year till the end of the decade but there is also a realistic plan to increase the proportion of GDP spent by the government rising from 15-20% of GDP as well.

It will take a while but the day won't be that far away when BD has a conventional military that is on a par with Pakistan.

The F-7BGI was a separate deal intended to be a stop gap, and not part of the 4th generation fighter aircraft acquisition program. In case you didn't know, the F-7 is a 3rd generation fighter. And no, it's not an "air superiority" fighter.
The government has initiated a 'massive programme' to technologically advance the Bangladesh Air Force, a parliamentary watchdog says in a report.

The multibillion dollar programme include purchase of fighters, advanced jet trainers, radar and other equipment from Russia, China and other countries.

"Bangladesh installed short range air defence (SHORAD) system in December last year. It signed agreements last year to buy one squadron (16) of F-7 BGI fighter planes, three MI-171 helicopters and two AD radars," revealed a report of the parliamentary standing committee on planning ministry.

"Bangladesh will also procure one squadron of MRCA (Multi-Role Combat Aircraft) advanced jet trainers and high-powered radar under long-term loan protocol from Russia," it added.
Air Force getting multibillion dollar revamp | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com
6390072521_15fe02a020_b.jpg

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...sh-china-ordered-16-f-7bgi-light-fighter.html

These kind of things take time. Buying such things are not like buying candy from your nearest store.

And Mr. Phashun, I suggest next time you try to at least do some research before commenting.

Back
Top Bottom